1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

What keeps you playing the 3rd Generation?

Discussion in 'Past Pokémon Generations Discussion' started by emeraldellie, Jul 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emeraldellie

emeraldellie Δ Staff Member Admin

Title says it all. Why do you still play these games after D/P have come out internationally?

As for me, I play to get Pokemon I can't get in DP, breed for Pokemon with good IV's if they need tutor moves in their moveset, and to be able to have a fresh start and a new adventure when I restart them, since I can't really restart my DP x;

2. Pokemanyak

Pokemanyak Little VoltTackler

Not having D/P

3. MAGAX

MAGAX Symbol Hunter

even though i have both diamond and pearl i still play the 3rd gen for several reasons:
    1)Battle Frontier(not going to stop till ive gotten all the gold symbols)
    2)Cloning in emerald
    3)Able to catch a feebas in Sapphire since i found 1 of the 6 tiles.
    4)Im not used to the D/P physical/special split
    5)Obtain 3rd gen legendaries for the 4th gen
    6)Good pokeblocks are easier to make than poffins, especially with emerald's blend master. This is essential for feebas' evolution

thats what i can think of at the moment. 4th gen is good too with its slightly longer storyline(or was i just slow in completing the game?) and more variety of pokemon.

4. mrhiyuck

mrhiyuck curious

Personally I like Hoenn better then Sinnoh and I miss the Battle Frontier. I will be playing Emerald / XD / FireRed until Platinum comes out.

5. i like to SR for the shiny starters and legendaries and it is also a good game to raise pokemon, aswell as helping you to complete the pokedex in D/P

the contests to me are alot easier aswell

6. Twilit Dragoon

Twilit Dragoon *omnious thunderstorm*

Mostly hunting shinies that you can't get in Diamond/Pearl(three birds/regis/etc). I also breed for shinies and for Pokemon with good IV's as well, so I can trade them to DP. I'm also trying to get all the Frontier symbols, but haven't touched it in a while.

7. Yami Marius

Yami Marius Pokémon Wizard

Because it's a different game, that's why.

8. mewfanforlife

mewfanforlife Well-Known Member

Emerald-Battle Frontier and the IV checker person. (I keep horrible records of EVs so the calculators are ineffective).
    FR/LG-Scramble Challenges and to a lesser degree nostalgia.
    R/S-Nothing

9. Kreis

Kreis Still Dirrty

Reseting for shiny starters, reseting for shiny legends, and breeding.

10. Ammako

Ammako Well-Known Member

I just play them because D/P aren't the only Pokémon games.

Just like Mario/Zelda/FF/etc., people still play the old Mario/Zelda/FF/etc. games even if newer games are out.

11. jhammers2

jhammers2 Well-Known Member

Im just addicted lol, but truthfully i like the storyline and pokemon, especially the starters

12. Chaos Rush

Chaos Rush Well-Known Member

Eh, not having D/P.

And confusing my brother in link battles when I use Pokemon moves that they don't learn through level up (NINETALES used HYPNOSIS!).

13. Sharks Shouldn't Fly

Sharks Shouldn't Fly Radda radda.

A need for the legendary dogs (just Raikou, now),
    and
    the Battle Frontier.

Those are the only things that keep me interested in Leaf Gree and Emerald, respectively.

14. Witchan

Witchan Shauntal, FTW!

Battle Frontier.

15. Shiny Heracross

Shiny Heracross Well-Known Member

I'm waiting for Platinum to come out because I'm indecisive over whether to get Diamond or Pearl. For now, I'm using Emerald, Leaf Green, Colosseum, and XD to get all 386 Pokemon in the third gen. Then I'll work on fourth gen. Hopefully more games will be released so that I can get any fourth gen Pokemon missing from Platinum. (Without having to buy D/P.)

16. Honestly, I don't even play it much anymore. Now all I do is maybe turn it on for a bit and reset for like five minutes for a shiny legend every so often.

17. Heliotrope

Heliotrope it shone! ^_^

Shiny hunting. ^_^

Oh and also breeding, cloning, items/Pokemon that I can't get in 4th gen.

18. swampert55

swampert55 Well-Known Member

I don't really even like D/P. Besides, I have a complete national dex in Ruby for the ultimate breeding resource.

19. Amonitas

Amonitas Well-Known Member

Excactly, DP is not as good as RSE, because there is batlefrontier, nicer graphics, I have always hated DP graphics and there are better contests and it's useful to breed pokemon there to make them easier to train in DP.

20. sapphire_addict

sapphire_addict Brooklyn rage!

I play because it was my first game and i am so proud of what i have done in it, and i have developed a bond with all the pokemon i have spent hundreds of hours training.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.