• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What legendary Pokemon would you have had Ash get?

Bulu likes pepsi

The first one I've been thinking of is Urshifu.

Urshifu (Single Strike) would have replaced Lucario for me - it's a powerful dark/fighting pokemon with an evolutionary line.

None because Ash with legends would be too OP. But if I had him get one it would be Ho-Oh.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
For the purposes of this rant, I'll count Legendaries and Mythicals as the same thing.

Ho-oh (as his last-ever Pokémon), for obvious reasons. Latias as well, it's one of the first legendaries that actually made sense for Ash to have, since it wasn't portrayed as this god-like being and had a great relationship with him. Giratina, as much as it would've made no sense for a kid to have a practical God in his arsenal, was another mon he had a good relationship with. Then there's Victini, who would've been incredibly broken with its ability to ensure 'victory', but was close enough with Ash that I wanted him to catch it anyway. Still, I at least understood Ash not getting some of them. After all, they were from the movies, which were always in their own weirdly uncomfortable part of canon.

Then, they introduced Meloetta and Nebby.

Okay, so why didn't Meloetta become an Ashmon at the end of its journey? These two had such a great relationship together, better than multiple members of Ash's actual BW squad. Then they made it worse a few years later, by making Nebby come SO close, but not committing because they...just didn't feel like it I guess? Or maybe it's because they just didn't want anyone catching a Pokémon of that caliber. Well, at least they stayed consistent and nobody will ever end up catching and owning a Pokémon of the same power level because that would be ridiculous.

Anyway, aside from these Pokémon who just have some sort of bond with Ash or are significant in some other way, I really wanted him to catch Suicune someday, since it's a Legendary he actually showed some interest in catching back when he was allowed to do that. Too bad the writers don't want anyone catching this obviously special and mystical Pokémon, so Ash is locked out of ever getting one, just like everyone else in this show. And if someone does catch it, I'm sure it'll be someone who's significantly linked with Suicune in some way, rather than it just being in there to fill some imaginary checklist or be a convenient capture to move the plot along.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I'm not really crazy about Ash getting a few legendaries.

However, one I really wanted to have was Victini duo to how strong their bond was in the movie. Also, considering all the plot of Victini wanting to see more of the world (specially the sea, I reckon) but couldn't because of plot, I kept thinking "ok, why isn't it going with Ash since it clearly wants to go beyond its city and Ash's all about travelling around?"

As a child, I used to want Lugia but mostly because I think it's cool. I've outgrown from that though

Nebby not being his was weird, given how SM sometimes tried to apply stuff that are from the games. Like... The cover legendary is a story-mandated capture so why not use it?

To a lesser extent Zacian, but now all's said and done on Journeys, made that was for the best.

==============

BONUS:

I'd love if Ash got Koraidon. It even has a thematic sense given it represents the past just like Ash will soon represent the past as well after the Riko/Roy Era starts.

And yeah, that's totally because the games made me care for the danm cover legendary for once.

Red and Blue

Latias was always my first pick ever since he caught Dragonite. I'm still hopeful that ends up happening in the first episode of the epilogue series.

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
Dunsparce