• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What kind of Early-Obtained Bird Pokemon do you want?

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
I like the ideas
Secretary bird: Fighting/Flying. Maybe it could learn Sketch.
Spoonbill: could see Water/Flying.
Flamingo: Water/Flying or Fairy/Flying
Peacock: a branched evolution starting from the second stage. First would be a peachick, then a split evolution between a peacock or peahen depending on the gender. Could be like Meowstic but where the male is more Attack oriented and female more Special Attack oriented.
Crane: Water/Flying.
Stork: Normal/Flying
Great Tit: Normal/Flying.

Nockturne

Ok after reading this twitter thread on pigeons and seeing some of the replies, I honestly think we could stand to have a couple more pigeon Pokemon based around some of the more extravagant breeds. That bronzewing is basically a pre-designed Pokemon.

https://twitter.com/RosemaryMosco/status/1082720145410281472

PokeMon2.0

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
So basically what you people are saying... is... WE NEED ANOTHER BLUE BIRD!

PokeMon2.0

I was looking at birds and saw something called a Palawan peacock pheasant. It looks like it would be a good bird Pokémon. Maybe Psychic/Flying.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
I mentioned before that I'd love to see a Ice/Flying snow owl Pokemon.

But if we can't a Ice/Flying Snow Hawk could be pretty neato too.

shoz999

How about a cardinal that is part Fire? It’d make sense given the plumage is a bright red color. A goose of some sort would also be interesting to see.
So like a flying puffball that puffs out fire with it's puffed-up chest? That's actually nothing new but I don't think Pokemon has done that before.

DSDark

Breeder
I just don't want to see another normal/flying type. I still love that talonflame was so good in Gen 6 and that Fletchling is the regional bird.

shoz999

Honestly I don't want another fire-bird. I feel like Pokemon has enough of those and although a lot of you think normal/flying types are overused, I don't think so. I think Toucanon was a fresh take on the normal/flying type gig and honestly I think most of you are tired of normal/flying types that resemble large average birds.

Luthor

Personally, I'd like them to go with Peacocks. With the vivid display, they can do you could make for an interesting pokemon.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
I was thinking it be fun to get a regional bird that ends up as Grass/Flying. Sadly the obvious options were used last gen. Na ely the woodpecker, and an owl (imagine a masked owl with a leaf mask!!)

So that got me thinking about birds and seeds. There is a family of bird that the Chickadee, the Parts, the Cyanistes and others belong to ..... That I don't want to mention out of fear of being modded. But that family ''cache" seeds in the ground to store them till the winter.

I could see that playing well with a Grass/Flying type that puts seeds in the ground for later, but also ends up planting them if it forgets about them or something.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Peacock? Humming Bird? Kiwi? Kea? Kakapo? Bird-of-Paradise?

2 whole other paragraphs you could respond to, instead you went for that one part of the third paragraph....

PrimalPalkia

a flying/water type.
an elegant bird pokemon.
like a flamingo or something.

or a durpy looking pokemon like a dodo.
a pure flying type.

or maybe a flying/ground type as the regional bird.
looking like a nasca line bird ( don't know how to spell it )

Orphalesion

2 whole other paragraphs you could respond to, instead you went for that one part of the third paragraph....

Don't worry I read the whole message and yeah the idea of seed is neat.

But it's just not true that "all the obvious choices" were taken last generation.

Plus..."Ugh I made suggestions and that aspect is the only thing you respond to?"