• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What is your worst experience with Pokemon?

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies
What was your worst experience with Pokemon?

Ever have a really bad moment with Pokemon, either in the game, or with the cards, something with the anime, or the whole franchise? Ever get really disappointed with it?
Just something to discuss about.
Have at it.

Last edited:

PaperMarlo

I enjoy your avatar.

And yeah, I think the anime has seriously gone downhill. It's like a real little kid's show now, like Dora. And the games don't have much dimension to them after second gen (though B&W is looking a little different... a little).

However, I've loved what they've done with the TCG. Especially when Delta species came out, those were my favourite.

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies
^thanks. ;)

I totally agree with the anime, I absolutely hate it and no longer watch it. It is too long, Ash takes like a few weeks to get a damn gym badge or whatever. It lost its appeal to me. The TCG rocks, so cool, though the originals are still my favorite. The games aren't bad, but they really need to stop creating new Pokemon. Why? They are starting to lose its creativeness and go into Digimon. (I apologize if this offends people who do like 5 gen.)
That's my opinion as of now.

PaperMarlo

I agree with the Digimon comment. But I was wonderin' if they're going to make it to a THOUSAND Pokemonz... which would be ridiculous.

And I still love the games, just not a fan of the overall story.

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies
The story needs to have a backbone, get more depth. I mean, I know it's a kids game, but still, they can still understand as long as they have a basic reading ability (they so on the back of the game boxes)
Pokemon mystery Dungeon has enough story to last a lifetime. -_-

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies
Ah, that's a shame, great games in my opinion.
But the main games have a seriously lacking storyline, and it is very tedious. Get the badges, catch all the Pokemon, defeat the E4, over and over again. Let's think of something else new, shall we? I like the games, probably because I just like catching and training, but the storyline is disappointing.
That's why I'm glad to have other games.

PaperMarlo

Ah, I see.
I like Pokemon Snap... a LOT.
I want a sequel and expansions and EVERYTHING.

Sceptogre

Yeah when i foolishly sold all my games plus the gameboy advance 3 years ago assuming id never get back into pokemon, but by fate i did and had to start all over :( i had so many level 100s that i actually worked to get >.<

Whimsy

My main problem with Pokemon has always been that I had to rely on other people to complete the game entirely.. trading/events/wi fi, etc. Always made it impossible for me to truly finish.

Sceptogre

yeah after i sold all my games including the gba foolishly thinking id never play pokemon again. i was sadly mistaken. bye bye all my level 100s >.<

PaperMarlo

My main problem with Pokemon has always been that I had to rely on other people to complete the game entirely.. trading/events/wi fi, etc. Always made it impossible for me to truly finish.

And that makes it extra hard for those of us with little-to-no friends....
Luckily, I had my cousin for the GBC games. And my boyfriend for the GBA games... but that was it.

But then I went to college...! ^_^
;492-s; they see me rollin'... they hatin'...!

Angeltripper

♥ Ace ♥
trying to catch Giratina with a Pokeball. trust me, it took alot. and when YTV messed up when it said "what does arbok evolve into?" "it's SEVIPER". I was like WTF MAN NO IT'S NOT!

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies

I was like that too until the day came that I now own two DS systems. I have little-to-no friends, and hardly anyone at my high school likes Pokemon.

I'm not partial to the version exclusives, to tie in with the trading-issue here. I dunno, that just really irks me for some reason

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
10 years ago, I released all my brothers pokemon in pokemon cyrstal. He had just about everything :( I have no idea why I did it

Molly2010

Pokemon addict
For me, something that really disappoints me with Pokemon is the lack of a story line. It seems to be the same thing every time, but they change the "bad guys" name. I still love the games but I just wish there was a little more complexity (I know it's a kids game and all but still). Other than that, they are very addictive :S

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies
Yeah, me and Paper Marlo were talking about that. I think that PMD has got a good story though, at least in my opinion.
But yes, they are rather addictive. ;)

Last edited: