• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What made those Brown Eyes turn Blue?

grounder

*sneezes*
Of course, that's how this thread began, and that's probably how scientists tracked down the eye color of people 10,000 years ago. I highly doubt they could find anything in dead bodies, as they are (usually) skeletons by this point, maybe even dust. Is this just a series of hypotheses?
Probably. There's always DNA testing, but then again... Since there isn't much background data that I can see, I'd much rather ignore it as well.

Archimedes

Not Dead Yet
I think this article is really interesting. Looking at myself and others with blue eyes will be cool since we all have the common ancestor (even though it was a long time ago...) yea.

Interesting, I never heard that before. It's amazing the things we can trace ourselves back to these days.

What would our eye color be if all our melanin was blocked? Pink. But somehow, the color scale wants me to have blue eyes because I don't have all my melanin 'turned off'. Why is pink closer to brown on the color scale, then? I'm guessing eye color isn't wanting to accept the color scale...

Your irises would appear pink because of the blood vessels showing through due to a lack of pigment. Technically, it wouldn't be an eye color.

Flamethrowing dildo > sp00n.

Oh, so now I have become obsolete? I'm not good enough? I can't believe you.
;~;

Last edited:

daveshan

My little friend
Something involving panda bears and a legend of a crystal skull.
I believe I can handle this.

Once apon a time, thousands of miles away, a lone panda bear named Karka was roaming through a forest in China that was close to the Yellow River. It was a happy time for Karka. Food was plentiful, the forest provided him with entertainment and a warm place to sleep, and the female pandas were all getting ready to choose their mates. One female he was interested in was named Sassa.

Suddenly, ninjas attacked. Five of them, each carrying a deadly weapon, stormed at Karka. The first brandished a deadly sword and swung. But Karka was too quick. Having been trained thuroughly in the ways of Ti Kwan Leep, Karka was able to deflect the blade with his massive claws and deliver a powerful boot to the head.

The next two ninjas carried nunchacks and sais. They charged Karka together while the other two crouched down and readied a strange object. The two charging were far better than the first and manged to land several painful, but not lethal blows to Karka. Karka swung his paw and hit one of the ninjas back several feet. The other ninja raised his nunchacks and cought Karka between the eyes. A terrible mistake on the part of the ninja.

The ninja was unaware, but Karka had a mystic creature inside of him. One that could only be released when he was smacked between the eyes by a ninja with a nunchack. The seal broke and an eight-legged cow emerged and moo'd a bone chilling moo. It then spreyed an acid sprey out of its utters and screamed it glorious furry as the ninja was destroyed. After the bones melted, an evil purple beam was shot out of the bushes. It was the weapon of the other two ninjas.

The weapon was no ordinary weapon though, it was a skull made of crystal. Karka shuddered at the sight of this as he saw the eight-legged cow lost its strength. Karka knew there wasn't much time. The skull would soon capture all of the cows energy and then the ninjas would use it to destroy the panda village. He charged in, but another panda already attacked the ninjas and disrupted the skulls attack. It was Fuunu, Karka's best friend. Fuunu looked at Karka and they nodded their heads. They both knew that it was time for them to merge together.

After striking several poses, they merged into Karnu, the Blue Panda.

The ninjas, proud and strong, drew their weapons of daggers and a dead orangutang. The battle ensuing was epic and deadly. Half of the forest was leveled in a matter of moments and fires raged. Soon, though, Karnu was victorious and Karka and Fuunu unmerged. Karka smiled and looked at Fuunu who smiled back, before punching Karka in the face.

Cought by surprise, Karka had no time to react and was even more shocked when he saw Fuunu using the crystal skull to drain the last of the eight-legged cow's strength. Fuunu laughed and announced that he would use the cow's power to become ruler of the pandas. As he said the ancient words which would give him the power, something strange happened. The crystal skull laughed and sucked Fuunu into its mouth, from where he would never return.

Karka, slowly looked at the skull as it spoke these words. "Karka! You are to place me in a box and write, 'send to Miami' on the top of it. Then, place me in a mailbox that the humans use. Do these things and you shall be free."

Karka did as he was told and never saw the skull again. He didn't end up with Sassa, though, he found out that she had AIDS so he hooked up with her more attractive sister, Yeewee, had 5 children, and died many years later as a happy panda.

As for the crystal skull, some say it made it to Miami, others say it took over the post office that was supposed to mail it and now rules that post office as a dictator, as for me, well... let's just say that it could be right behind you!

And that is the legend of the crystal skull.

Last edited:

Conquistador

Vive la Revolution!
^Why, exactly, were there ninjas in China?

The_Panda is generally good with stuff like this. Perhaps he can explain.

I generally try to avoid stroking his "I'm-a-doctor-I'm-so-good" ego. xD.

However I too am curious as to how they tracked this accurately. My guess is that it did actually involve a fair bit of "guess"work...

The_Panda

恭喜發財
Of course, that's how this thread began, and that's probably how scientists tracked down the eye color of people 10,000 years ago. I highly doubt they could find anything in dead bodies, as they are (usually) skeletons by this point, maybe even dust. Is this just a series of hypotheses?

They can use DNA. Once they have found the gene that causes eye colouration, they can from there work back though the DNA lines (through a comparison of equally dated DNA) to trace the origin of a particular strain of DNA.

Yes, I can explain, and you don't need to kidnap me.

Swampy

Crack the Skye
I believe I can handle this.

Once apon a time, thousands of miles away, a lone panda bear named Karka was roaming through a forest in China that was close to the Yellow River. It was a happy time for Karka. Food was plentiful, the forest provided him with entertainment and a warm place to sleep, and the female pandas were all getting ready to choose their mates. One female he was interested in was named Sassa.

