• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What makes some people think that Pokemon is going downhill

Tropios

':o Me is stinky??'
Right, on topic, the crappy 5th gen pokemon. An ice cream sundae? Seriously?

its design is based of an ice cream, yes, but its actually an ice pike covered with snow. anyways i get what you mean, but i quite like it, it isnt that much wierder than some old pokemon

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
I meant, the concept of the actual Pokemon not the game.
But the stats and abilities are the game itself or do you just press the a button to finish the game without paying attention to what you're doing? Honestly the battles are one of the main concepts.

Is it too much to ask for that perspective? I mean, you might get mad at me for asking but I'm very interested why, or rather, what you believe, because I'm getting the opinion that ether your side has no griefs with the series or it does have griefs with it but doesn't wish to bring them up.
Oh I have plenty of griefs with this series. The series will never have a worthwhile story, the first generation of pokemon was both made poorly and planned poorly, and many other things I could sit here and list all day just to make people content with themselves.
However the series has many other things that can redeem it. If you choose not to care about those things then well thats only your fault alone.

No I mean like, how does Machamp having a high attack stat or Shuckle having a high defense stat, let us know anything about the Pokemon that we already didn't know?
Shuckle is an interesting creature that while it's defense is super high it doesn't have the HP needed to protect itself well from attacks like it's high defense stats may suggest.
Machamp has a bulky build that while it doesn't have the highest speed in the game can abuse it's abilities. No Guard helps it KO pokemon easily with Dynamic punch. It won't always work but in a pinch the confusion sometimes works to your advantage. You can also use a sleep talk set that lets it not only heal itself you can use him as a way to absorb status effects when you see them coming.
Funny thing is no one really paid much attention to machamp till now because of all the changes that happened to the gameplay. Again whether you care or not it's your business but of course you may not and this game may not be for you at all then.

its design is based of an ice cream, yes, but its actually an ice pike covered with snow. anyways i get what you mean, but i quite like it, it isnt that much wierder than some old pokemon

Spiritomb is my pick for the crappiest of them all.

Mew looks the most like a Real Animal

Mewtwo's Design is laid back, not too much, unlike Regigigas and friends

Victini has to look the most natural among 5th Gen.

Tropios

Come on, can't we get back on subject?

I really hate the 5th Gen Dragon/Ice Legendary and so does my neighbor. I hope to GOD it's not the next games mascot or I ain't buying

whoa, really? I think it's epic! It looks a lot cooler as reshiram and zekrom, and those already looked cool.
and you aint buying just bcuz of the mascot?

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
Since we're on this whole opinion kick we can say many people have strange opinions compared to others. The fan base will never completely agree because it's made up of so many different generations and some just can't seem to adapt well to change. Not that this stops you from enjoying the games any more or less.

Since we're on this whole opinion kick we can say many people have strange opinions compared to others. The fan base will never completely agree because it's made up of so many different generations and some just can't seem to adapt well to change. Not that this stops you from enjoying the games any more or less.

Now THAT is another thing I can agree on.

Tropios

Good point. But I still hate it, uglier then ****. My opinion, but I respect your's ;)

so do I :D

but in my eyes, mew isnt just the most real animal-like, he IS the original animal. He's like nature itself :p
as for victini being the most natural in gen 5, i dunno, many of them look very natural to me

so do I :D

but in my eyes, mew isnt just the most real animal-like, he IS the original animal. He's like nature itself :p
as for victini being the most natural in gen 5, i dunno, many of them look very natural to me

How about that? Well, what about Emboar? He's one of the few 5th gen that look REALLY cool

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
Funny enough some people dislike him just for the fact that he's another fire fighting. However he's a pretty awesome looking one with the whole buddah pig thing going on.

Funny enough some people dislike him just for the fact that he's another fire fighting. However he's a pretty awesome looking one with the whole buddah pig thing going on.

In my opinion, Blaziken sucks, Infernape is an Uber Among 1-4th Gen Pokemon, with Great Speed and Attack

yeah, he doesnt deserve all the hate. But 90% of the gen 5 pokemon look really cool to me, so...

I say 45% look cool. I wonder how strong Emboar is, I hear he's the strongest of the 5th Gen Starters by far

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
Blaziken got a major boost this gen. However if speed boost isn't a breed-able ability it may hinder his strength in battle.
He's also a major power in trick room mostly because of how high and even both his attacks stats are.

Tropios

In my opinion, Blaziken sucks, Infernape is an Uber Among 1-4th Gen Pokemon, with Great Speed and Attack

I say 45% look cool. I wonder how strong Emboar is, I hear he's the strongest of the 5th Gen Starters by far

I like daikenki (miju3) the best of all starters, but I thought he was the strongest... I doesn't matter, I'll pick him for sure, because i love every single stage of it.

and I always liked the fire/fighting starters actually, blaziken and infernape were really fun

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
The fact that the all the legendaries were awesome in the 1st gen, like looked awesome. Even mew. But you look at Shaymin, Celebi, Jirachi... they don't look legendary.

Kim62

Hello
But the stats and abilities are the game itself or do you just press the a button to finish the game without paying attention to what you're doing? Honestly the battles are one of the main concepts.
I feel like your avoiding the question.
Oh I have plenty of griefs with this series. The series will never have a worthwhile story, the first generation of pokemon was both made poorly and planned poorly, and many other things I could sit here and list all day just to make people content with themselves.
However the series has many other things that can redeem it. If you choose not to care about those things then well thats only your fault alone.
Oh, but I do care about the good things. The good things are what keeps me playing it, but I will not be content.
Also you didn't answer my question.
Shuckle is an interesting creature that while it's defense is super high it doesn't have the HP needed to protect itself well from attacks like it's high defense stats may suggest.
Okay, now I have another question, how can health be measured and why do some Pokemon have more health then others?
Machamp has a bulky build that while it doesn't have the highest speed in the game can abuse it's abilities. No Guard helps it KO pokemon easily with Dynamic punch. It won't always work but in a pinch the confusion sometimes works to your advantage. You can also use a sleep talk set that lets it not only heal itself you can use him as a way to absorb status effects when you see them coming..
Oh, so that's how Machamp hunts in the wild.

Last edited:

BCVM22

The fact that the all the legendaries were awesome in the 1st gen, like looked awesome. Even mew. But you look at Shaymin, Celebi, Jirachi... they don't look legendary.

Bullpuckey. "They don't look Legendary" is another meaningless and arbitrary complaint, just like "they don't look like Pokémon" and the rest of that sort of malarkey.

Tropios

those are phantom/mirage legendaries, mew's one too, theyre all rather cute and look pretty rare.

besides, legendaries dont have to look epic. look at pixies, theyre legendary creatures too.

11DBHK

Banned
but they can at least try to make the fillers interesting and not just ash and co. Run into <insertcharacterofthedayhere> who owns <insertpokemonofthedayhere> and is having some problem, and everyone goes "letz all work 2gether and halp the pore soul", when tr suddenly appears and captures <insertpokemonofthedayhere>, which invariably leads to pikachu thunderbolting away tr, rescuing the pokemon, and within the next few minutes, the 'problem' of the trainer's been solved, and everyone moves off happily.

And to top it all, in dp, it ends with a crappy "moral" a lot of the time.

lol!
-------

Blaziken got a major boost this gen. However if speed boost isn't a breed-able ability it may hinder his strength in battle.
He's also a major power in trick room mostly because of how high and even both his attacks stats are.

If Blaziken had Speed Boost, I would use him.