• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What kind of dog Pokemon you want in Gen 8?

Orphalesion

I think a pokemon based off of this might be really cool. Its a dog like thing. i think it is a marsupial (has a pouch?) and extinct but it looks unique.
Thylacine
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipe...v/Thylacine_footage_compilation.ogv.360p.webm

Yes it's a Marsupial, or was (it's extinct now) It's most commonly called a Tasmanian Tiger (because of the stripes) but more rarely it's also called a "Marsupial Wolf". It's of course neither of those things, it was one of 2 carnivorous marsupials that were still alive when European settlers arrived here, the other being the Tasmanian Devil.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
This talk about ghost dogs has me thinking of Luigi's Mansion's Ghost Dog.
2016-03-16-11-53-58--1883064619.jpeg

To be honest... he does look like he could fit in a Pokemon game...

landipan

I was thinking that they should do a Komondor or Puli dog pokemon, maybe it would be a grass type and it uses it's cords for vine whip etc. or maybe as a steel type with it's cords being made of metal wires. I dunno, I think all kinds fun designs could be created using the Puli/Komondor unique coat!

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
What about a Poison type Rottweiler.... It could be named Rotwilder.

LadyTriox

I have a boyfriend now; I am his princess❤️
A water/ground dog thats also based on a mud puppy (which is really a salamander lol xD)! :3

That would be cute and funny and awesome. Maybe even give it a dragon type evolution! Maybe ground/dragon salamander and dog like king of the sea beast?! OMG. Ideas ideas ideas~<3

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
If regional variations are a thing again in the next gen, I'd like a regional variant of Rockruff/Lycanroc based on Arctic wolves that is Ice-type. (Wolves and dogs are related so I thought I'd post this).

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
If regional variations are a thing again in the next gen, I'd like a regional variant of Rockruff/Lycanroc based on Arctic wolves that is Ice-type. (Wolves and dogs are related so I thought I'd post this).

Part of me loves that idea..... Part of me feels that with 3 forms, that line might be ok without regional variants in addition to it's forms.

Far as the Arctic wolf thing goes though, I had an idea of a Pokemon based on Arctic wolves as well as howling winds, and cold gales. The idea for it's type would be Ice/Flying and have to really embrace the idea of it being almost like a wolf spirit the runs with cold winds and what not.

FairyNice

Fairytale Fighter

I think a husky Rockruff that evolves into an arctic wolf (or even just the traditional gray wolf, seeing as Lycanroc seems to be based on other types of wolves) could be really cool! Either Ice/Rock or Ice/Dark hopefully IMO.

As for a new dog, I'd want a continental toy spaniel. They're better known as 'papillons' or 'phalenes' depending on whether their ears are perky or floppy, as the positioning makes the ears resemble a butterfly's wings or a moth's wings. A great opportunity to make a Normal/Bug-type, and it could even reference to Beautifly/Dustox, with their personality value determining whether their ears perk up or not.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Lol, I totally get the love for regional variants...

But why do so many want a region Ice type Rockruff line instead of a new Ice type wolf line...?

AG128L

Last night I had a dream about a ground type corgi Pokémon. The tan coloring fit the type very well, and I think there was some sort of digging theme going on. In general, I’d love to see more dog Pokémon that aren’t pure normal type. More dual type doggos would be good too.

ThroughTheIris56

I want a Pokemon based on a Gray Wolf, I'm amazed its taken GF this long. It would be as follows:

Evolution: 3 stage line - 1st stage -> (level 25) 2nd stage -> (level 40) 3rd stage
Type: Ice/Ghost
Ability: Cold Stand - If there is Hail and the Pokemon has less than 1/3 of their health, the user will regain 1/2 of the damage dealt to opponent as HP from any attack.
Base stats:
  • HP - 80
  • Att - 70
  • Def - 70
  • SpA - 125
  • SpD - 80
  • Spe - 110
  • Total - 535
Moves:
  • Shadow Ball
  • Shadow Claw
  • Shadow Sneak
  • Ice Beam
  • Blizzard
  • Hail
  • Icy Wind
  • Ice Fang
  • Crunch
  • Nasty Plot
wolves-snow.jpg

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
We already have a Bull dog, Rottweiler, Doberman, Wolf, Terrier and Poodle.

I say we have a dog based on a Golden Retriever.

It can be a normal/water type, its ability will be a better version of pick up. (It works on used items as well as items that are knocked off.) His stats will seem as a bog standard, fast, physical attacker. His mid stage however has very high defenses in exchange for the offense, while still having good speed. Design to go against teams that rely on eviolites and use it against them, as well as being a good support.

Bahmo

Forget dog Pokemon in G8, a dachshund is my most wanted Pokemon, period.