• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What makes some people think that Pokemon is going downhill

nooby121

i wuz half asleep while writing that previous post xD

yeah...... we just cant seem to win

seriously gotta get a keyboard

Last edited:

Taruta the Blue Mage

Newtypes represent!
The wrong combination of nostalgia and stupidity.

^This

Its called a Broken Base.

You have the crowd that anything over 150 are just add ons... Then you got the Gen 2 crowd that says Pokemon should have stopped come 251.

In every game ever made... you will find a fringe fraction that will say.

"X game sucks because of this.... and let me tell you why [activate rant]"
So dont sweat it let them complain, the games have been getting better and a bit more balanced since Gen 1.

^And this

People just can't seem to accept the fact that Pokemon is evolving [/intendedpun] and don't appreciate innovations in the battle system or the designs of the Pokemon and the reasoning behind their disappointment seems flawed in my eyes. They're just BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW-ing over every slight detail and change each new generation brings.

Also Fandoms will always complain no matter how good a game is.

daveshan

My little friend
Sorry, more rant on 150 Pokenoobs, Just WHAT THE HELL Is wrong with new Pokemon. Why do people think that they "should" of stayed with 151 Pokemon and not increase more ever? It's getting stupid and stupid like their acting like spoiled 7 year olds. What makes them think of that?

What's wrong is that they've got around 17 pokemon who aren't uber and have base stats around or greater than 130. A good chunk of those are in offensive stats and a bunch of abilities given to pokemon who will abuse them massively.

Basically, everything that isn't UU is going to be in the Uber tier. That's why it's broken.

FireEmblemAddict

運命なんか死人の言い訳だ
Honestly I think that each generation is getting more intricate in terms of design. More color combinations, more detail, etc. and it puts people off since it's different from the simpler designs of yesteryear

.:Flaming Fury:.

Black White Yin Yang
It's mostly a combo of nostalgia and stupidity, as the great BCVM22 stated previously.
What's insulting to me is people that run big websites and stuff like that that say stuff like they should've stopped at 150-251...etc..
They should be more mature than that. Jesus.

Most of my friends know I'm an huge Pokemon fan, they always say the original 151 were the best and they should have stopped after that. I ask why and they always say the designs for the Pokemon themselves were the best. I then ask them about Mr. Mime, Dodou, Dodrio (three heads, instead of one, SO ORIGINAL!) and Voltorb and Electrode (Let's get a Pokeball and add a set of eyes on it, and for the evolution, we'll just add a mouth and flip it upside down, GENIUS!)

tl;dr Pokemon design has it's high points and low points.

Kim62

Hello
Can I say something?

Some say that they should have stopped after 151, some say 152, some say... whatever number the third generation brought it to and I'm sure some people will say it should have stopped after 493 once 5 generation settles in.

Can I just ask for people to please stop barraging people on how their beliefs are stupid. Honestly, you are being even more annoying then, well, the people your complaining about.

Thank you.

BCVM22

Can I just ask for people to please stop barraging people on how their beliefs are stupid. Honestly, you are being even more annoying then, well, the people your complaining about.

Thank you.

Completely untrue. Ill-conceived beliefs are ill-conceived beliefs. Sometimes opinion really doesn't play a role in it.

Thank you.

Dark Eevee

Can I say something?

Some say that they should have stopped after 151, some say 152, some say... whatever number the third generation brought it to and I'm sure some people will say it should have stopped after 493 once 5 generation settles in.

Thank you.

Well then tell all those people (the ones in bold) to shut up about it. Their opinions are annoying, as BCVM22 said ill-conceived and often hypocritical.

Last edited:

Charmander#4

Dating Rosie Palms?

And those are the thick-headed, loud, obnoxious people that no one wants to listen to. If they think Pokémon sucks now, that's fine, but they can keep that stuff to themselves. We don't care. If they would shut up about what they think, or at least act like their opinion is not some absolute truth ("The simple fact that it IS going downhill!") and instead state maybe why they think so (And "Because the new designs suck" is hardly a sufficient reason - instead state what it is about them that do not satisfy your exacting standards) and generally act like they are not five-year-olds throwing a tantrum. The beliefs expressed by those people are ill-conceived, ill-reasoned and rarely something that you feel like responding to in a friendly manner.

nooby121

people are just never gonna change---- like that sayin that I heard somewhere "when everything you get is always new, you tend to look for something familiar"

Kim62

Hello
Completely untrue. Ill-conceived beliefs are ill-conceived beliefs. Sometimes opinion really doesn't play a role in it.

