• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What languages do you speak?

DJMonty

<--- Currently REing
Hi everyone,

I just thought I'd like to get a better idea of how certain languages are represented here on Serebii, so if you could post which languages you speak and to what level, that would be great. EG

Code:
Native: English
Intermediate: German
Basic: French
Very Basic: Finnish

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Just for future reference, this would go to the polls section, but I'll answer your question.

English- Yeah...
German- Stale
Spanish- Stale
Japanese- learning katakana
Italian- Know the alphabet and some numbers.

ebevan91

English only

Though I did take a year of French and 2 years of Spanish in high school.

I don't remember any of it.

shadorai

wandering trainer
i speak English (that's kind of a given fact) and some japanese (much less writing then speaking)

Japanese and English. Better spoken for both. I take Spanish in compulsory school. Now Im taking French now first year of it. Im not very good at either Spanish or French though aha

Rave

Banned
! $P3@K l337 M@7H3R FVCK3R$

Ryan7437

Banned
Native: English
Intermediate: Mandarin Chinese
Basic: ----
Very Basic: Spanish

AnakBaé

Native: Indonesian
Intermediate: English
Basic: Arab (I can read Arab words, yet I have no idea about the meanings without the help of a dictionary.)
Very Basic: Japanese (Thanks to Anime)

SpeedDeoxys

Am I wrong here?
My main language is German, but I speak English too. (duh)
I know a bit Latin too.

AuroriumX

The Interceptor
My native language is Finnish and I also speak English quite well. I am also somewhat familiar with Swedish since most of my family speaks it and I know some basics of German.

Roy9

Sinnoh Master
Dutch (of course)
Fries (say: frees) (Frisian) the language from a region in the Netherlands
English (still learning)
And some French ad a little bit German

Last edited:

GoldenHouou

antagoonist
Shit son, I love language topics.

Lessee...

Native: Finnish
Fluent: English
Pretty Good: Japanese
Intermediate: Spanish, Swedish
Basic: German
Very Basic: Russian, Korean
"Look I know a few words and sentences!": Estonian, Brazilian Portuguese, Italian

So why're you learning Finnish, OP? It's not exactly a useful language to know.

GoldenHouou

antagoonist
Mainly because it sounds cool. I also like a lot of Finnish music, and some friends of mine speak it.

Alright, that's cool. Was just curious 'cause it's a pretty rare choice for a language to learn, heh. I don't consider it too cool-sounding either, but that's probably because it's my mother tongue and I hear it all the time.

Anyway, g'luck with it man!