• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What level were you... (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArchangelUnmei

Shiny Cottonball!
So, I've been stuck trying to beat Temporal Tower for several months now. I'll go through it a few times, get killed, get frustrated and leave off for awhile. I'm at lvl.54, my partner is at lvl.52. We can survive the regular dungeon perfectly fine and kill most of the Pokemon there in one hit.

But DarkDialga kills me Every. Single. Time. It's starting to get really annoying. Stupid Roar of Time.

So I was wondering, what levels were you guys when you finally managed to defeat Dialga? What strategies and tricks did you use?

Last edited:

Mothy

I knew Dig and Primal Dialga is weak to ground type moves so I kept using Dig. Dig is great because you can evade the goddamn Roar of Time (dunno about the partner though; Reviver Seeds help).

sweet_piplup123

I lost the game?!?!
Level 43 when I beat him, I think. I was a lil Torchic back then.

MKFC

Shade of Blue
When I first battled him, I was lv. 44 and my partner lv. 43.

I grew to lv. 57 and my partner lv. 55 before I managed to kill that guy. God it was so hard until I randomly found a Dig TM on the floor just before Primal Dialga. Then I killed them on the next try.

iAmDewgong

Not too shabby
...I thought Palkia was much harder. Hah. Use any status inflicting moves (Paralysis or sleep would work best)/Sleep seeds you have, and then just UNLEASH TEH POWER

Gabi_Empy

I was on... Lv.37? 40? I don't know. But I throw to the DarkDialga Stun Seed, then, I go near to she and I throw to she Sleep Seeds and I beat she with Digs,Bubbles and Chelly's (My partner Turtwig) Razor leafs and Mega Drains. Revive seeds are helpful too.

Well, I think I was around lv 40
Mudkip used endavour so whenever it learned that.
Basicaly, Kiop used Endavour, I (Chikorita) Used sleep powder, Solar beam, He used Mud slap.
MUST HAVES FOR BEATING PD
1/4 of you bag with Sleep seeds
1/4 of your bag with things that revive your PP
1/2 Bag of Reviver seeds
Yeah Thats what I sort of did

PsychicPsycho

I don't recall what level I was exactly, but I did have some trouble with him. I was Turtwig with my partner as Torchic. I had Torchic use his fire type moves, but I didn't have anything very useful with Turtwig (Tackle, Bite, Mega Drain & Razor leaf, I think). I think I eventually started trying to compile some sleep or totter seeds from the levels before him, and I think that finally pushed me over him. Using Violent seeds can help as well (I think they're only in darkness though) but use them at the right time, because the effect is gone if he kills you. In general, keep an eye out for items that will help. For me at least, I don't usually carry things like totter seeds, and I might leave them behind if I don't keep the final battle in mind.

Also, his Ancientpower attack (broken) can double his speed, so if you can find a way to avoid it that'd be good. Although the only way I've noticed is to attack from distance, but that could leave you open to roar of time (and you have to be able to attack from distance, which not everyone can).

If all else fails, you might try using an escape orb to go and train further somewhere else, then comeback later. Also, assuming you saved your progress at a kangaskhan rock, you can walk back the way you come for a possible option to return to Treasure town. I haven't tried these last two things, so I'm not sure they'll work. Just throwing out some ideas.

Hazel_Nut

Hm...I honestly don't remember...maybe somewhere in the 50's...but yes, Roar of Time kills. Killed us everytime. But Splashes and I never give up. We just kept going back and getting killed. Didn't take to long --I just kept leveling and then our HP finally withstood Roar of Time...Dialga was paused,we were hanging on to our very last one hit kill HP, but we did it. We killed him before he moved again. So yea, no tricks...just plain level up to the point that I had tons of HP. Maybe Reviver seeds will help, too, but I'm not much of an item user, so I don't really know.

Anyway, the get frustrated then leave come back repeat happened to me, too. But Darkrai was the annoying one. WE WEREN'T THE PROBLEMS, CESSELIA WAS!!!! SHE KEPT GETTING KILLED BY DARN MISMAGIUS, OTHERWSE BAD DREAMS. WE GREW TO THE 80'S BEFORE THAT EVIL DUDE FINALLY DIED. I WAS SO HAPPY I VOICE-ACTED THE ENTIRE EVENT. Boy, was it fun to voice act Palkia...

Well, now we're LV 86 and 87, at least 30 levels higher than any other team member of ours. Hm...blame Darkrai.

Kitty Aruseus

The werewolf cometh.
I was level 34 and my partner 32. I knew dig and I used Violent Seeds and Vile Seeds. (Wondermail for the Vile seeds) A lot of Reviver Seeds for my partner though.

kirby8933083

mai husbando
Dang, I was at level 65+ when I first even beat Dialga. >.< Which is sad because I was about at level 46 or so when first arrived in the tower. Keep in mind your pokemon types. I was a Chimchar with a Turtwig partner, so that's why it took so long to beat him. I used some odd trick by petrifying Primal Dialga then walking as far back as I could. Then I just fired Flame Thrower like there was no tomorrow. Dialga only used Roar of Time when he was in the frame. But hey, that was just lucky for me. :p

50+ somewhere...

Just like (basically) everyone, Roar of Time =/= happiness, Critical Hits = Mans best friend.

Shadow Tepi 8

Prince of Blue
In my first save file, Me (Torchic) and my partner Rob (Mudkip) were both Lv. 42 when we defeated Primal Dialga.

In my second save file, we defeated him at Lv. 32.

Mankanshoku Mako

...I thought Palkia was much harder. Hah. Use any status inflicting moves (Paralysis or sleep would work best)/Sleep seeds you have, and then just UNLEASH TEH POWER

Palkia is much harder because he isn't dorment for a turn after using spacial rend. My piplup and pikachu in time destroyed him after a little difeculty(mainly cause piplup knew dig ). My turtwig and mudkip in darkness are not having so much luck. Both level 49.

Turtwig( giga drain, crunch, tackle, razor leaf )

Mudkip ( Wirlpool, hydro pump, tackle, mud slap )

Last edited:

Ice Geo

Personally, i trained in the hidden land (grovyle really helps with training) and got Me (cyndaquil) to lvl 50 and my partner (pikachu) to lvl 49. I then used flamethrower and flame wheel on dialga while pikachu used quick attack and thunderbolt.

Status
Not open for further replies.