• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

what kind of video game player are you?

how do you play?

• 100%-er

Votes: 25 56.8%
  • play a little in the after-game,then restart

Votes: 13 29.5%
  • finish game,then restart

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • i've never beat the final boss of the game

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters

worldwaker

Elebug disaproves
how do you play your games? Me personally,am the hyper completionist,so when i bbot up kis icarus uprisng,and i see "completion:90.3%" instead of "completion"90.0%" i feel awesome because i am furfilling a habit of mine"finish what you start,don't let anything stop you"

The Hiker king

Non Sequitur
I beat the game but don't usually restart it. If it's one of those games with completionist content such as heart pieces from the Legend of Zelda games I usually don't bother with collecting them all.

Mister_SGG

I have completed about 30% of my games because I play more MP than anything. I get bored of most SP games lol

SugarFreeJazz

not present
I'll spend forever and a day deciding if I should buy a new game and then I'll play it until I burn out. 300 hours later I'll switch back to another game that I haven't played in awhile and repeat. Despite that, I don't think there's a single game I have ever completed 100%. Golden Sun 1 & 2 would probably be the closest I've ever been.

orochi

I enjoy the design part of the game. Which is why I liked twilight princess out of all the zelda games xD I also like the story. And the broadness of character designs. The more characters and the more complex the designs are, the better the chance of me actually buying the game *cough cough" warriors orochi 2. Super repetative but soooooo many characters. So I actually replay the games to choose different characters. Like pokemon. 700 characters to choose from. Now they added a customization feature to the protagonist!

Last edited:

THRILLHO

nothin' at all
moving this thread to other video game discussion

Zivinolette

Livin' The Dream
I play a game all the way through and complete the storyline. I don't send a lot of time doing side stories/quests unless necessary to help me complete a game. I also have the tendency to go back to completed games and start from scratch and play through the storyline once more. Rarely do I get bored with a game... I get frustrated and I may take a break to play something else to clear my head, but then eventually I come back to it

Ruas

I'm a 100% player with whatever few games I do play. I make sure that I unlock & complete every minor that possible in the game before moving on. Sometimes I do re-start to just enjoy the main plot again and maybe go through some favourite parts.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
100%er by nature.

I'll go down every path, actively avoiding whatever one I think will lead to progress. I'll collect every Heart Piece, Missile Expansion, upgrades, anything. I'll go for all the achievements and trophies I can but usually just the single player ones.

Because of this, it takes me much longer than normal to complete games. Since I started in college I've tried to break this habit.

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
I play it through 100% at times yes, but I usually play games for the story, not the hidden stuff. So if the game has hidden stuff and I don't have any other games I want to play, then yeah, I'll go get them. But if there are other games I want to play, I'll go through the storyline and just move on to the next game.

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
I play my games enjoying the graphics as well as the storyline. When I play the game I pretty much play straight forward. Most of the time I am satisfied with whatever percent I completed in. I sometimes do get into the game and try to complete as much as possible before I finish it. If a sidequest is interesting I try to do it X3

Aquarelle

Staff member
I aim for 100%. If I can't accomplish that for whatever reason, I aim for as close to 100% as possible. It bugs me if I just beat the main story of a game and leave all the side quests unfinished.

I usually only restart games if there are multiple save files or (in the case of Pokemon) I have multiple games/versions. But I never delete my main save with all my accomplishments.

Puddingg

Clefairy Lover ^_^
I normally casually play through games, then when i'm done I look up a guide or something on how to 100% and aim for that.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
I finish the main storyline first, then try to get 100% completion if is it not too tedious.

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
I play through the story casually until I beat it, and then if I really liked it I'll go for that 100%. For traditional RPGs like Fire Emblem or Final Fantasy, I'll beat the story first and then go through it again trying to collect every item, use different characters etc. etc. etc.

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
I'm obsessive but lazy. I'll almost always attempt 100% completion, but often then never finish it. I can't seem to make myself not be completion-ist in order to make it easier to go all the way through though. :( This tendency is strongest in RPGs, to the extent that some of them I've never finished. Platformers, less so.

I also like to know all about competitive play yet never really take part in it.

Shadow XD001

I usually don't restart games, but I like to beat them. I attempt 100%-ing games but usually don't make it lol.

Jerre

Gogoat!
I mostly go for the storyline. To beat the game until the credits roll. But not for 100% completion. For example: The GTA ones...

Aurath8

I'm obsessive but lazy. I'll almost always attempt 100% completion, but often then never finish it. I can't seem to make myself not be completion-ist in order to make it easier to go all the way through though. :( This tendency is strongest in RPGs, to the extent that some of them I've never finished. Platformers, less so.

I also like to know all about competitive play yet never really take part in it.

Are you me?

I try and get as close as possible to 100%, but in many games beating it entirely is a Herculean task, and in the games where that is easy, they usually tend to be bad games that I wouldn't finish anyway. To be more specific, I'll always do the more accessible sidequests. For example, in Skyward Sword, I did all of Batreaux's sidequests but I didn't do any of the Lanaryu Lightning Round, the hardest challenge in the game. It was mainly because I feared having to go through the Imprisoned fights again.