Suddenly, ninjas attacked. Five of them, each carrying a deadly weapon, stormed at Karka. The first brandished a deadly sword and swung. But Karka was too quick. Having been trained thuroughly in the ways of Ti Kwan Leep, Karka was able to deflect the blade with his massive claws and deliver a powerful boot to the head.

The next two ninjas carried nunchacks and sais. They charged Karka together while the other two crouched down and readied a strange object. The two charging were far better than the first and manged to land several painful, but not lethal blows to Karka. Karka swung his paw and hit one of the ninjas back several feet. The other ninja raised his nunchacks and cought Karka between the eyes. A terrible mistake on the part of the ninja.

The ninja was unaware, but Karka had a mystic creature inside of him. One that could only be released when he was smacked between the eyes by a ninja with a nunchack. The seal broke and an eight-legged cow emerged and moo'd a bone chilling moo. It then spreyed an acid sprey out of its utters and screamed it glorious furry as the ninja was destroyed. After the bones melted, an evil purple beam was shot out of the bushes. It was the weapon of the other two ninjas.

The weapon was no ordinary weapon though, it was a skull made of crystal. Karka shuddered at the sight of this as he saw the eight-legged cow lost its strength. Karka knew there wasn't much time. The skull would soon capture all of the cows energy and then the ninjas would use it to destroy the panda village. He charged in, but another panda already attacked the ninjas and disrupted the skulls attack. It was Fuunu, Karka's best friend. Fuunu looked at Karka and they nodded their heads. They both knew that it was time for them to merge together.

After striking several poses, they merged into Karnu, the Blue Panda.

The ninjas, proud and strong, drew their weapons of daggers and a dead orangutang. The battle ensuing was epic and deadly. Half of the forest was leveled in a matter of moments and fires raged. Soon, though, Karnu was victorious and Karka and Fuunu unmerged. Karka smiled and looked at Fuunu who smiled back, before punching Karka in the face.

Fuunu fled to the village to tell his mother what had happened. His mom got scared and said "you're moving in with your auntie and uncle in bel air." In fright, Fuunu quickly went back to Karnu, hoping to finish him off before claiming his right as the prince of bel-air.
Cought by surprise, Karka had no time to react and was even more shocked when he saw Fuunu using the crystal skull to drain the last of the eight-legged cow's strength. Fuunu laughed and announced that he would use the cow's power to become ruler of the pandas. As he said the ancient words which would give him the power, something strange happened. The crystal skull laughed and sucked Fuunu into its mouth, from where he would never return.

Karka, slowly looked at the skull as it spoke these words. "Karka! You are to place me in a box and write, 'send to Miami' on the top of it. Then, place me in a mailbox that the humans use. Do these things and you shall be free."

Karka did as he was told and never saw the skull again. He didn't end up with Sassa, though, he found out that she had AIDS so he hooked up with her more attractive sister, Yeewee, had 5 children, and died many years later as a happy panda.

As for the crystal skull, some say it made it to Miami, others say it took over the post office that was supposed to mail it and now rules that post office as a dictator, as for me, well... let's just say that it could be right behind you!

And that is the legend of the crystal skull.
You left out part of the story. I helped it, though- the part you left out is in bold.
^Why, exactly, were there ninjas in China?
Most ninjutsu clans were influenced by Chinese monks, actually.

They can use DNA. Once they have found the gene that causes eye colouration, they can from there work back though the DNA lines (through a comparison of equally dated DNA) to trace the origin of a particular strain of DNA.

Tbh, I don't see how hard it was for people to see that. :/ It's obvious, even with common knowledge, that DNA makes up the blueprints of the body. One would think Conquistador, of all people, could have figured at least that part out.

latiaswindblast

I have green-blue eyes.How's that?

Conquistador

Vive la Revolution!
You left out part of the story. I helped it, though- the part you left out is in bold.

Perhaps influenced, but on the whole originated in Japan, not China. So, I say again, why the ninjas in China?

Tbh, I don't see how hard it was for people to see that. :/ It's obvious, even with common knowledge, that DNA makes up the blueprints of the body. One would think Conquistador, of all people, could have figured at least that part out.

Pfft, I got that, I expected Panda to give a friggen thesis on how tracing DNA worked. He disappointed me bitterly.

Conquistador

Vive la Revolution!

Perhaps influenced, but on the whole originated in Japan, not China. So, I say again, why the ninjas in China?

Pfft, I got that, I expected Panda to give a friggen thesis on how tracing DNA worked. He disappointed me bitterly.

.TraX.

Bad and Nationwide
Because it's not possible that more than one person experienced a mutation leading to blue eyes..

Yay for illogical as hell conclusions.

Ethan

Banned

Well we could glean that much from the post goofy. I'm wondering how they arrived at their conclusion. You only explained the possible method. When you say "working back through the DNA lines that seems weird because the group of people that you would have selected would be enormous. So in other words I simply asking how and a bit more in depth then what you put it.

Swampy

Crack the Skye
Not to sound like a correctionfag, but no it didn't. Saying that ninjutsu originated, in its entirety, from Japan is like saying Karate originated from there. All of it is traced back to China, and it all originated from there sometime during the early AD years. Sadly, because the art was so secretive, there are little written facts that would allow us to get a definite year in which it originated. However, it's clear that it DID start in China way before Japan had any involvement in the art. Ninjas were either displaced Samurai or low-class villagers, all they did was do what the buddist monks did, only while wearing black and making up stories to scare their enemies. This is why Buddist hand signs are so similar to Ninjutsu hand signs, they are literally the same thing.

You may ask yourself, "Oh, dear perfect being known as Swampy, how do you know this?" I study ninjutsu. ;\