• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What keeps you playing the 3rd Generation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PurpleMew

no promises
Well i play it most the time to take part in contests because they rock but without the dancing and stuff from DP.
I also like to restart it and level up Pokemon to trade to DP through PAL PARK.
And just for the pure fun of it.

MetaMence_72

Listen, Banana Boy.
I play emerald 'cuz I don't have a DS. And can't get one.

Sunraichu

goldenslaughterer
I like playing to get some easier shinies to transfer to DP. I like doing contests, too, but I rarely do.

-Giga-

I play to get all of the Starters,
To get shiny Legendarys,
Battle Frontier,
and the Emerald Cloning Glitch.

This is what keeps me going in R/S/E.

jaxonferz

i soft reset for shinies. curently for treecko

psyrose3

I'm playing LeafGreen right now...

I like mucksing around the game. XD

I play for the AWESOME music.

Icosahedron

レミオロメン♪
I'm playing LeafGreen right now...

I like mucksing around the game. XD

I play for the AWESOME music.

Agreed, especially that in 6-7 Island and Lilycove City. =D

Noheart

The Abysswalker
Boredum. When I beat G/S/C by beating Red, I play R/S/E. Yayz.

Last edited:

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
Agreed, especially that in 6-7 Island and Lilycove City. =D
Sootopolis = only goot RSE music kthx :(

oh and I also play to breed Pokemon/stuff. I like it better in Emerald for some reason.. dunno why :p

psyrose3

I started over, actually... I just beat Brock. XD

The Gym Leader Music is made of win...

nat_likes_chocolate

pkmn is randomly fun
dont have d/p

i prefer ruby and emerald because of the battle frontier, and i cant be stuffed buying diamond or pearl. also i like the pokemon better---and i dont like playing the actual adventure (gets too hard after a while) but prefer working on my pokedex and battle tower and raising other pokemon.

mew801

i play because...
1) to hunt for shinies
2) to get numerous amountes of legendaries to find a goos nature
3) for the fun of the battle frontier(emerald)
4) for when i get bored with diamond and want a change

EmeraldLeafBlade

I play them because I love them. I still play all the Pokemon games. The third generation is one of my faves, it has a lot of awesome stuff in it.

Emerald;301;Leaf;410;Blade;002;

Tomato-kun

I'm clueless ♥
I play Emerald because I want to complete the pokedex, get a Cyndaquil, try and capture those legendary rocks....Clone the rocks and cyndaquil,then send the clones to Shinoh >>
I'm failing misrebally,I haven't played Emerald in weeks.

kirby8933083

mai husbando
I still play my Ruby b/e for some reason I really love the scenes and everything was much harder which, I used to hate but now I love. Plus I want to fill up my pokedex as full as I can get it! In fact, ruby was so good, I've been thing about getting Emerald too. Question for anyone here, is it worth getting? And lastly, the music in a lot of the pokemon games are good! I love the pokemon league music (outside where all the flowers are) and the music that plays when you are in the Champion room. :) Too great.

Jiralhanae

I play them because I think DP sucks, and I like the graphics better then the Second Gen ones. Also I'm trying to complete my LeafGreen Pokédex.

The fact that Asuna's only in the third gen (So I play R/S/E more... usually Emerald... rematches <3), Battle Frontier's awesome, better Contests (Even though I don't really like Contests), those Move Tutor people... yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.