• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What languages do you speak?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychedelicJellyfish

formerly R. New
English fluently, French to a very good degree, Spanish to a reasonable degree. A bit of German, sort of enough to get by without having any real conversations. I also know little bits of a bunch of other languages, some of which might be mildly useful in some circumstances.

Mochi10

MEWsic <3
I can speak fluent English and some Spanish. Gonna be learning Latin and Japanese soon :D

Becoming

┓┏ 凵 =╱⊿┌┬┐
English is my first language. I think I'm good at speaking English . . . at middle school the whole class was taught some french, and I continued on with it for a term in high school. My older sister was also taking french at university, so she gave me lots of help. However, I didn't do "french extension" for another term and chose not to do french the next year.

After nearly a year of not doing languages I took up Japanese, for no reason other than Pokemon. I was behind the rest of the class, so I had to do some catch up work. However, I caught up, and not to brag, but I got top in Japanese for my year :)

If I had to take up another language, I guess it'd be Spanish. The reason? Demi Lovato's song Skyscraper also has a Spanish version :D

Also, growing up in New Zealand, in primary school we were taught some Maori (Maori is the language of the natives). Just basic stuff, like numbers and colors. I've forgotten most of that though.

Livinitup17

Looking for trades
English spanish some japanese some portuguese and different accents of south american countries and carribean spanish EX:argentina colombian dominican puerto rican mexican =]

Haruka

Banned
I would say I speak me some English pretty good, but apart from that: I can hold up decent conversation in both German and Japanese. I'm hoping to try learning French soon as well.

Centurai

Well, I speak English the best (which goes without saying xD).

Otherwise...I'm learning Spanish in school, and I'm reasonably fluent. Enough to carry out a conversation, but probably not a completely understandable one if I'm talking to a native Spanish speaker. I know a bit of French from my mother, who took it in college; I've learned a bit of Chinese from my friends, who keep trying to teach me it. I'm starting to learn Japanese reasonably well, though I won't be making any trips to Japan and speaking with people anytime soon. x)

Simipour

<('.'<) (>'.')>
ENGLISH!. I learnt some of a couple languages at school, but sucked really bad and refused to continue. All I can do now is count and recite colours in Italian. Forgot all of Indo.

PrismaticPrincessAnna

I'll do my Lilliest
i speak fully english..my home country which i dont wanna put up..has lotsa languages but I speak 2 diff ones...
Lil bit of french, spanish, japanese..
Used to know german, italian, portoguese, chinese, taiwanese.....now i forgot those xD

nya~

Raddaya

My Little Ponyta
From best to worst: English, Bengali, Hindi

i speak fully english..my home country which i dont wanna put up..has lotsa languages but I speak 2 diff ones...
Lil bit of french, spanish, japanese..
Used to know german, italian, portoguese, chinese, taiwanese.....now i forgot those xD

nya~
Ehh, as far as I know, you can't just forget a language if you actually speak it.

Of course, knowing bits and pieces of a language doesn't mean you can speak it, so that's something else.

Last edited:

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
I can only speak English, but I'm fluent in both Bostonian and Chicago dialects. :D

Sapphire_Pichu

I hate Ringo...
English is my native language. I used to know some German, but it's very rusty. I need to brush up on that. And I know some French. Enough French to get me by, if I had to go to France :p

English (I would hope)
French to a pretty ok standard and my university degree is in Japanese so hopefully I'm ok at that as well haha!

Flame Mistress

Ehh, as far as I know, you can't just forget a language if you actually speak it.

Of course, knowing bits and pieces of a language doesn't mean you can speak it, so that's something else.

I can vouch for this. After five years of living in England and speaking English most of the time, I'm still fluent at Korean. Once you're fluent, chances are that you'll always be fluent.

Status
Not open for further replies.