• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What makes some people think that Pokemon is going downhill

ParaChomp

be your own guru
I bet most of the haters are digimon fans >_>

How old are you? Pokemon is about the games not the anime!

Also, whoever said it's what's going on online, I agree. There are so many new better replacements now!

Pokemon Inc

We Are Pokemon!
The people who think this are the people who when they are asked name 5 pokemon all they can name is Pikachu

Pokemon Inc

We Are Pokemon!
The people who think this are the people who when they are asked name 5 pokemon all they can name is Pikachu

voidhawk

Blergh!
Yer, digimon fans...

It is probably people who have become bored with the similar nature of all the games. Personally, I love pokemon, but I can understand why some choose to dislike it because of this. It is the same reason digimon seems to be less popular now - it was always the same old thing, over and over again. Pokemon was just better, is all. :p

Black and white should rectify a lot of this, I believe, with all the new features and whatnot.

Kim62

Hello
Heheheheh.

But since you didn't answer any of my or Skydra's responses I guess we win.
Hey, I answered Skydra's responses. I only didn't answer your because you weren't making any sense.
I mean, I understood the point of it and everything but it was like you didn't read the part of the end of my post when I said "another Pokemon" and just decided to give me the old "Bronzong isn't a rehash of Slowpoke" line again even though I never said it was a rehash of Slowpoke. Not to mention I gave up on the "Bronzong is not original" thing awhile back.

Also, I don't know how to respond when someone just says "Hypocrite".

Dattebayo

Banned
ive been playing pokemon since it first came out and in my opinion, it is going downhill. fast

Please do explain without having your nostalgia glasses on.

Dark Eevee

Hey, I answered Skydra's responses. I only didn't answer your because you weren't making any sense.
I mean, I understood the point of it and everything but it was like you didn't read the part of the end of my post when I said "another Pokemon" and just decided to give me the old "Bronzong isn't a rehash of Slowpoke" line again even though I never said it was a rehash of Slowpoke. Not to mention I gave up on the "Bronzong is not original" thing awhile back.

Also, I don't know how to respond when someone just says "Hypocrite".

Whatever, it's not like anyone can understand your vague concept of originality either.

BTW to certain other posters. I like Digimon and I don't think Pokemon is going downhill. -_-

AncientMew

Training since 1998
Sorry, more rant on 150 Pokenoobs, Just WHAT THE HELL Is wrong with new Pokemon. Why do people think that they "should" of stayed with 151 Pokemon and not increase more ever? It's getting stupid and stupid like their acting like spoiled 7 year olds. What makes them think of that?

Writing "WHAT THE HELL" in massive caps about something so dumb kinda makes you sound the noob, some don't like the new gen, just ignore them, they aren't trying to stop you from liking it. Sucks to be them if they don't like the game anymore, I will lose no sleep over it. We're playing the games they aren't, the world still turns.

Aurath8

ive been playing pokemon since it first came out and in my opinion, it is going downhill. fast

Tell that to Black and White, selling well over 2 million in 2 days. And the game's only out in Japanese. It also quadrupled DSi sales from 12,000 to 48,000. The Global Link also crashed shortly after release.
[sarcasm]Pokemon is really becoming unpopular.[/sarcasm]

TheHauntedOne

evil tofu!!!
I think the main issue with people is that pokemon is still going strong after all these years, and has changed significantly from the beginning. Some people just don't like change I guess. If it stayed the same with just those 151 monsters it would have gotten really boring really fast, IMO.

Mark_Chaos

WARP EVOLUTION!

Please do explain without having your nostalgia glasses on.

I agree here, explain how it's going downhill.

I've also been play the games since Red/Blue and the 5th generation is probably going to be the first generation I don't buy a game. I just don't like the generation, overall, and the direction those games are trying to take Pokemon in.

What direction is that exactly? Because, quite frankly, it doesn't look like it's going in the wrong direction.

RedMage23

The Red Mage
What direction is that exactly? Because, quite frankly, it doesn't look like it's going in the wrong direction.

It probably has something to do with the fact that they are effectively rebooting the series by adding more Pokemon than Gen 1 had and not giving you access to any old Pokemon before the national dex.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
I never said it was a rehashed Pokemon.

And everybody seems to be ignoring my question of what is the whole picture of the Pokemon, but please, don't respond to this response, please.
Obviously a pokemon's make and likeness to a real or imaginary thing as well as it's stats moves abilities and purpose. It's place in the metagame also makes some more original then they seem on the surface. The newness of pokemon just isn't in the designs although clearly a lot of your frustration over pokemon seem rather nit picky then anything else. People may have not liked another fire fighting type but it makes some players ecstatic being able to use the same typing in a different matter. Infernape hits hard and fast. Blaziken is about set up. Seem the new guy is rather bulky but I'm not sure how to use him just yet.
Of course if you don't take the time to consider any of this we can become dull and unfeeling toward anything.
Oh look it's mario jumping around mushroom kingdom again!

Last edited: