• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What Keeps you playing G/S/C?

GrassTypes.

What keeps you playing the Second Gen Games?

And, While your here do you think these games are old?

Personally, I do think these games are old, They are close to 10 Years old.

PikaSnap

Joan Ranger
they feel dated, yes, but thats what i love the most about them. :)

ive worked on completing the pokedex; getting buena's phone#; levling up my pokemon to 100; and the battle tower

Though I haven't played in a while, I feel the G/S/C games had the best story line. I've now got heartgold, so maybe that will be a classic in a new package for me.

Kalosian

So long
Nothing. I stopped playing them long ago. There wasn't enough to do in them to keep me playing them. And yes, these games are old and outdated.

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
The fact the both my pokemon crystal and gold both still work. Only my silver has that restart glitch.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I don't play GSC that much anymore, unfortunately. My Silver and Crystal are dead now, so playing them isn't that fun. I do play Gold still sometimes, mostly to just check if the internal battery is still alive (I'm dreading the day when it finally does die...)

I *wish* I played the games more, because they are fun and there are some Pokemon I would like to try out. However, the internal battery is a major problem for me...I don't see the point in replacing my batteries if they're just going to die again...

And yes, I think these games are old. The graphics look very outdated compared to the newer games. Plus, there are remakes.

sizida

CoconutIsTheAnswer
the BGM is epic! whenever i hear the beast theme song, my heart rate spikes!

only if my gba still works properly...

girazard

IT'S A TRAP!!!
Training loads of Pokemon to use in casual battles, and Stadium 2 kept me going for AGES. I actually prefer the originals to the remakes.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
My Silver's battery has gone out on me, but at least once I went ahead and played it all the way to Kanto with the game plugged into a recharger every minute of its useage. I mainly did it for the nostalgia, and I loved every moment of it. I also noticed that it was relatively as hard as I remember it to be, but I would get through it without too many problems.

I miss that old thing... and yes, they're are out-dated, since it has been a little over a decade since the release.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Nothing since there are remakes.

I personally don't think that the remakes were that great.

I still play Gold version and Crystal version, but not all the time. I've played through the 2nd Generation games at least twenty times, so I've gotten kind of tired of them. I think the BGM in these games is amazing, though. I guess I just play for nostalgia's sake.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I barely Play Silver for reasons like It's extremely outdated and the remakes exist and yeah Gold,Silver,and Crystal are old there about 10/11yrs old so the only thing that keeps me playing these old games is not having the remakes at the moment so that's why I play, Just barely though.

Rhonder

I love these games. I don't really know why, they're just cool. That, and I remember playing them the most when I was little. Blue was my first pokemon, but Silver was the one that I liked better. Unfortunately, all three of mine have finally died :'[ I thought that my Crystal was still going strong, but I attempted to play it over the weekend only to find that it wouldn't save like the rest... unfortunate. Now I'm def putting Heart Gold on my wish list for Christmas. Already have soul Silver, but if I can't play the originals, I'd better at least have the remakes!

xDWarrior

To me GSC are the best games. I can't pinpoint it, but these games just keep drawing me back in a way the other games haven't. Of course they're old, they're over 10 years old (I got Gold for my 8th birthday, I'm going to be 19 in a week), but that doesn't mean they aren't good!

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
They are my favorite games and yes they are a little old.

abrar14

Statter Master
@ The 4th Kira- Give me one thing in G/S/C that is better than in HG/SS (apart from the shiny egg thing)