• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What Makes You A Unique Pokémon Trainer?

hopeless2007

Yeah.
I don't have a choice in the matter with *ahem* Chuckle. My girlfriend is adamant that it be Chuckle.
She says that if she HAS to hear me drone on and on about how awesome online play is gonna be, and what my party is gonna be like, she has to have some input on naming the cutest one.
In this cate, Shuckle.

I gotta say, at first, I kinda thought Shuckle was stupid...
But he's really grown on me. I gotta say I like the little bugger.

Kyaku

. . .
I rarely use TMs
I don't EV train
I don't care about IVs/DVs/Natures
I nickname almost all my main Pokemon. Be it Japaneses names or made up ones.
I usually have more than one team, one with legends, one without.
I use favorites.
I actually use movesets with two or more moves of the same type.
I don't care about movesets.
I almost always have my starter with me.
I breed, but not to perfection or whatever.
----------------
Yeah. Lots of reasons that makes me unique.

Yoko

Pokémon Cherisher
As a trainer I tend to raise Pokemon that would actually appreciate me as a trainer. I don't raise mischievous creatures, like Gengar, or aggressive Pokemon, such as Pinsir, as I know we wouldn't get along.
I'm a calm person, which is why I tend to raise the more timid or noble creatures. I feel these appreciate me as a trainer more than any others.

In my team I like to have a 'protector', one that looks after and defends the smaller, more vulnerable Pokemon in my team, and she is my Nintetails. She's a proud beast who is a reflection of my good training I think.

As for battle tactics, well I don't have any! I like to just get into battle and show them what we got!

Hmm what else

I try to pick a team that will get along with each other. I try to train evenly, but I don't worry about IVs and that, I prefer my creatures to grow naturally ( so I don't use proteins etc either).
I don't have any legendaries in my team , not because I think they're too powerful, they just don't appeal to me. LIke I said before, I like to mother the smaller, more timid ones. :)

I like to have a definite 6 Pokemon in my team , no substitutes or alternative teams; just the one. Although at the moment I'm still trying to find my perfect team, I've actually stopped and am now waiting for Pearl so I can discover new Pokemon!

I know I sorta get a bit too involved in the trainer/pokemon relationship thing, but that's my favourite part of the game :p

Erekiddo

i just use pokemons with high attack and special attack and high speed,in battle i just show them why they shouldnt battle me.No defense for me lol.

littlestchristian13

ThatEmoMetal-head <3
well, I nickname ALL the pokemon I catch, repeats or not. and all my trainers name are similar (all girls) and all start with C. ^-^ my teams all have cute pokemon too :p

Atoyont

Brains for brawn
I use both my favorites and ones that are effective in battling.

Zubeon

Oh, I want to know more about this champion steelix, Zubeon. That's cool you still use the baby...does it battle with it's mother?

Rarely. I find that the Lv.100 Mother tends KO's the enemies to quickly. I like to make my monsters work for their levelling up, so baby has to fight around outside Fuschia City. But I take her into the Elite Four every now and then with an EXP Share and let mom rack up the EXP.

MukkinMUK

I love garlic. :P
Poison... A defensiv stance, and some powerfull attacks.
Mehh, i use Muks. (And my Muk army is comming soon...;))

Kitsune Winterheart

Wintry Lights
I allways have a dark-type pokemon with me, and I never ever use ubers. And, I have raised all my party pokemons from eggs. And I allways give nicknames to them, or write their names nicer, like Vaporeon instead VAPOREON... -_-

Comray001

IMMA FIRIN MEH LAZOR
I give my pokemon nicknames
I tend to use Ghosts and Dark types
I use favorites
I raise all my pokemon equally
I'll do whatever it takes to win

Jordan Cleary

Rising From The Ash
PikaPokémonMaster, awesome job raising your swampert. What's it's stats and moves?

Hopeless2007, so your favorite pokémon would be your marowak, cool! It's signature attack is awesome. And yes, I know all about your shuckle plan...still wishing you good luck (don't forget to give it a name, lol). So, Pearl will be the first time you've tryed managing evs and the like. Well, like I said they are hard since some pokémon listed on Serebii.net don't seem to help the stat they are suppossed to. But, the pokétch will help you manage the evs, so that should help. And yes, legendaries are boring and lame at times (not them in general, just when they are used untrained or used for their ultimate power).

Flyboy, good thought...but not sure that will work 100% of the time (wish it did though).

Oh, I want to know more about this champion steelix, Zubeon. That's cool you still use the baby...does it battle with it's mother?

Raden, I think I get it now...thanks.

Jordan, I personally don't like cloning (that's the duplicate cheat you are refering to right?), but if others do it, ok then. Having every pokémon and raising them all...that's good. And the drugs you were talking about, are those rare candies, protein, calcium, etc. you are refering to? I use them too!

Lucario (random quote), but awesome team. Good job not useing ubers too, I guess.

Grounder agrees with duplicate pc box trick (silver, Gold)
I mean Keeping all evos, The ones I like, (I.e: Totodile, and Croconaw and Freligator)
Well, I like them since I can get abit closer to the max stats!

OMFG! IM A BOULDER TRAINER!!!!! Sorry just got really jumpy!

Last edited:

ChaosKicks

Backlash Wave
I have a lv 67 Pichu with Sesmic toss......and I use the Battle stratigy of swithcing out my Pokemon allot.....

I take advantege of Lapris's water absorb
and Jolteons volt absorb!

mrhiyuck

curious
I use my favorites, and give them complicated stradigies. I hate using ubers, as I am a breeder and go for the right nature. I do EV, but it's way too much work to get perfect IVs.

Hyper Shadow

for me, I make my pokemon learn moves the oponent wouldn't expect from that pokemon. or I use a very good combo like double edge and the Rock Head ability.

Annhialator Zero

killkillkillkillkill
I use my starter all the way through, I don't care what people think about my favoutite Pokemon (why else would I have Pikachu in my TC when everyone hates him), once I decide I want to do something, I do it (XD's ****ing Orre Colosseum for example)

Tyranitar trainer

Back for a bit
I use a powerful team with a supprising Milotic and Weavile and of course Tyranitar