• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What makes a good trainer?

FireTrainer92

The Point of Origin
What really makes a good trainer? I think that a good trainer has a good team and is very tolerent. They should also be very strong and knows everything there is to know about pokemon what do you think.

;157; FT92

espeon_155

Pokemon Prof.
Well for one what makes me special is being able to KO 4 pokemon in one turn there is a 75% I will always succeed!

Kay

Ka-boom
Plenty of time and patience, nobodys going to get a killer team without talking the time and effort.

Yuna

Sweet beauty
Good trainer doesn`t care about look of pokemon. Sorry but I really wanna laugh when I read \"I use [name of pokemon] because it looks cool\" or I read advices like \"You should go with [name of pokemon] because it is cute\". It isn`t really important what pokemon looks like, the most important is pokemon`s power.

PDL

disenchanted
A good trainer is the one who commands the most respect out of his pokémon, and uses it to his or her fullest potential.

It's much like training to use a weapon like a sword. Any moron can easily swing it around, but this is dangerous to the weilder and to others around. There's a proper techniquie involved if one wants to master it.

The same applies with pokémon.

IMO, one that uses their own team instead of copying other's teams >.<, I hate that so much!

CharizardMaster

Belgian Waffles!!!
Confidence, a balanced team, good movesets, good strategy.

CharizardMaster

Belgian Waffles!!!
Confidence, a balanced team, good movesets, good strategy.

aquasuicune

Someone who knows how to make a good team on their own, is able to let other people rate it, and actually accept good advice. Also, someone who knows that AOA isn't always the best strategy and knows when to switch.

A good trainer would train each of his/her pokemon equaly and train with EV's
He/she would also be a very caring a nice person to his/her pokemon.
;252;;253;;254;

K-os

Bullet Punch
Anyone who doesn't spend more than 1 hour a day training. People who do it more than that are just pathetic =/

Rakurai

Someone who isn't so concerned about winning that they don't use their favorite Pokemon.

dArK_pOkEmOn_lOvEr

Umbreon master
Simply using your favorites. Sure, some of them may not be competitive PKMN and all, but part of the fun in the games for me is to use the ones I like best.

Cartman

i once saw a conversion on smogon netbattle about a n00b asking:
"why are you guys so good at netbattle?"
and some guy answered:
"listen carefully
skarmbliss
TTar
resttalk zapdos
protectpert
celeb* tch"

Now you know their secret! ^_^
i haven't personally tried this combination yet though =/

Apparition

Occultus Ara
Good trainer doesn`t care about look of pokemon. Sorry but I really wanna laugh when I read \"I use [name of pokemon] because it looks cool\" or I read advices like \"You should go with [name of pokemon] because it is cute\". It isn`t really important what pokemon looks like, the most important is pokemon`s power.

LOL! and who likes flareon? xDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

lol, i always make my poke'mon level 100 regardless... so if they're in a fight they'll kick *** [ i love killin without a real battle, just one or two hits is enough for me ^^]

Yuna

Sweet beauty
LOL! and who likes flareon? xDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

All eeveelutions are strong, yes, even Flareon is. In the older games he was useless but now he isn`t that bad. Flareon`s attack is strong that why I will use him as a physical sweeper. Yawn makes your opponent sleepy, Return is a physical attack and is strong+ fire fang as physical fire type move and Curse raises attack and speed. As you see now, Flareon isn`t pathetic.

blendmaster0505

******** Guy
Someone that uses all his/her Pokémon's abilities and skill. Also someone whose team doesn't consist of ubers or legendaries. You can use ordinary pokémon and still have power! You don't need to depend on some legendary pokémon!

P.S. Also someone who can master the art of berry blending! ;)

signed-
Gregory ;026;