• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What makes some people think that Pokemon is going downhill

Dattebayo

Banned
I thought FR/LG were just as good if not better than RSE (and that's coming from someone who didn't play Red/Blue until after he played Silver)... and HG/SS were certainly better than Diamond and Pearl...

Despite the fact it it never fixed the problems the originals had: Kanto Pokemon running around in Johto, low-leveled wild Pokemon, lack of side-quests, and poor leveling grinding/EV training.

Kim62

Hello
I feel it's either that or they just don't find the main points of the game all that interesting.
Since when is not finding the main points of the game interesting a bad reason for not liking a game?
I mean if you're looking for a good story.
Pff, good story, who's looking for a good story?
or something mind blowingly new
Not mind blowingly new things, just mind blowingly good things.
this isn't your type of game.
That gets me thinking, what type of game is Pokemon any how?
I do. "The new Pokemon are crap" is a kind of saying people use before the next generation before they have given themselves time to get used to them.
Do you think that's true for every person who dislikes the new games?

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
Since when is not finding the main points of the game interesting a bad reason for not liking a game?
It is bad since this is a discussion of how the games go downhill or rather why people think this. But the main points of the game have actually improved over time.

Pff, good story, who's looking for a good story?
Plenty of games are played for gameplay alone and not for the story. Street Fighter, Mario, even the battle network games have sub par stories but people still play them. They're drawn by the actual gaming portion. So yes a good story=/=good game
Not mind blowingly new things, just mind blowingly good things.
I'd say the game has improved by miles as far as it's strong drawing points is concerned.

That gets me thinking, what type of game is Pokemon any how?
I always felt it was a game thats played best for it's good points. I never expected a great story out of pokemon or anything.

Kim62

Hello
It is bad since this is a discussion of how the games go downhill or rather why people think this. But the main points of the game have actually improved over time.
If people aren't interested in the main points of the game that means they weren't entertained and if they weren't entertained they aren't having fun. So if the main points of the old games peak your interests and the new games don't then that means it's going downhill.
Also, how many of the main points have really improved over time?
Plenty of games are played for gameplay alone and not for the story. Street Fighter, Mario, even the battle network games have sub par stories but people still play them. They're drawn by the actual gaming portion. So yes a good story=/=good game
What I was trying to say was "how many people look for a good story out of Pokemon?".
I always felt it was a game thats played best for it's good points.
Isn't that true for most every game?

Last edited:

Tropios

':o Me is stinky??'
gen 1: 90/100 because... i dunno, i didnt play the games but i did watch the anime and stuff when i was little

gen 2: 85/100 even though they were my first games, they didnt capture the feeling i had about gen 2 before i bought silver. but everything else about it was great

gen 3: 100/100 when i finally got emerald, it was awesome, tropical region and i like simply every single gen 3 pokemon. also a bit nostalgia and the fact that the day/night feature wasnt in it made it all so sunny. on top of that i loved the music.

gen 4: 85/100 didnt add much new after gen 3 and the routes felt a little empty, i also dislike cold climates. i couldve loved it if because they couldve done a lot more with the theme. It was cool though and the platinum storyline deserves a 98/100. I also like the anime and some pokemon are really awesome.

gen 5: 99/100 it seems like its gonna equal gen 3 in pokemon and region and gen 4 in storyline. but i didnt play the whole game yet so it doesnt get a perfect score untill i get the english version. can stay 99/100 because instead of finally doing something with the great concept of contests like the anime did, they replaced it by musicals which only requires you to dress up adn click like 2 times during the musical. Theyre still really fun though and when the rse remakes are released, itll get 200/100 for sure

Skydra

Do you think that's true for every person who dislikes the new games?

No, but for many. So little people complain about 3rd or 4th gen Pokemon now that I believe its usually not given a good enough chance at the start. I'm sure some people have a better reason for disliking new games though.

Dattebayo

Banned
Now I'm curious, if this is how the U.S. and European players feel about the newer Pokemon, then what about the Japanese players?