• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What legendary should Ash get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Why would Ash get a Legendary? I mean, yeah, we all as kids have always questioned why it is he's never really made an effort to catch one, but these days, I don't think it would help his character in the least. It'd just make him more of a Gary Stu than he already is. So no, I don't want Ash to get a Legendary at all.

*~Silver*~

Wow that sounded real nice.What about suicune, it was really overhyped in the johto season,i feel it would match with ash.

Yeah! Suicune wouldn't be a bad one. In the fourth movie it seemed like it and Ash would have made a pretty good team, so why not? xD

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
Time for a serious response: I completely disagree with the people who have stated Mew-Two. Why you may ask? Because Mew-Two didn't ask to be created nor did it want to. Also because it is trying to figure out what its purpose is in life, he is trying to figure out his reason for existence. I highly doubt its purpose is to serve a dim witted 10 year old kid. Let's move on to Ho-oh, I believe Ash shouldn't capture it, I mean people assume Ash is the only one who has seen it but Morty saw it too right? I don't know, did he? and I'm sure other unknown people in the anime have seen it too. Ash seeing Ho-oh at the beginning of his journey was just a sign that Ash was going to accomplish great things in the near future. Next we have Latias, I feel like Latias could have been acceptable, but it goes against Ash and his beliefs to capture a legendary and the same applies for his corresponding lake guardian, Victini and Meloetta. In essence Ash will and should never capture a legendary because it goes against his own principles and beliefs and that's one of the things the anime inculcates to its target audience, that one should stand by his/her beliefs.

Last edited:

MattySadler

Generally I don't think he should, legendaries are legendary. But if he absolutely, definitely, no-way-out-of-it had to have one, it'd have to be one of the ones he has had a bit of a connection with, like Ho-Oh, Mewtwo, Latias or Azelf. Guess if I had to pick one it'd be Mewtwo, the only one I like. Ideally though it will never have to happen.

Blessed

None. A character like Ash doesn't deserve any legendaries. Plus, he's had many opportunities to catch one given all the encounterings and not a single one.

Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Pika-Speed
Hmm... I'm not sure, really. It seems unlikely Ash would ever catch a legendary but its possible eventually, I guess.

I'd say Meloetta, she seemed to really like Ash and for a legendary it seems like a fair choice. Any others are fine too but yeah, Ash encounters legendaries way too often so maybe.

RVD_fan

> implying that a one-note character who won solely because the protagonist isn't allowed to will ever appear again, let alone for a rematch
I certainly don't expect this to happen, and I don't expect Ash to ever catch a legendary, but if he was going to, this seems like a good a scenario as any.

I do think there's a good chance that there will be some sort of master tournament at some point in the future where we'll see battles like this.

victini8

There are many legendaries that Ash could have on his team. But I would have to go with Latias or Virizion

Blazicken

Sex on fire
Mewtwo suits ash best. He needn't use it for battling necessarily, but just as comrades.
It'd be free to explore the world and find a reason for living, but if ash really needed its help one day, he could call upon it.

Last edited:

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
Time for a serious response: I completely disagree with the people who have stated Mew-Two. Why you may ask? Because Mew-Two didn't ask to be created nor did it want to. Also because it is trying to figure out what its purpose is in life, he is trying to figure out his reason for existence. I highly doubt its purpose is to serve a dim witted 10 year old kid. Let's move on to Ho-oh, I believe Ash shouldn't capture it, I mean people assume Ash is the only one who has seen it but Morty saw it too right? I don't know, did he? and I'm sure other unknown people in the anime have seen it too. Ash seeing Ho-oh at the beginning of his journey was just a sign that Ash was going to accomplish great things in the near future. Next we have Latias, I feel like Latias could have been acceptable, but it goes against Ash and his beliefs to capture a legendary and the same applies for his corresponding lake guardian, Victini and Meloetta. In essence Ash will and should never capture a legendary because it goes against his own principles and beliefs and that's one of the things the anime inculcates to its target audience, that one should stand by his/her beliefs.

I can see Ash and Mewtwo teaming up, as equals. If Ash got Mewtwo, he'd have to do it this way; Mewtwo wouldn't agree to anything else.

Ash once stated that he'd like to catch Moltres, but the writers might have changes his character/their world's rules since then.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I would say Ho-Oh, Latias, or Meleotta.

Zubeon

He can't really have Mewtwo, because if he did he would have all manner of people hassling them all the time. Team Rocket, scientists, researchers. Suddenly every single person in the world with an interest in Pokemon would become Team Rocket. Sure, with Mewtwo's power he could repel them all, but what kind of life would that be?

I'd vote Heatran.

Arcanine.........

He has an Arcanine in my fic (caught as a Growlithe in the fic), I think that Pokemon would fit him well. But I don't consider it to be legendary.

Anyways, I don't think any human character in the anime should own a legendary, that's just cheap, overpowered and unrealistic. Then that legendary would probably defeat pretty much all opponents that aren't using legendaries (so 99% of its opponents) with ease, that would take all the tension out of battles.

moneylesswario

Gone But Not Forgotten
I agree 100%. No one should have a legendary, it's cheap, they would be no better than Gary-Stu Tobias.

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
He is not deserving of one, until he's shown incredible growth and maturity, then he would be worthy of Ho-Oh

Status
Not open for further replies.