1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

What lore from the SM games yet to be potentially covered by the anime do you want to see adapted?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by shoz999, Nov 28, 2018.

1. shoz999

shoz999 Name's Looker, Detective Looker.

So with the Sun and Moon anime's storytelling being based around a sort of "hub" island that Ash mostly hangs around, this has obviously given more freedom to the anime crew to tell the story they want without binding too strictly on how the game's story is done. However through this form of experimented storytelling, the anime has missed out on a lot of routes, minor and major locations lacking coverage or no coverage at all, major characters and interesting pieces of lore.

[​IMG]
    For those who know the region well, there is so much more here than meets the eye...

For example, Guzma. Guzma is an extremely popular example but there is certainly so much more in the Alolan region than just Guzma, some of which I could see the Anime crew use for the SM anime. A great example is Malie City. A lot of people accuse the Sun and Moon games as "Kanto-catering" but I like to think it has something major from every region, such as Malie City itself being "Johto-catering" for Johto fans. It's a city modelled after the Johto culture, rarely explored by the SM anime, and it has it's own replica of Johto's Brass Tower, it has it's calm and peaceful Japanese gardens that we've never actually seen in the Johto region, it has a recycling station that would be perfect for introducing for the Alolan Muk Evolution line properly and of course the perfect reason for the SM anime to venture further into this city is of course the fake Kantonian Gym. The anime crew currently is doing a lot "Kanto-catering", as fans call it, through Brock and Misty and having Ash explore the fake Kantonian Gym in a Johto-themed City would be a fun way to serve as callbacks to both the Kanto and Johto region. However it's not just major stuff, it's also minor stuff too that fans want to see incorporated in the many adaptations of Sun and Moon that has really yet to be done. I think some of us remember the time when we visited an old lady meeting her husband's grave at the cementary or at Kala'e Bay, you noticed the water glowing or sparkling more than usual at night thanks to a swarm of Fineon or that you find a message bottle that leads to a little side quest. There's a guitar-playing Dragon-themed trainer named Ryuki trying to spread his fame. Another is the castle on the third island you visit that depending on which version is called the Lake of the Moon or the Lake of the Sun. It's a mysterious location that is not even covered much in the games. A major quest you may have known is meeting the veteran trainer, who is now a father trying to pay rent, who once had dreams of being the strongest Pokemon trainer and is now working at a grocery store. He asks you to meet and battle the previous trainers in his lifetime and what you find is quite sad. Some have moved on trying to raise families, others don't want to move on and remain in-touch with their youthful years, one individual's memory of being a young trainer has been gone for a long time due to old age and the trainer who owned Sylveon years ago has passed away, handing the Sylveon to her grand-daughter.

So I think you guys pretty much get the idea. Currently it seems the SM anime is nearing it's finale soon and yet there is so much lore, story and characters that is packed into these 3DS games than meets the eye. So regardless if you believe that a lot of what's mentioned here or stuff you personally want to see will never happen in the SM anime, what are some story, locations and lore from the SM games yet to be covered by the anime and what do you want to see adapted into the anime, do you think it has the potential of being covered as a major or minor part of the story?

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
  2. LilligantLewis

LilligantLewis primarina donna

Guzma, Plumeria, etc.. I think they have a good chance of at least appearing considering Guzma is the main boss of the main villain team of this gen.. how well it'll be handled -- prob not well

3. Zhydra

Zhydra Master of Chaos!

Since we are getting Ultra Ruin in a month and it is going to be played straight. There is only one thing I need to be truly satisfied... besides Poni Island and Hapu.

The Poke Pelago and Mohn, we need that guy to show up and I want that theory of mine to be proven correct or incorrect.

As for LilligantLewis.

It's pretty late in the series for Guzma to show up and any time he would show up is kind of spent besides adapting Rainbow Rocket. He is either out of the series as a whole or we are getting an small Arc to him.

LilligantLewis likes this.