• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

what makes the 4th gen so cool

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawaiian ale

zapdos master hoo ra
i think there cool becuse theres is alot pre-evo and evo from the previouse gens ;476;

The starters and the region itself.

BAM

Not the finger!!!
Just the fact thet nintendo has actually kept going this far with the games and how popular they have gotten. Plus the starters and the new pokemon with awesome new attacks and strategies you can find.

Bulbatordile

Who can say?
The pokemon. I like them all.

Many weak pokemon got a stronger evolution, and can now be used on a higher level - or not if you don't want to evolve them - its your choice.

More TMs then ever before.

The phys/spec attack change which makes more sense then it did before.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
WTF is wrong with Dainose people, seriously?

That what ruins the gen lol, and most of the evos are pointless.
I don't see you complaining about Johto, which had almost just as many (and don't start the crap about how they were lefties, because I don't see why Poliwhirl or Gloom need alt. evos!)

everything else is bad IMO.
You haven't even played it -_- I
I bet you'll fall in love once you start using the 4th Gen guys.

Anyway for me its all the cool Pokemon, like Gabite, Dainose, Dootakun, Jibacoil, Bunyatto, Korobooshi, Muskippa, Neolant, Fuwante, Mukkuhawk, Eteboth, and Mojambo and tons of others I love the look of and think are neat. I definately think Gamefreak hasn't lost their touch.

Last edited:

Sceptile Master

Survivor of the Great Avatar Depression
I would guess.... EVERYTHING!!!!

Milkshake

Banned
What makes this gen my favourite is the fact that each and every Pokémon in DP is wacky and colourful. I like that.

SamuraiChu

The Poketch, which acts as your bottom screen, is the most helpful pokemon accessory I've ever used. It makes all sorts of information you can use available at a glance. It's cooler than even the Pokedex.

I like the new pokemon. I like the new post-evos, which vindicate the existence of otherwise useless pokemon from before, and I like the new combinations of types, which makes the game feel interesting. Sinnoh is an interesting place too.

The fact that you can catch nearly all pokemon that exist (save some starters and legends) between the two versions puts Diamond and Pearl over the top as being the best games in the series.

Keegan™

Well I'll make it understandable:

The Region:
This was the most developed region ever based on the most northern part of Japan. Snowy places just really awesome.

Graphics:
The Graphics just makes you want to say OMG!

Starters:
They're just cool. (Escpecially Hikozaru. ;390;)

Overall:
Just really cool. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.