• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What makes a good poster/member?

Missingno
Good:
Intelligent
Useful
Honest
Openminded
Opininated (for debate forum especially)
For RMT, experienced
Relevant
Kind
Somewhat original

Not so good:
Easily offended
Stuck up
Trolls
Spammers
being constantly banned
Trying to annoy people needlessly
MINI-MODDING
Bad grammar to the point of being unreadable

I personally think a good poster is someone who types well, has good grammar, and lets people have their opinions. Back when I was a 300 post member, it always annoyed me to see some elitist 1000+ post member shooting down someone else's opinion because they think they know everything. Oh and anyone who posts stupid things whether serious or for "teh lulz" is also a bad poster. It's also good to always back up your arguments so you won't look dumb. It's even better when they're nice, help new members, and limit swearing. I dislike swearing because it reflects badly on the person.

Last edited:

Gelatino95

Not a tool
I take back my previous opinion

There is no such thing as a good or bad poster

It is an illusion created by our immature minds

Ambre

Power of Water
I would say someone who can communicate there point well. (The opposite of what I do unfortunately.)

Faker500

Trolls aren't funny!
I don"t mind grammar in forums. It was never a big deal for me because I know people make typo mistakes all the time, it's just that when people start bold caps everything along with a bunch of smileys and weird gestures is when I say no.

Lanik

Good posters contribute to discussions with facts in their own words and tolerates people's opinions. They're supposed to be mature, respectful when answering legit questions. They don't make duplicate threads in multiple forums for the sole purpose of seeking attention. There was this one forum where I witnessed a whiny little boy who made lots of goodbye threads because he wanted everyone to read them. Oh, and I agree with Psychic; good posters learn from their mistakes. Nobody's expected to be perfect, but it's okay to try. Mistakes shouldn't worsen a person; they should gradually make a person better.

Flame Mistress

In general, they need:

- Thought
- Intelligence
- Personality
- A decent bit of length
- Some nice grammar
- Uniqueness

What we don't need:

- Rubbish English
- One-liners
- Flaming/Bashing messages
- Whining messages
- Jerks

So yeah. Of course, it all differs from section to section. For example, in the RMT sections, all you want is a good rate, and in the Games section, you can write any kind of bull.

Malanu

Est sularus oth mith
- Thought
- Intelligence
- Personality
- A decent bit of length
- Some nice grammar
- Uniqueness
- One-liners

What we don't need:

- Rubbish English
- Flaming/Bashing messages
- Whining messages
- Jerks

I moved one of your list entries Flame. But this is only because I am partial to a good one-liner!

Faker500

Trolls aren't funny!
That's because there are no good posters on these forums.

I wouldn't say that. I think most of us just wanted to give a good definition of the term. But most of us are coming along slowly but surely.

Sohryu

Be a Man!
For example, in the RMT sections, all you want is a good rate.
Its not only that. When you go
to evaluate teams, you don't only need to give the best Moveset for that
pokemon. The Charisma,
know to accept criticism
and to try to understand
certain points of view, is very
necessary. Well, to the topic. Contribute for the Thread and
the Forum, be gentile and
friendly, know to accept
criticisms and don't be rude, is
what it counts for me. About the
question of the Grammar, it is
really annoying. My English is so
imperfect, that i can't talk about this, hahaha!

Last edited: