1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

What level were your pokemon at when you defeated Red?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation I & II Discussion' started by Wabblebabble123, Jul 13, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Wabblebabble123

Wabblebabble123 Ultimate Fortnite Noob

Mine were all level 51 when I defeated him.

Typhlosion
    Quagsire
    Electabuzz
    Machamp
    Espeon
    Dragonair

Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
  2. Cat's Eye Draco

Cat's Eye Draco Well-Known Member

Early to mid 60s, usually. For some reason I can never really find the motivation to train them any higher beforehand in Johto's games, which is kinda weird since Johto is one of my favorite regions. I guess by the time I've battled my way through both it and Kanto to get to Red I'm just kind of ready to be done with it and move on to something else.

3. Kage-Pikachu

Kage-Pikachu Well-Known Member

I had a team of Dragonair (level 44), Tyranitar (Level 56), Jumpluff (Level 44), Typhlosion (Level 50), Suicune (Level 46), and Espeon (Level 51).

It took a lot of revives and healing items (especially since I was trying to level up my Dragonair) but I was able to in thanks to Jumpluff's Leech Seed and Tyranitar was the MVP. Suicune's bulk help against Blastoise's moves and built up Leech Seed damage and Espeon was able to strike hard. Typhlosion smoked Venusaur but was useless against the others and Dragonair was good for paralysis. The hardest part was landing Leech Seed on Blastoise since he kept landing each Blizzard attack but once he was out Leech Seeded and used Poison Powder to end him.

4. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

Around Level 80 from what I recall. I knew what to expect from his team, so I didn't challenge him in Gold and Silver until my team was well-developed. I didn't want to take any chances.

5. LusoTrainer

LusoTrainer Retro Trainer

I can barely remember (it was almost 20 years ago), but no higher than 65. Feraligatr being the one with the highest level.

6. Aquarelle

Aquarelle Moderator Staff Member Moderator

On my most recently completed playthrough (Gold on VC), my entire team was level 65 when I defeated Red.

My level has varied between different GSC playthroughs, though. For instance, I defeated him at level 50-something on one Crystal playthrough many years ago.

7. MockingJ

MockingJ Active Member

Like Lv 70-ish I think. I didn't even know who he was when I fought him on Mt. Silver, so the battle caught me off guard.

8. KyogreThunder

KyogreThunder Call of Fate

I think they were around level 65, but defeating Red wasn't even hard thanks to his team's awful movesets.