• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What keeps you playing the 3rd Generation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why i play 3rd generation pokemon? I can't afford another Ds. My brother has one, but it's broken. And there's so many people in my family i'm not sure we have spare money for diamond or pearl, let alone a Ds. :(

Diargua150

Seek And Destroy
The Battle Frontier and raising Pokemon to trade to Diamond

Leaf_Blade_Leafeon28

Hungry as a Snorlax
Well to get pokemon not available in D/P along with getting a masterball I never use so I just trade that over as well.

I Stopped playing them like a year before DP Came out. it just got two stupid.

I don't have a DS, and besides, LeafGreen is my only working game. Plus I have no problem playing it over and over again, anyways. ^^

flygon54

just the fact that its just fun to replay leaf green over and over again

The Composer

The Composer
I still play because I HATE D/P. I really think that it was such a waste of time (when they could've made...umm...I dunno, a remake of GSC which is imo the greatest pokemon generation ever -possible future included as I feel that D/P really just over did it-). I played GSC more (before I lost my Gold...:(), but I like RSE WAY better than D/P.

shinygroudon232

I plead the 5th!!
I'm milking my emerald and fire red version of thier legendaries and items.

DanChimchar

Friends are Diamonds
Well Love the DP games but I still play my emerald because of the factory so I can switch Pokemon :)

Ammako

Seriously, I don't see why some people play these games ONLY to get legendaries and items.

I still play them because the game is fun, and it is always fun to restart over and over again.

Miss_Pocket_Monster

Well, I've been on a Gen III kick lately, especially since all I really have left to do in D/P is catch 'em all and go to the Battle Tower. I love D/P, don't get me wrong, but resetting my Gen III games and playing them was a fun and fresh idea.

I love Hoenn, for one. It's a unique region with lots of water routes, and I love the diving. People give this Gen a rough time, I think, because the more I'm getting back into it, the more I realise how much I like the Hoenn Pokemon and the Gym Leaders. This Gen also introduced Contests, and I am fast becoming an aspiring Coordinator.

I also think that, of the Team conflicts in the Pokemon stories so far, that Aqua/Magma is the most interesting one, because it dared to be a little different. Instead of having one evil team, there's one evil and one good, and they fight each other. They also have cool costumes, a neat conflict going on with the legendaries, and I like the weather theme. Emerald did it best, though, by making both teams evil and causing equal chaos with their goals. It was an amazing storyline, and though the Cyrus arc in D/P was fun, R/S/E did it first.

I like FR/LG because it's basically like playing Gen I games with vastly improved graphics, movepools, and extra locations/Pokemon. In other words, it's an improved nostalgia for me.

So, there ya go. In short, I still play Gen III because it's fun and exciting. ;332;

Pokerealm

Newest Shiny~
Only for shinyhunting now, the storyline got bored after some years.

Belraptor

Pokédex Filler
The only reason I still play it is for those damn Latios/Latias and the zangooses, solrocks, lunatones, sevipers ... Yeah, you can get them by inserting them in the DS and playing Diamond/Pearl, but hey, they have costed me a lot, so need to get my money's worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.