• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What kind of cat/feline Pokemon might you want to see in the next gen?

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Cat Pokemon are almost everywhere in Pokemon games. With not as plentiful as dog Pokemon, nearly every gen having some kind of rep.

From the Meowths and Mews(?) Of gen 1. To the Incineroars and Solgaleos of gen7.

Interestingly many fall into a handful of type matchups, with many Normal, Dark, and Psychic, Fire cat Pokemon.

So if we get a new cat Pokemon in gen8 what would you like to see it be like. Feel free to be as creative as you want.

Zaide

Sabretooth. I know there's already Raikou, but I'd like something with more emphasis on its fangs. I'd like a rock/fire or rock/dark type with the ability strong jaw, and a stat distribution somewhat like 80/115/80/60/50/110, and a rock type biting move as a signature move (70 BP and ignores opponents stats boosts)

Last edited:

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
Years ago I did have an idea for a Pokemon inspired by a cheetah. It'd be a fire type and can run so fast it leaves a trail of flames behind it.

Although having another fire type feline might be a bit much since we've already got Pyroar and Incineroar.

Last edited:

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
An Ice-type lion to complete the elemental trio.

I'd like to see Pokemon based on a cougar, a leopard and a jaguar too.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
One based on a black footed cat. (They look like a domesticated cat!)

A dark/ ground type that has one stage but is mostly speed, an ability that makes them harder to hit and maybe a signature move that always crits. (Think them like a better Ninjask!)

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Years ago I did have an idea for a Pokemon inspired by a cheetah. It'd be a fire type and can run so fast it leaves a trail of flames behind it.

For a cheetah I'd love to see an electric/ground (to rep the fastest ground animal) or a Electric/Fire.... Maybe a Fire/Ground.

Considering their natural yellow color though, and the whole fastest ground animal thing I think Electric/Ground would be a fun combo though, specially with it only used once before.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Gen7 brought a tough choice for me with starters. My favorite birds are owls. And Grass is my favorite type. So a Grass owl starter was the dream I never knew I wanted.

But we also got a cat starter with the Fire type Litten.... And cats are my favorite animals.

(I chose Grass as I always do).

That said if I could choose one type to be put on a cat/feline line it have to be Grass. And if it's a 3 stage line in the design quality of Luxray line it could very likely become my favorite Pokemon and favorite Grass type.

So that's my most wanted. A Grass/Ice snow lynx (comboed with mint leaves) could be fun specially with some decent speed and attack. Or a Grass/Electric cheetah, o mer dandelion lion that absorbs sun light to be come solar powered be sweet too.

Nockturne

Snow Leopard or Ice type Saber Tooth would be cool. I'd also like to see something based on the more unusual house cat breeds like a Sphinx cat or a Munchkin, or a Maine Coon which are said to be more like dogs in cat bodies.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I want Kotora and its evolution that was leaked from the GS demo.

But besides that I'd love a legend trio based in a tiger, a cheetah and a jaguar. Bonus points if they are half fighting type lol

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
I’d like to see a true sabertooth tiger as well as a Tasmanian tiger even though it’s really a marsupial. A Siberian tiger that is Ice type would be nice too.

Agreed. I'd want to see it with Strong Jaw as an ability.... Mono type be ok but I guess pure Ice wouldn't be terrible.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I want either a true sabertooth tiger fossil, a Siberian tiger with white fur and Ice typing, or a black panther.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
A Fairy or a Fighting one to complete the trio would be good.

Another Psychic cat would be fine as well. Perhaps one that is more physically based?

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
A Fairy or a Fighting one to complete the trio would be good.

Another Psychic cat would be fine as well. Perhaps one that is more physically based?

I kinda love the Fighting type idea....

Maybe it be like a back alley cat known for getting into fights with each other. The really trick would be keeping it from going bipedal when it evolves....

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Sabretooth tiger!
Always wanted one, so long as the appearance is good I don't care what the typing is! Just not Dark.... we've got too many Dark type felines

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Sabretooth tiger!
Always wanted one, so long as the appearance is good I don't care what the typing is! Just not Dark.... we've got too many Dark type felines

And to many Psychic, and to many Normal, and several Fire.

I'd like to see it be at least /Rock.

agent9149

Fairy/Grass
Ability - water absorb

Based on the cattail plants.

85 - HP
40 - Attack
70 - Defense
85 - S. Attack
100 - S. Defense
80 - Speed