• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What kind of Early-Obtained Bird Pokemon do you want?

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
In every generation, there's always a bird Pokemon you can obtain early on and level up. This has been a unbroken trend in Pokemon and it really shouldn't be a surprise if it happens again. In fact it's pretty understandable if many of you think it's guaranteed at this point it's going to happen. What could be a surprise is what kind of bird Pokemon it could be? Staraptor, Talonflame and Toucannon were some surprises for example. One trend I have noticed though, is how every early-obtained bird Pokemon is always based on a species/group of birds.

Pidgeot - Pidgeons
Noctowls - Owls
Swellow - Swallows
Staraptor - Starlings
Unfezant - Pheasants
Talonflame - Hawks
Toucannon - Toucans

But this is less of making guesses on what the next early-obtained bird Pokemon is and more what kind of early-obtained bird Pokemon do you want?

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I liked Talonflame because it has a typing other than Normal/Flying. I want to see another regional bird like that.

shoz999

I liked Talonflame because it has a typing other than Normal/Flying. I want to see another regional bird like that.
I always had this idea of an electric/flying pseudo-legendary Pokemon you could get early on in the game. I've always wanted to see a pseudo-legendary bird Pokemon.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I always had this idea of an electric/flying pseudo-legendary Pokemon you could get early on in the game. I've always wanted to see a pseudo-legendary bird Pokemon.
I would also like to see more psuedos that aren't dragons. We haven't had a non-Dragon type Psuedo-Legendary since Gen 3 with Metagross.

shoz999

I would also like to see more psuedos that aren't dragons. We haven't had a non-Dragon type Psuedo-Legendary since Gen 3 with Metagross.
I feel like a Bird-Of-Prey pseudo-legendary would be an awesome start. Something bigger than Staraptor, almost like it's out of Monster Hunter lol.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I feel like a Bird-Of-Prey pseudo-legendary would be an awesome start. Something bigger than Staraptor, almost like it's out of Monster Hunter lol.
You're saying that you want the regional bird to also be a Psuedo-Legendary?

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Anything that's not another generic Normal/Flying bird. Talonflame was a step in the right direction since it became Fire/Flying, let's see more unique type combinations for the birds.
Yeah. That's what I want to see.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
I'm more interested in seeing non-/Normal final stages for regional birds than I care too much for what the bird is inspired by. Specially after the ruined my Wood Pecker Pokemon by turning it into a Toucan.

I want to see either a;
Ice/Flying
Electric/Flying
Steel/Flying.

ShadowForce720

I'm more interested in seeing non-/Normal final stages for regional birds than I care too much for what the bird is inspired by. Specially after the ruined my Wood Pecker Pokemon by turning it into a Toucan.

I want to see either a;
Ice/Flying
Electric/Flying
Steel/Flying.

yeah honestly I was kind of hoping that the Toucan pokemon would be a separate pokemon from the Wood Pecker pokemon, and not a case of the Wood Pecker Pokemon turning into the Toucan Pokemon, so that was kind of disappointing especially considering it stayed Normal/Flying not that I have anything against Toucannon per say.

How would you feel about a Ice/Flying type bird based on the Arctic Tern, or what about a Electric/Flying bird based on the Finch, or a Steel/Flying bird based on the Stymphalian birds?

shoz999

I want a bird Pokemon with rocket jets and can fly into the stratosphere lol. Now THAT would be Pseudo-Legendary material.

shoz999

Spritzee is like a mix of everything. It’s my favorite bird.
Can't say the same for Aromatisse however. There hasn't been an actual evolutionary line that's fully hummingbird. So it might happen.