1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

What kind of Trainer Customization do you want to see in ORAS if it was implemented.

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation VI Discussion' started by shoz999, Feb 15, 2019.

1. shoz999

shoz999 IT WAS ME! SETETH!

[​IMG]
    Brendan & May's manga counterparts, Ruby & Sapphire wearing new clothing exclusive to the manga. Don't know about you but May would look awesome in blue.

So whether you think it's overrated or not, lots of people love customizing their characters, sometimes even more than the actual game-play itself as weird as that sounds. When Trainer Customization first made it's appearance in the XY games, the overall reaction was positive, girls freaking loving it while guys were were more like, "Why do girls get more options!?". As funny as that sounds, that was actually a common complaint about Trainer Customization, that the male protagonists had a smaller selection of options to customize their characters, from clothing to hair-styles, then the female protagonists. However in another way, you could look at this that practically every Pokemon fan not only loved the Trainer Customization system but wanted more options. A LOT MORE options and when the ORAS games hit, a lot of people were pretty disappointed that there was no trainer customization system.

Trainer Customization did made it's triumphant return in the Sun & Moon games but many really wanted to see it for Hoenn, see what Brendan and May could look like through a number of options, from hairstyles to clothings. For some, they didn't like the rather new designs for Brendan & May and hoped that if a Trainer Customization did make a return, there would be some sort of "classic" clothing option that also includes the Emerald designs. Personally I think it would be pretty interesting if they not only implemented this feature to the protagonists as Pokemon trainers but also as Pokemon coordinators who entered Pokemon Contests. For those not familiar with the anime, a number of Pokemon coordinators, people who enter Pokemon Contests, often wear different selections of stylish clothing that can range from looking like a stereotypical prince to a rockstar to a clown or perhaps a princess.

Regardless I think many fans would've enjoyed the feature. Even those who think it's overrated can at least understand it as an extra with no real downside to it. If implemented, what kind of Trainer Customization do you want to see in ORAS? I don't know about you but May would look awesome in blue.

2. Leonhart

Leonhart The Lying King

I wish we had at least gotten the option to remove the male playable character's hat and change his hair color. That would've been a small yet satisfying customization mechanic.

shoz999 likes this.
  3. Yureishi

Yureishi Well-Known Member

I honestly did not think about that while playing this game. Just thought the customization was not there for the simple fact it was basically a remake.

shoz999 likes this.
  4. shoz999

shoz999 IT WAS ME! SETETH!

Customizable Mega Stones. That needs to be a feature in trainer customization.

5. Storm the Lycanroc

Storm the Lycanroc Unova Bound

After replaying ORAS I can say trainer customization would have been a neat feature. Some ideas I've had is:
    • Classic Outfits - Brendan and May's classic red and black outfit from Ruby/Sapphire. Additionally a green variation of their Emerald outfits.
    • Team Aqua/Magma Outfits - Similiar to how you get a Team Skull and Team Rocket outfit in the Gen 7 games. In these games you could get the outfit after beating Groudon/Kyogre or receive it from Zinnia's after the Delta Episode.
    • Contest Outfits - In the game you're given a Rockstar and Popstar outfit to coordinate with Cosplay Pikachu. Why not offer additional outfits for the player to match Cosplay Pikachu? I imagine Brendan would have outfits for Luchador/Libre and Doctor/Ph. D. May would have outfits for Dress/Belle and Doctor/Ph. D aswell.
    • Mega Accessories - In the game we're given a Mega Braclet but we see other characters with different types of accessories with a Key Stone held within it. Some ideas I had was a wristwatch, glove, pin, and brooch.