• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What level were your Pokemon at against Red?

Did you beat Red?

• Yes! Really neat finish!

Votes: 221 83.4%
  • Nope...I lost...

Votes: 9 3.4%
  • I've not reached him yet.

Votes: 35 13.2%

• Total voters

TheEpicGoomba

First time my team consisted of Pokemon at level 75 and I thrashed Red.So on my 2nd file I decided I wanted more challenge so I trained my Pokes up to lv 69.

Terra Force

<-- Current Hunt
They were all around 70.

I went to battle him with no confidence whatsoever, my team is strong but all his pokes are past Lvl 80. Plus i had to sacrifice one of my members entirely to make room for my Lvl twenty-something HM slave with Rock Climb. So I beat Red with 5 Pokes Lvl. 77 or lower.

Typhlosion Lvl. 77
Feraligatr Lvl. 74
Meganium Lvl. 68
Lugia Lvl. 68
Dragonite Lvl. 66
(Then my Lvl. twenty-something Golem)

I was surprised i won, i thought i'd at least give him a good battle but I was sure i'd lose (My weakest Poke having a dis-advantage of about 60 levels)

FieryLucario

Just a Person
my Typhlosin was level 80 and the rest were level 50-60

RedMoogleXIII

Team Rocket Trainer
My Team for Red was
Arcanine LV62
Suicune LV60
Zapdos LV60
Raikou LV60
Latios LV60
Kangaskhan was my HM Slave to get though Mt Silver.

I just used Arcanine to kill his Pikachu and Suicune killed off the rest after 6 Calm Minds against his Blastotise

Meowth City

Staff member
All my pokemon were at Level 70. I taught my Arcanine Rock Climb to get through Mt. Silver, so I could have my whole team for that battle with Red. I won on the first try.

PokemonOwn

I used LVL 70 Pokemon, consisting of; Gyarados, Feralagatr, Magmotar, Ampharos, Vectrebell and Golem. I thrashed him. Brutally, to tell the truth.

BenjaminBattington

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Can't remember on my SS run, but my more recent HG team were all level 55. Feraligatr, Nidoking, Umbreon, Girafarig, Heracross and Ho-Oh.

NomadSPG

4th Gen. Dragon '88
i'd all around lv75.

sizida

CoconutIsTheAnswer
well i don't have this game but for crystal version i can use my
lv66 shiny haunter, lv70 meganium, lv64 miltank, lv72 heracross, lv61 shiny gyra and lv65 espeon to defeat him.

Harmonie

♫ Ad vivere
Just beat him today with:

Feraligatr Level 90
Alakazam Level 89
Raichu Level 77
Arcanine Level 75
Pidgeot Level 70
Tyranitar Level 57

I didn't really use Tyranitar or Pidgeot at all.

Pokémon Trainer Xande

Yu-Gi-Oh Duelist
Well, I defeated him yesterday. I had a team as follows:
Lucario Lv 96 F
Feraligatr Lv70 M
Graveler Lv 17 M
Zubat Lv23 F

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I don't remember their exact levels, but they were around level 60. I had to transfer over a Blaziken from Sapphire version just to defeat Red, since my Pokemon weren't very powerful. I've heard that he can be defeated simply by using type advantages and healing items, but that has never worked for me. I just used Blaziken to finish things off. I've only fought him 5 times so far.