• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What kind of DS do you own?

What DS do you own?

• Nintendo DS

Votes: 10 7.5%
  • DS Lite

Votes: 37 27.8%
  • DSi (or XL)

Votes: 25 18.8%
  • 3DS

Votes: 61 45.9%

• Total voters

Lanik

I own a Nintendo DS and a DSi. The hinges on my DS are broken but it's still useful for trading with myself. My DSi doesn't have a single scratch on it though.

Klizcool

GARBAGE DAY?!?!
I have a DS Lite because it still works. Hell, my Gameboy Color still works. But that's not the point.

I might get a 3DS because of the new Mystery Dungeon.

DS Lite and 3DS.

I never understood the point of the XL ones. I thought the handy thing about handheld consoles was that they're small. So why going back to something that's about the size of a good old Game Boy?

the3rdH0kage

Turn my Swag on!
A Zelda: Phantom Hourglass Limited Edition DS Lite, a White, DSi, and a Crimson Red 3ds.

TherianForm

King of TM87
Black Ds Lite with Pokemon sticker case, and blue 3ds with Ocarina of Time black case :)
3DS is a lot better imo.

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
I have a Dsi XL, coincidentally I bought mine the day the 3ds was announced. The reason I didn't buy the 3ds is because I knew Nintendo was gonna pull the 3ds XL out of their butts, and because I had high hopes for the Phat Pikachu 3ds to be sold in the states, well that doesn't seem likely. Anyway I'm getting myself a new XL because mine is kind of beat up(I want the midnight blue one) and 3ds XL for Christmas.

Last edited:

Thomas Elliot

I AM HUSH
DS Lite and 3DS.

I never understood the point of the XL ones. I thought the handy thing about handheld consoles was that they're small. So why going back to something that's about the size of a good old Game Boy?

I bought my DS Lite in 2007, along with a hard clear plastic case and I have managed to take extremely good care of it, still looks brand new.

Drake, I completely understand where you are coming from, but I don't think the DS versions are meant to be ultra portable any more. Honestly I don't think the DS Lite is completely portable. Will it fit in my jeans back pocket? Of course, but it is not totally comfortable. To me something portable is that it can fit in with the things you normally carry every day and not get in the way of things. The Micro and the SP were definitely meant to be a means of portable gaming system.
If you look at the video game technology it is actually an interesting trend. The home consoles, PS3/XBOX360/WII, all come out in a certain size and they try to shrink the system from there. But handheld devices (I include phones in this), at one point the trend was to go ultra small, but as the tablet technology has grown, you notice that these devices are growing in size as the years go on.
With that being said, I personally love the XLs and I am thinking of getting a 3DS XL myself. Just wish they had better colors out.

Sceptile Master

Survivor of the Great Avatar Depression
I used to own a Phat DS, but well... let's leave it at it got ruined. (I miss Pokemon Dash...)

Since then I have owned two DS Lites, both pink. The first one got a broken hinge while playing Diamond though, and the second one suffered the nearly same fate. However, not too long ago I recently ordered some casing parts online and recased one of the DS lites... sadly though, since my mother seems to have either accidentally hidden away or thrown out the box where I was keeping some of the stuff, I had to also steal some parts from my other DS lite to recase the one (I think I used the screens from different DSs in the end... since I was afraid I terribly mangled one of the ribbon cables, which I'm not sure of. It was sad saying bye to my Pal Pads though). Sadly, the parts also being...3rd party, they didn't fit together perfectly, leaving an ever so small gap between the two pieces used to make up the top screen above the actual screen. But it's fine enough, and works great. (Sadly, me missing some parts... when I put together the other DS Lite again, it's probably gonna be even less perfect than before.)

...and that's how I ended up with a recased DBZ DS Lite with pink buttons.

Aegon

I have the original DS, a DSi and an XL. I also own a 3DS, but that's not a DS model.

Flame Mistress

I have the DS Lite, the DSiXL, and the 3DS. The hinges on the DS Lite are a bit loose, but otherwise it seems to be functioning properly.