• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What makes you restart the game?

Hibachi

Grass Pokemon Expert
I just recently restarted my platinum version. I really missed going through the storyline, and I wantef to use new pokemon. I am currently using a grass monotype team. I really just get bored battling the battle fronteir all the time.

.Latias.

.:peaceful~dreamer:.
Well, I admit I'm guilty of compulsively restarting the games when I want to do something even a little differently. I like beginning a new adventure, but at the same time, if I allow myself to get far enough into the games, I become so attached to the Pokemon I have and how powerful they've become that I don't want to restart.

I still remember my old Flygon, Tetsuhiko, from my Emerald Version who I digitally slaughtered when I erased the game...and still haven't even began a new journey. D;

leon25270

<- Zap Cannon Espeon
I restart my games if at least one of the following holds true:
a) My save file gets deleted.
--> In that case, I would have no other choice but to restart my game, wouldn't I? (Man, I hate pirated copies of games...)
b) If I'm not too attached with my game.
--> I tend to get too attached to my Pokemon games. I just couldn't let all of that hard work go to waste, could I?

... Although, HG/SS could be another story... I'll probably not get too attached to those games...

Giratina!

Backstreet's back
Either the story (yes, I actually liked the fourth generation, sorry to all you Pokémon purists) or the fact that I wanted to run a monotype on that game.