• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What makes PokeSpe worth reading to you?

matt0044

Just wondering...

Durbe

I'm tired
Mm, well, I'd say the plot for one.
It's definitely unique, I'm not sure how to word it.
I don't enjoy things that basically have something repeat and repeat again and again (The Anime with Team Rocket), and therefore PokeSpe.

Recon

The character development of all of the characters, not just the dex holders. All characters are given somewhat unique personalities through the manga, compared to only one or two lines of speech in game. This allows for greater character development and is a more unique take on the franchise as the story follows the games but more creative liberties are taken with it. If I had to choose between the current anime or having PokeSpe become the anime, I would choose the latter in a heartbeat, although there are problems in the manga, but bigger ones in the current anime (GS ball anyone?)

☭Secret_Shocker☭

Because the plot is awesome, and the characters are better made than the anime characters. Not to mention the slight violence and action compared to the anime.

Pokeshipper:)

Everything!!!

The awesome plot, the epic final battles, the great chatacter development for everyone and just....... Everything!!!!

I already read to hapf of ruby sapphire chapter and looking foward to reading the rest!!

Aquarelle

Staff member
For me, it's the fact that characters such as Gym Leaders get to do more things than in the games. I always get excited to see my favourite non-main characters.

That, and the fact that I find Mato and Yamamoto's interpretations of Sugimori's art to be the superior versions.
This too.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
Mostly the plot, although getting to see most of the side characters in action is a bonus. The art's pretty snappy, too.

Orbis

What?
-The dark tone of it, as compared to other Pokemon media. (I'm a sucker for gloomy and dark things.)

-The art. I don't care what people say, Yamamoto's art is infinitely better than MATO's.

-I'm reluctant to say the writing, because Kusaka pisses me off at points.

-I've read it since the 1st edition, not gonna stop now.

TomNamikaze

TomPen94, Banido
Mostly what made me read PokéSpe was the fact that the anime just sucked (talk all you want about it getting better, I don't care. There was a point it was so bad it's painful for me to watch it).
Now, for the points that the manga itself has:
-The plot. It has its faults, but overall it's a very enjoyable (and should I say quite addicting) read.
-It has a dark tone that no other Pokémon series has (of the ones I know)
-The battles are insanely epic. It's not just Pokémon fighting each other, it's trainers putting their lives on the line as well. The scale of the battles is enormous as well.
-The art. I like both Mato and Yamamoto, though I like the latter's art more. It's different enough from the anime and games to make its own style, but close enough to see what it is a part of.

Doodlebug

war flashbacks
Hmm, i dont really know...its just so addicting! i guess i like it cuz:
-the plot is interesting and suspenseful
-the bond between the dex holders is so cool!
-how every character is unique and have their own awesome background
-the guys are so attractive x3 and the girls are pretty (though thats a lame reason..)
-how much better it is compared to the anime -_-
-its more down to earth, it shows just how messed up and scary the world can be, like some people dying etc. and the biggest threat isnt Team Rocket trying to steal your pikachu -_-;
-how basically everybody(even non dex-holders) has some character development
-it keeps suprising you! i mean, i was so shocked (and devastated) at the end of the FRLG arc...
think of more later..
oops i just read the other posts and i basically repeated what everyone else said..oh, well sorry -_-

Last edited:

SmartD

How they handle the plot from the original games, connect older arcs to newer ones, the characters, probably more stuff.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
It's very addictive to me. I read a arc and can't wait for the next one. The characters are all entertaining and have different personalities and quirks about them that I enjoy reading. I've loved all the main characters and don't hate a single one, and the Gym Leaders also get so much needed love. Side characters that are not important in the game are also great and play a big role. Dr. Footsteps comes to mind. The plots are well done and I like how they don't just follow the games but add on their own little twist and the connections are so fun and creative at times. It's crazy how every region can get connected by the plot. I love how the Pokemon are like real life animals and how they act like the Pokedex describes them. PokeSpecial rivals the games for me as the best form of Pokemon today.

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
I'll be honest, the reason why i like pokemon special so much is because I love what the mangaka does with the characters we know. I feel exicted to guess at what he'll change and keep the same from the games, and how he'll connect plots points with one anothers. Its like the games personified and given life, i really like it. :3