• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What makes some people think that Pokemon is going downhill

sally25

hey i'll battle you yeah?
my friend code is
0389 2634 1772
im available some weekends,and just in case your wondering,i dont use legendaries:)
unless you want me too!:)

sally25

its nice to know that there are parents who play too. im 19 and i wont stop playing anytime soon (or later hehehehehehe)

pokemon isnt going down hill. the anime is, but the games are becoming even better. it seems to me the only people who criticize pokemon the most are people who haven't played it. the games arent as childish as they seem (i'd like to think they're not.)

i agree with you alot:)
;492-s;

Arceusgamer14

hey i'll battle you yeah?
my friend code is
0389 2634 1772
im available some weekends,and just in case your wondering,i dont use legendaries:)
unless you want me too!:)

This Topic is not a "Want to battle?" it's a topic of a controversy on Nostalgic Pokemon fanboys. If you want a ask a battle, go to the 4th Gen discussion! AND Don't Double Post!

More anti-Nostalgic question, Is it true what people say about that Pokemon is not good anymore? I know it's still good. but still it keeps bothering me what people say about Pokemon.

Last edited:

The 3D RoBot

................!
Responding to the first post- I think its because ppl think the first game is the best because it started the whole poke takeover so they dont want it to change, And they changed the voices for the anime, I was disappointed by this but i still watch it.

cocoa_adele

The whole idea of a 5th generation, I was startled by 4th generation but I play it a lot and love it so maybe it'll be the same this time around too. I hope...

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
What I don't get is why people complained about the Pokemon following and the grass in HGSS of all things. These were small additions that didn't affect the game at all and people were shitting buckets over them.

Last edited:

parade911

people who liked pokemon red/blue then complain that the others aren't as good dont like pokemon as a whole, they just like 'pokemon red/blue'. PERIOD. they dont like ruby/sapphire (for example) because they compare it with previous games.

gamefreak have gotten themselves in a difficult situation: they have to keep introducing new pokemon so that every region is unique and not repetitive, but then forget about a few of the older pokemon. the kangaskhan issue should have been delt with.

Pokemon has changed a lot since the first games. Mainly, the style of the Pokemon themselves are much different. The newer ones don't look as natural or animal-like as the first generation did, and they look more mythical and unique. Any change in the series is going to get people upset for Pokemon not being the same as it was in the 'good ol' days.'

Also, I think Pokemon's relatively new popularity causes more people to hate it. If anything gets popular enough, people start criticizing the smallest, most insignificant things they can to get their point across. Or like when music bands release some new song, people claim it's different and sounds too mainstream and they're 'selling out'.

AstralEon

The one and only.
The changing styles and concepts is most likely the reason why people are thinking that Pokemon is losing its touch.

People who watched and played Pokemon in the beginning generations were influenced by its originality but as more generations came in veterans began to question it. And the reason why some people hate it is because it is not like the original they had in the beginning.

But for the younger kids that are just starting their Pokemon series anything they watch will think that Pokemon will be cool and would beg to differ. Just like how we started out in the younger years

Face it, old habits die hard....

The only time when Pokemon will start plummeting is when they stop making millions of money off of it. But until then, keep buying and it will still continue.

Mr Dragon

Crazy Dude
The changing styles and concepts is most likely the reason why people are thinking that Pokemon is losing its touch.

People who watched and played Pokemon in the beginning generations were influenced by its originality but as more generations came in veterans began to question it. And the reason why some people hate it is because it is not like the original they had in the beginning.

The funny thing about Pokemon at the same time as "Every game being the same" it is described as "Not being like the original games enough"

Critics are hypocrites

Wait... I just criticised critics so I am a hypocrite by calling myself a hypocrite...

*SIGH*

Indragon

Back in the USSR
^lol, but yeah, it's true that Pokemon has it quite rough - it gets criticised for being too formulaic and not changing too much, and at the same time for not being like the originals.

The games have only been getting better, in my opinion. Yea, Somethings in them can be annoying, but with every time i look back on the previous generation after playing the new games I say "wow, how did I put up with that" or "Wow I can't believe I actually thought that was amazing".

The anime on the other hand, Kinda has been. To a little kid, it obviously hasn't, because the Anime brings in new generations of kids. We, the ones who criticize the anime, thought it was the most amazing thing when we were little, and thats how little kids see it now.

The anime is made to promote the games, but if it wasn't, i think it would be much better, with a more solid plot, maybe some good character development, Like Ash winning a league, instead of losing just so he can "Try harder next time" in the next region for the new game/

Arceusgamer14

Pokemon is not going Downhill like WWE, Nickelodeon, right? I just don't want Pokemon to be criticized by many fans. Are their thousands of Pokemon fans who still like Pokemon from I to IV? (I know I ask alot, it's just keeps bothering me what People say about Pokemon.)

The TV show is defiantly going down hill, but only to older viewers. The TV show is obviously trying to attract little kids. But the games just keep getting better and better, don't criticize to games but the TV show need to be

WynautQueen

Pokemon Caretaker
The TV show is defiantly going down hill, but only to older viewers. The TV show is obviously trying to attract little kids. But the games just keep getting better and better, don't criticize to games but the TV show need to be

I've been watching Pokemon since season one. I love it, and think it hasn't been this good in a while.

randomspot555

Mainly, the style of the Pokemon themselves are much different.

Pokemon has always drawn from a variety of influences on Pokemon designs, mythological/fictional and real-world animals and objects. Do newer generations rely more on objects and mythological beings than Gen I? Maybe. But the cause for an increase in mythological inspired beings in Gen 4 is because...well, just look at the plot of Sinnoh.

The funny thing about Pokemon at the same time as "Every game being the same" it is described as "Not being like the original games enough"

Critics are hypocrites

My favorite criticism is "Ash loses too much!" shortly followed by "Ash always wins!"

I've been watching Pokemon since season one. I love it, and think it hasn't been this good in a while.

I agree. I mean, I don't think Pokemon anime is the cream of the crop and historians will be studying it in the year 321564 to see what us humans watched, but I think the anime has been on a (slow) uphill trend in quality since Johto happened.

BluuSpark

I personally love generation three....
Ive heard a lot of complaints about it and I havent seen much done with it, but I do really really like it. Ive been playing pokemon since it pretty much released in the USA, but, I mean, I cant remember exactly when I got way into it lol.

WynautQueen

Pokemon Caretaker
Pokemon has always drawn from a variety of influences on Pokemon designs, mythological/fictional and real-world animals and objects. Do newer generations rely more on objects and mythological beings than Gen I? Maybe. But the cause for an increase in mythological inspired beings in Gen 4 is because...well, just look at the plot of Sinnoh.

My favorite criticism is "Ash loses too much!" shortly followed by "Ash always wins!"

I agree. I mean, I don't think Pokemon anime is the cream of the crop and historians will be studying it in the year 321564 to see what us humans watched, but I think the anime has been on a (slow) uphill trend in quality since Johto happened.

Don't forget that many people who say "Ash always wins!" are in the same camp as the "Ash always gets rid of his best Pokemon!" people. XD