• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What Lies Beyond Truth and Ideals! (783)

Wow, Reshiram is all kinds of terrifying while under the influence of that machine.
Quite the destruction it can unleash with that attack it has.

Pikachu52

N, stop glorifying Ash and Pikachu's bond, please.

The whole point of the episode was Ash and Pikachu's bond. It was a total Pikashipping episode and in that respect it was really good. Pikachu runs out to protect Ash even though he risks being hit with Colress's device. And when he was hit with it he was able to throw the EM waves off because of Ash's encouragement. And when it was all over Ash and Pikachu shared a loving hug. Very nice. It was also nice that Pikachu ended up being the hero of the episode. He deserved to be given that he is Ash's main partner and especially given he did suffer some very unfair defeats in the earlier series.

Overall however this episode and the Team Plasma Arc were disappointing. The shades of gray Team Plasma from BW and the debate over Pokémon liberation were one of the best things to ever be included in the games and could have been very well utilised in the BW series. However it seems that the writers opted for BW2 Ghetsis. No pretence of virtue, just trying to control a legendary Pokémon to conquer Unova. That would have been okay if they had tried to make Team Plasma seem like more of threat. In BW2 Ghetsis commanded a small army and the Plasma Frigate armed with an ice cannon. Here he hires some mad scientist to build a mind control machine on a wheel barrow and that's what he's going to use to take over Unova. What. To make matters worse Reshiram isn't even under the control of the machine for more than 5 minutes. It makes Ghetsis look like the most pathetic super villain ever. Even Team Rocket in their silly days came up with better than that.

There were some positive points other than the Pikashipping moments. I liked the way Team Rocket joined the fight and helped Ash take on Team Plasma. Since we didn't get to see the TRio much in BW their revival in the N arc was entertaining and I like the more serious attitude they developed and displayed here. Meowth certainly has improved given he couldn't even learn pay day in the original series, but here we see him taking out several Liepard with fury swipes.

Overall it had a good idea and for the most part the episode was enjoyable. However it could have been so much better than what it was and it leaves the viewer with the impression the writers were just trying to tag something related to Team Plasma on at the end of the series. However I don't really blame them given that the original debut in Team Rocket vs Team Plasma ended up being retconned out of cannon so they had little to work with. Even so I'm hoping for better when Team Flare comes into it in XY and I certainly hope for more Ash/Pikachu moments.

Last edited:

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
This episode was bad and so was this arc. All the great dramatic speeches and charisma used to sway the public were thrown out in favor of making this, well, black and white. In this long running franchise, you'd expect the quality to go up. Instead, this is backtracking. It's an insult to the games. Ghetsis was truly a monster, but here, he's a joke. Everything here is nothing but a joke. There is no feeling of grandeur to Team Plasma. Even in Black and White 2, they were still pretty grand with their airship. They're nothing more than common crooks who are so unmemorable that they could literally be replaced by TRio and nothing would change.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Finally, the conclusion of the Team Plasma arc. It's too bad that due to real-life circumstances that they had to delay the arc for so long and leave a few plotlines from the first Unova season dangling, but it's understandable considering the circumstances. Team Plasma are a very interesting group in the games, far more interesting than Team Galactic and Team Flare, and I wish they had gotten more air time. And speaking of Team Galactic I'm glad that Looker recruited Team Rocket based on his previous experience working with hiim during the conclusion of their arc. :) Even though obviously Team Rocket helping the good guys wouldn't last long beyond the episode, it's always great to see them work together anyway. Plus we get the reaffirmation of why they're after Pikachu.

I don't know if N can really be successful at getting Concordia and Anthia to travel with him, but at least he get them out from under the cult-like influence they were under. Reshiram and Pikachu were great too.

9/10

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I was happy to see Anthea and Concordia again, plus Meowth striking the Liepards was cool hee hee. I was surprised when Reshiram was manipulated by Colress however, but Pikachu destroying the machine was great.

Leonhart

Imagineer
So the Plasma-dan's master plan finally unfolded when the Light Stone transformed into Reshiram just as G-Cis had wanted. The fact that Achroma's mind control device even affected Reshiram was strange, and I thought that we deserved to see Reshiram versus Zekrom as the grand finale. Too bad we didn't.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Wow, TR and Looker were actually awesome here, and Meowth was a complete hero. One of my favorite parts was when Looker asked for TR's help. This episode was perfect the way it was. The writers did a really good job on the past few episodes and this one was no different.

Alloutℯ

Banned
The whole episode was unintentionally hilarious, what with Ghetsis being put on ice at the end, N's weird faces, and Colress's everything. All the ridiculously overblown facial expressions made this episode.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Looking back, I have to give props to the Rocket-dan here, especially Nyasu since he was impressive against the Plasma-dan's Pokemon. I was also pleased with Handsome, although he did less than he should've done.

Daizy

I call you honey
So did Zekrom sleep in or something? Doesn't make sense for it to be no more than a Pikachu weakening plot device. At least Ghetsis and Colress don't get to simply walk away afterwards.

Looker: We'll see each other again, Ash.
They never did.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
I believe N, in all his incarnations, is a misunderstood character. I now follow his beliefs when it comes to battling.

KittyDitty

TRio and Looker were just awesome and Meowth was a complete boss. One of my favorite parts was when Looker asks for TRio help