• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What keeps you playing the 3rd Generation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Escheria

Ray Tracer
Emerald: Battle Frontier, breeding and RNG - that's what I like most about Emerald and they keep me busy for hours.
LeafGreen: Countless Soft-Resets...

No. 1 Machop Fan

Pokémon Lottery Corner, Mirage Island and my secret base (3rd Gen Secret bases were better than 4th Gen Secret Bases IMO).

freakyboy05

Swing the bat
Pokémon Lottery Corner, Mirage Island and my secret base (3rd Gen Secret bases were better than 4th Gen Secret Bases IMO).

So frickin' true. Other than that and the fact i need the game in order to complete the 4th generation, this game is one of my favorites.

pokman

Resident Wanderer
I play emerald cause it was the first pokemon game I had played. For some reason, the gym leaders(to me)seemed somewhat harder without over training your pokemon(especially Tate&Liza in Emerald)than D/P/Pt. Its also more of challenge to complete the national pokedex in that game.

Displeased Owl

NCTH Leader
The secret base especially grinding against friends without link cables and actualy getting exp from em!
And the variety of the pokemon in each game, allowing for lots of fun ideas in solo runs, monotypes and scrambles! Oh and of course pal parking to the 4th gen. Dunno why it just seems more satisfying uploading your prized pokemon to the 4th gen to take on the world in battle tower wi-fi and what not

Mykonos

In Sapphire, it's the Secret Bases. I loved those things, and having saved character data for my friends that have moved away is awesome. It's like they're still around in some odd way.

ryodragonite

Aura Fist
The secret bases sometimes but just to play an older game that not leafgreen or firered because I dont like to play those for some reason. There too boring and repetitive.

Viridian's Yellow

Mmm~♪ Hmm~♪
I still play my emerald because i haven't finished my pokedex yet

Eivana

There Is No NiGHTS!
At first I didn't like it at all, so I replayed it to kind of figure out why I didn't like it. The second time through, I ended up liking it because of the places you can go. I love collecting ash, oddly enough. That is seriously my favorite part in the game... And getting to Ever Grande City.

Sinnohdragon

Dragoness~
I keep restarting to train teams of Pokémon i haven't used before and then trade them onto Platinum where i then get them to Lv.100

Lunanight

migrating pokemon and getting multiple copies of zapdos, mewtwo, suicune, rayquaza from FR/LG colliseum and R/S/E respectfully.

thank goodness for the cloning cheat in pokemon emerald and it does not need AR to do it :D

also, I feel kinda sorry for drake getting his salamence stolen with AR's catch trainer's pokemon code(forgot the code)

Last edited:

crazy mankey

FlamingGrass Trainer
Making "Evolution teams"

marto_motoko

Steel Trainer
Because it doesn't matter how many times I start the game, there's always a ridiculous number of combinations I can choose from when making my teams. I seriously adore almost all the designs from this generation.

It's so abundant in diversity of types and looks for pokemon right off the bat!

GamePlaya3159

I replay them and try to capture all the Pokemon available in the game, then I migrate them to Diamond. I will do the same thing when Soul Silver comes out. I could just migrate all the Pokemon from Diamond to Soul Silver but I want to start over again.

Ellis

サトセレ結婚
its for me one them games you never get tired of playing... the music...... the storyline all this is great because when ruby and sapphire came out it was so good i remember coming home from school just wanting to play it all the time and now when you play games like this it brings back good memories but also makes you a bit sad at the same time, i feel like this with diamond & pearl now

KGB13

Man of Mystery
I like to replay them over and over with different teams and then migrate pokemon and everything important that was obtained through the journey to my 4th Gen games. The Battle Frontier is also pretty nice.

Ryubane

Why yes, it exists
I am playing through my Ruby for the third time trying to get some Pokémon for my Platinum. I can also get some good EVs for a couple of stronger ones I want in there as well. Plus, I like the Pokémon better.

Status
Not open for further replies.