• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

what made you like pokemon

Dither1

Surfs up!
what made you like pokemon, when I started collecting pokemon cards I started really liking pokemon

surfer treecko

Highly Explosive
I'm not actually sure. I think I saw a little of the anime, started playing the games then bought some cards. I only play the games now, though.

Firstly, my brother got pokemon blue and I remember not liking it, then we were sat waiting for my mum to finish with her haircut and I did Mt Moon for him. I found it so fun I "borrowed" his game and gameboy until I got my own 2 months later ^.^
...That, and the fact that everyone was running round my school like 'WOW POKEMON CARDS!' I decided to get in on the idea.

mewfan1

Back in 2004 when my cousin had me over his house. He just got Pokemon Colleseum and once I started to play it I loved it. Ever since then I have liked Pokemon more and more. :)

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
i just played emerald on an emulator a year and a half ago and since then i like the games of it^^

years ago, during summer break, when pokemon was on really early, I watched it out of sheer boredome. Some time later, after I got interested, my mom bought me my first card - a base set sandshrew.

But overall, what really got me interested is the collectability of pokemon.

Gotta Catch 'Em All! ^_^

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
my friend brought pokemon red and i remember a group of us sitting around him just to watch him play.
I knew the anime was one but i didnt really watch it until one day I just decided to watch one episode....havent look back since.
And that was 12 years ago

Conversed

The Blue Eyed Master
I don't know, I liked the pokemoncards, and I really enjoyed Blue/red/yellow games aswell, then I had a big break during advance season and I started enjoy it again suddenly, It's so addicting ^^

DawnKari

Contest Lover
It was either when I watched the first episode of the anime,or when I played my first Pokemon game.I'm not sure which one.

Dark-Oracle

I watched an episode of the Anime and later that same day i went to the shops and saw Pokemon toys so i decided to buy them then i bought the games when they came out and got addicted.

ninny13

I liked the designs of a lot of them, cause they didn't look like normal animals. Then I kept getting cards after cards after cards & i liked them even more. So I bought some games & now I only play the games.

Chemicaldude

SomethingUnoriginal
I was in 3rd grade and my brother insisted I buy his friend's teal Gameboy color.
I remember not even wanting it but, looking back I'm glad I did. He gave me the Gameboy and Pokemon Yellow for 10 bucks. I started playing yellow and I was hooked.

Tomato Jr.

one of my friends gave me a charmander card once.
next day the cartoon was on and i watched it, and that was it, i became hooked.
so much i saved up for months to get a game boy and pokemon red.

Well it was a hype and I was totally into it. The games,the cards,the show. I stayed in the games. The interest of almost everyone faded exept for mine (in my area).

Dattebayo

Banned
I started liking pokemon ever since playing Super Smash Bros. and seeing the anime.

cman2445

I saw a two random boxes of a dragon (Red) and a giant turtle (Blue) and I decided that I wanted them for Christmas. Then, I started to watch the show and I loved it.

Mew182

i started liking it when my cousin let me play on his gameboy and then...
i played it every time i went there

Renz

i started liking pokemon when the anime first came out on kidswb, i liked the idea of catching training and battling pokemons, so when the first genaryion games came out, i just gotta have one :D