• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What makes the subject of shipping such a hot debate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morax

King of heroes
It's a bit of a reach but this is the biggest hint I guess...
This, the tease is obvious. A lot of people are going to be disappointed if nothing comes of it. The writers shouldn’t promise things they can’t deliver. And if pokeshipping ends up being canon, that makes all of the sh!t they did with serena all the more pointless LMAO.

Anipoke has gotta be the biggest troll on the planet.

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
This, the tease is obvious. A lot of people are going to be disappointed if nothing comes of it. The writers shouldn’t promise things they can’t deliver. And if pokeshipping ends up being canon, that makes all of the sh!t they did with serena all the more pointless LMAO.

Anipoke has gotta be the biggest troll on the planet.
I don’t think any ship is going to get further than a few teases. I think they do shipping stuff as a form of comedy, which is why it seems they never take it seriously. Serena kissing Ash in XY was an anomaly.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Misty being a tsundere? Come on man…..
That's a character trait of hers it doesn't mean it's shipping teases. It's literally the bond they've always shared and if people wanna pretend there's more to the subtext let them
This isn't on the writers
It's a bit of a reach but this is the biggest hint I guess...
That's coz it is a reach. This is literally about Corpish and Clauncher

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
That's coz it is a reach. This is literally about Corpish and Clauncher
Yeah I think a lot amourshippers just felt intimidated of Pokeshipping's resurgent popularity even though it was not as trending when Serena returned

Last edited:

Morax

King of heroes
Yeah I think a lot amourshippers just felt intimidated of Pokeshipping's resurgent popularity even though it was not as trending when Serena returned
You’re kidding me right? That image has a heart between Ash and Misty, don’t tell me that’s not intentional. I’m not even a pokeshipper but i won’t blame them for calling it a hint.

Damerdal

[Dam]n h[er] Gan[dal]f!
The answer at a much, much broader level is tied to human biology and evolutionary development, need for identity, and tribalism.

Why do people get overly passionate wanting Ash x Misty/Dawn/Serena/Goh/etc. together?

Why do people get overly passionate about Ash's character?

Why do people get overly passionate about the Pokemon anime?

Why do people get overly passionate about Pokemon franchise in general?

Why do people get overly passionate about fictional, imaginative creatures?

Why do people get overly passionate about fiction?

Why do people get overly passionate about stories?

Why do people get overly passionate about creative arts?

We're just hardwired to stratify and connect deeply with something that we like, even if it's the silliest thing like Pokemon anime shipping. Of course, there should be a limit to obsession.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
>two characters are depicted within a heart
>the girl asks him to tag along while blushing like a tsundere
>t-there’s n-nothing shippy here!!

How blind can one be? It’s a small one but it’s still there.
Ok, totally convinced that Ash is totally going to end up with Misty

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
>two characters are depicted within a heart
>the girl asks him to tag along while blushing like a tsundere
>t-there’s n-nothing shippy here!!

How blind can one be? It’s a small one but it’s still there.

I mean when the context is it’s those two making comments about clauncher and corpfish who the heart effects are actually for, i don’t see it at all? Just seems like taking a scene completely out of context.

You’d have a better shot at using some of their banter rather than this.

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
Nice strawman, giselle. All i’m saying is the writers are being intentional with these hints.
Well if amour did became canon in this series you guys(including myself) better make a multiple page apology letter to the writers especially tomiyasu

Status
Not open for further replies.