• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What Level Were Your Pokemon When You Faced Elite Four First Time?

Cremia

It's a small world..
I believe they were somewhere in their late 40s early 50s?

I'm not sure. I started playing HG again yesterday since like summer 2010 :)

Meowth City

Staff member
My whole team were all at Level 50 min.

nathandg0924

Back in the meantime
My team was in their late 30's to 40's and the higher levelled ones are at least level 50. Not easy to train in SoulSilver I tell you.

Lanik

My team was at their early 40's. The Elite Four was pretty easy, the only hard part was Karen's Houndoom. But Lance was the one who REALLY gave me a run for my money.

Whimsicotton

Mostly in the level 50s, but my strongest were at least level 60.

RedAce♠

Ace Trainer
Around 4-5 pokes at 40+ or 50+ and maybe 1-2 at 50+ or 60+ (Depends on what game it is) Older Gens more like the first options ^^; But 4th Gen on ward, the latter half.

Salam3nc3

The Ghost Inside
Crobat lvl 48
Electabuzz lvl 42
Lapras lvl 51
T-tar lvl 55
Typhlosion lvl 44

Spent a lot of time training in victory road though.. + I got trades in the beginning of the game... so it doesn't really count. I just wanted to be prepared on my first run through.

~EternalDarkness~

Ghost Type User
I usually aim to have the team all at around level 45 or above. Recently creamed the Elite 4 + Lance with a Typhlosion, Pidgeot, Nidoking, Pinsir, Magnezone and Starmie with everyone at lvl 45.

Mine were Typhlosion lv.58, Lugia lv.46, Pidgeot lv.36, Skarmory lv.27, Tauros lv.20, and Goldeen lv.20. I also beat them on my 1st try XD!

DethMerc

all my pokemon were around level 35, with the exception of my typhlosion who was a lvl 42 lol i put the lugia in my pc for some reason, though it would have been easier for me if i had used it xD

diamondpearl876

All of mine were at level 50 or slightly higher. I'm surprised to see that so many people went into the Elite Four with lower levels... Not that the Elite Four is unbeatable then, but I thought the immense amount of trainers in the game would just make it impossible to have lower.

SuperEpicRock

I just beat the E4 about a week ago on my second playthrough of SS, and my pokes were early 40's, 43ish to be exact. It was really tough, I had to rely on a lot of set-up moves to get by. I really should have trained more, but I get so bored level grinding on wild pokes.

Aura Of Twilight

Forever Clueless
Mine were around lv. 50 on SoulSilver. For the pokemon in my team that were slightly lower level but could hold their own for the most part during battles, I made sure to have a lot of full restores. XD

Ombra

My Pokemon are usually lv. 40 or so, but in my first E4 battle on SS, they ranged from about lv. 55-60.

The Unknown Twinkie

Lilligant is so cute
Oh man, two of my pokemon were on level 37 and 39 and three of my pokemon were on level 45 and my last pokemon was on level 47. Yea I had a hard time beating the pokemon leauge.

xXLuminousNightXx

The Shining Shinx
Jeez, I think my highest leveled Pokemon then was... around 43 to 46? I don't even remember. I had one or two that were level 37 and 38 around the time...

Actually, thinking back now, I think I took my Luxray from the daycare (was breeding for a shiny at the time), who was level 74, and I just spammed him through the whole Elite 4 the first time ^^; So I technically kinda cheated... lol

ebevan91

Don't remember on my first playthrough. But I'm on my second playthrough now, and I'm about to challenge the E4 with Pokemon who are between 45 and 48.

Vandslaux

Going to go look at my Hall of Fame..

Ampharos Female
lv. 41
ThunderPunch | Charge
Discharge | Thunder Wave

Victreebel Male
lv. 38
Vine Whip | Sludge Bomb
Gastro Acid | Sleep Powder

Sudowoodo Male
lv. 41
Sucker Punch | Low Kick
Rock Slide | Strength

Feraligatr Male
lv. 41
Strength | Rock Smash
Surf | Waterfall

Lugia
lv. 45
Extrasensory | Fly
Hydro Pump | Aeroblast
Lance's lv 50 Dragonite was the first pokemon to OHKO Sudowoodo, ever. Ampharos's Thunder Wave was immensely helpful, letting me paraflinch for the most part through the E4. I don't remember much, but I remember Chuck's Machamp hitting my team like a truck, easily blowing past even Victreebel with DynamicPunch, though I removed No Guard with Gastro Acid. Yes, I waited that long to evolve my Weepinbell, I waited until 8th gym to evolve it, mainly due to me not knowing how to get a Leaf Stone. Karen's Umbreon was insanely annoying with Double Team. Will was blown past by Lugia, Koga met the same fate. I had to really play around Lance's Speed with Thunder Wave, and I abused the fact that his whole team was weak to Rock by praying by using Sudowoodo with paraflinching, I beat Gyara with Ampharos, and Charge-stalled Charizard.