• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What Makes You A Unique Pokémon Trainer?

The Nido King

John13wb, yeah...I believe that is what some would call a annoying team. But nonetheless, and awesome strategy.

Yami, gengar's your favorite then? Well, that strategy is cool. A piece of advice (that I think could be helpful but you may already know)...why not try and raise the pokémon's defence if their weakness' attack power effects the damage and special defence if their weakness' special attack power effects the damage. Just think that could help.

Water Illusionist, starmie is also psychic...my two favorite types.

Metal Power, your username suggests as much. Go steel?

Raden, Diampe is right, each trainer has a favorite pokémon. And nice strategy, but what is so special about baton passing? I know there is something to it, but I can't remember.

Darth, so which starters do you choose? There are so many and only six slots for a team...but then again, there are many games to buy and start up.

Wat.
I like Togepi and his evolutions.

I raely evolve my Pokemon.

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
well i use what i like, and Venusaurs almost always on my team, if not its my starter

The Nido King

Rarely evolving pokémon is really unique. Sure, some trainers have stopped evolution...but to rarely evole your pokémon, that's neat (also harder to use them in battles imo).

Cool Shiny Venusaur, what moves do you venusaurs know?

WhiteKyziken

Breathing
Well... A reason that shouldn't be so unique and is very genetic, I use a type balanced team which consists of Fire, Water, Flying, (Grass/Electric), (Grass/Electric/Other), (Other).

Oh, and a pet peeve of mine is to look at someone's team and their Pokemon's levels are so frickin far apart! I always try to make sure my Pokemon are at the same level, and I don't care about extra training.

The Nido King

A lot of people have diverse teams, you're right...not the most unique. But trying to keep your pokémon in your team around the same level, that's something not mentioned here a lot.

I haven't seen much said about being a breeder and nothing about pokémon coordinating. Anyone consider themselves breeders and/or coordinaters more than a trainer?

*~Water Lover~*

You. Get it?
I always use my fully evolved starters, and I always keep a Water, Fire, Grass or Electric on my team.

rayon1

Romance Lover
Let's see. I use a Dragonite, Sceptile, Blaziken, Swampert, Feraligatr, and Tyranitar. My strategy is to find the opponent's type disadvantages or main stat weaknesses and hit them hard.

;384;

The Nido King

Faithful to your starter and a user of diverse types. That's cool Silver Raichu.

diampe

Groudon's enemy.
Well... A reason that shouldn't be so unique and is very genetic, I use a type balanced team which consists of Fire, Water, Flying, (Grass/Electric), (Grass/Electric/Other), (Other).

Oh, and a pet peeve of mine is to look at someone's team and their Pokemon's levels are so frickin far apart! I always try to make sure my Pokemon are at the same level, and I don't care about extra training.

keeping your pkmn close to the same level takes a lot of patience
i admire that

I like Togepi and his evolutions.

I raely evolve my Pokemon.

Togepi/Togetic? thats cool! have you tried out follow me in double battle? it really helps.

The Nido King

Diampe keeps coming back...awesome!

mewmew202

I have an offensive team with a variety of attacking moves. I go for good powered accurate moves rather then superstrong moves that never hit. I like Snorlax with all different moves and a water type. I attempt to not teach my begginer HM's. I have a legendary and my starter as the strongest and try to get the others at decent levels. Always carry a flying type for emergencies.

Last edited:

The Nido King

Great post CelebiIAdore! So, you like moves like swift? Your snorlax, you said it had a water type move?

hopeless2007

Personally?
I usually use a marowak in my party. I love the high attack and i'm down with bonemerang.
Also, every time I play a new pokemon or restart an old game, I always try to use at least one pokemon i'd never used before. This time around, in pearl, it's a shuckle. As you well know, nido king:)
Also, Pearl will mark my first attempt at EV training and compeditive battling. My good friend Adam and I are planning on making a pretty cool video about our first pokebattle. it'll be pretty stylized, so expect to see it on youtube or something!

hopeless2007

OH YEAH.
And I don't use and one of a kind pokemon in my parties. I find them a bit lame.

flyboy1308

Coming Ta Town
I use whatever I feel like using despite its stats and nature. I feel that any pokemon can be good if you use it right.

Zubeon

I bred my champion Steelix with a Nosepass in an attempt to give Son of Steeix rock throw, but the baby was female and didn't get the move. Everything that could have gone wrong did! But I still use the baby Onix anyway, because I'm not hung up on things like natures.

Raden Surya

Abdidalem of Erika
Raden, Diampe is right, each trainer has a favorite pokémon. And nice strategy, but what is so special about baton passing? I know there is something to it, but I can't remember.
Well, you know one of annoyers' weakness is when the foe switch out, especially if the foe sent out something with aromatherapy/heal bell >.< Nah, we can prevent that by baton passing mean look. That's my main reason. Paired with some double team, this combo will be deadly. Try not to use it at nb ^^"
Beside that, it can also pass supportive status, sub, and ingrain to prevent roar/whirlwind destroy your status increases. This is the best move for supportive team I think ;192;