Thank you.

That's not completely untrue.

I was right about you guys being annoying.

Listen if you have a problem with some ones else belief you talk directly to the person your against, and I'll admit it, some people here actually are directing their issues against a single person's beliefs.
However, many people here are just grouping people in the same boat and calling people outright stupid without specifically stating who they're talking to and without asking a single person who likes earlier generations why they do. Just come to the conclusion that they are all suffering from nostalgia.

Last edited:

Narutopokedude

← currently hunting
They get older and outgrow Pokemon. The thought of new pokemon being released and becoming successful scares them since they no longer have an interest in it, and yet they wish they could.

Dark Eevee

That's not completely untrue.

I was right about you guys being annoying. And you're not?

Listen if you have a problem with some ones else belief you talk directly to the person your against, and I'll admit it, some people here actually are directing their issues against a single person's beliefs.
However, many people here are just grouping people in the same boat and calling people outright stupid without specifically stating who they're talking to and without asking a single person who likes earlier generations why they do. Just come to the conclusion that they are all suffering from nostalgia.
Like I want to spend time to talk to each one about the same thing when I can just address them all at once.
Replies in bold.

Last edited:

Mr.Azy

Cradily's Victory!
Ignorance
Lack of interest in the game
Because the masses (crowd) say so, as a result they follow the blind opinion like sheep

Those people tend to forget other regions and sales figures. Pokemon is still popular, they just choose not to believe it.

AZ

MegamanDX

Megaman/Pokemon fan!
its probly because they dont like pokemon that much so they have to think like that(heak look at Pokemon Black version and White version with 2.6 million sold so far, i dont think pokemon going downhill, i think its going uphill...man this hill is steep)

aggronFTW

I find it stupid that people expected them to stop after 150, gamefreak and nintendo both like to make money, so they have choices, they can either make new games and new franchises that might not be popular, or they could expand on the only thing that comes close to the sales of mario games, and make even more money, which worked for them in 2nd, 3rd and, wait 4th as well? so why not make more?

Also, its pointless complaining, the people who think pokemon sucks are the same people that think modern warfare 2 is a good game.
And the people that complain are the ones that dont play pokemon anymore, why does it matter to them if there are more pokemon games or not? also to the people that say "they dont look like pokemon anymore" what does something have to look like to be classed as a pokemon.

as you may have guessed, ive been wanting to say this for quite a while ;)

Last edited:

nooby121

I find it stupid that people expected them to stop after 150, gamefreak and nintendo both like to make money, so they have choices, they can either make new games and new franchises that might not be popular, or they could expand on the only thing that comes close to the sales of mario games, and make even more money, which worked for them in 2nd, 3rd and, wait 4th as well? so why not make more?

Also, its pointless complaining, the people who think pokemon sucks are the same people that think modern warfare 2 is a good game.
And the people that complain are the ones that dont play pokemon anymore, why does it matter to them if there are more pokemon games or not? also to the people that say "they dont look like pokemon anymore" what does something have to look like to be classed as a pokemon.

as you may have guessed, ive been wanting to say this for quite a while ;)

true dat mate!

daveshan

My little friend
Alright, Darkeevee, since you enjoy bunching answers together, answer the issues that're concerning people like me.

What's wrong is that they've got around 17 pokemon who aren't uber and have base stats around or greater than 130. A good chunk of those are in offensive stats and a bunch of abilities given to pokemon who will abuse them massively.

Basically, everything that isn't UU is going to be in the Uber tier. That's why it's broken.

Combine those stats and abilities with so many of the powerful new moves and the +1 boost to three different stats moves and it's easy to see how this gen will turn out. It will take a once-brilliant strategy game, which required balancing of walls, sweepers, and supports of different kinds, into a strong-arm contest where the only 'balancing' is making sure your team of six sweepers can hit as much as possible before stuff hits you back.

EDIT: Honestly, I wonder how well Blissey will do this generation.