• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What manga series are you reading as of now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't really read manga, but Spy x Family is something I've been reading for a while now.

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
Never realized this but someone said Solo Leveling was basically Sword Art Online if it actually made sense, didn't had cringey romance, and the plot and characters were actually good. Hmm... I kind of actually agree with that. No offense, SAO fans.
Well I'm not a big SAO fan but still like it (yes even if it's half-to-mostly-trash) so none taken. but if the romance is gone then i have less reason to check out solo leveling anytime soon than the whole other pile of mangas and manhwas i wanna read

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Well I'm not a big SAO fan but still like it (yes even if it's half-to-mostly-trash) so none taken. but if the romance is gone then i have less reason to check out solo leveling anytime soon than the whole other pile of mangas and manhwas i wanna read

38d5ea7e0a51043d4919764a8524092a.jpg

If you want some romance in your reads, then may I recommend Unholy Blood? It's very heavy on action, the story and mystery is interesting, and it's one of the better action manhwa in terms of artwork.

Hayan Park in my opinion, is one of the most fun and badass female protagonists I have seen in a long time. Not to mention, she's pretty hot. If you know me, I rarely describe "anime waifus" as "hot" because most just feel often forced. Here, Unholy Blood really captures this feeling well. It feels natural, like Hayan Park owns it, that you know she's gosh darn beautiful in not only looks but also personality. It's not done in an overly-done "sex sells" way. It does sometimes happen in a joke-y or stylistic way, but not in a "fan-service" way in my opinion. It's more like a strong trait of her beauty and her confident and fearless personality, especially during action scenes.

I love how the comment section often jokes about how gorgeous she is. I remember these two funny comments about her. There was this guy that said along the lines of, "I'm actually gay but just for this one chapter, I'm straight now." The other one was some girl that said along the lines, "You can't catch me gay thoughts!" The comments can get pretty hilarious when the main character shows off her looks, usually through the stylistic action, and she's almost always fully-clothed too as opposed to how a lot of anime and manga think scantily-clad girls sells to an audience. That's actually another thing. She's not some teenage high school girl either. She's a college girl who can legally drink, is in the process of becoming a young adult. I know this stuff is a minor detail for some people but if you know your overdone anime tropes, this is quite refreshing for some people who just want a break from all that stuff.

Last edited:

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
38d5ea7e0a51043d4919764a8524092a.jpg

If you want some romance in your reads, then may I recommend Unholy Blood? It's very heavy on action, the story and mystery is interesting, and it's one of the better action manhwa in terms of artwork.
-checks out anime planet page on it; sees it also involves vampires; adds it to list-

I don't know whether to thank you or curse you for the suggestion but I got yet another thing to read on my huge manga & manhwa to-read list.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
so due to some issues I'm having with MHA's 5th season I decided to read the manga starting from after the Joint Training arc. I finished the rest of the stuff that will be covered in S5 and started the next arc and........I can't believe I'm saying this, but I actually kinda like Shigaraki now

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
The only thing that annoys me about MHA manga is how Horikoshi brushes off some stuff Bakugo does just because he's too popular

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
The only thing that annoys me about MHA manga is how Horikoshi brushes off some stuff Bakugo does just because he's too popular
Tbh I kinda feel he regrets having be that harsh in the early chapters but things have gone on for so long that he doesn't know how to address it by this point

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Tbh I kinda feel he regrets having be that harsh in the early chapters but things have gone on for so long that he doesn't know how to address it by this point
To me it feels like he wanted to give him a lesson but since he ended up being super popular, he had to think up workarounds so there wouldn't be backlash

Gizmoduck

Burns eternally hot
I just finished Prison School.

I think I loved it overall. I mean, the middle section goes a bit too far with over-extending but it still worked and I love how it's both a serious character drama and the most absurd and insane ecchi **** possible; it rides that line so perfectly. And man, that ending; I know everyone shits on it, but I liked it. The whole thing brought me to tears, both sincerely and from the absurdity too.

God, welcome to my world, Kiyoshi. I like that it left it completely open-ended with no real resolutions to anyone, just like how people come and go out of your life and you never know what became of them.

Really hope the rest of the series will get another anime adaptation as good as the first one.

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
I JUST finished Attack on Titan and all I gotta say at this time when my brain is slush is this: I now get why people were upset with the ending.

Now onto the next manga after a (most likely quick) break...

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Read the latest chapter of Tower of God and oh man, what an unexpected build-up/twist for the Lo Po Bia family, the main antagonists of the current story arc.

Let's just say "The real villain in this story isn't even here yet." The hype is so immense. I see all these backstories for these side villains hyping up the strength and twisted nature of the Lo Po Bia family, and then they finally reveal which member of Lo Po Bia is actually coming and oh my god, the stakes have never been higher, I don't know where the story will go now, and we are finally going to know his name.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Ok... Time to update my list....

Right now, what I'm watching - and I'm including tokusatu stuff 'cause why not? - is:

Ultraman (the original 60's series)
Mirrorman
Ultraman Cosmos
Scarlet Nexus
Shaman King (please, may it end soon)
Dragon Quest Dai no daibouken
Ultraman Trigger
Puzzle & Dragons
Mazica Party
Digimon Ghost Game (starts next week but I'm putting in the list already)
Kamen Rider Revice (starting to pick up on it. Time will tell if I stick to it or not)
Danball Senki W
Beyblade Burst Dynamite Battle
Shinkalion Z
Triple Wing (which ended this week :()
Pokémon (that was a given)

Last edited:

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Ok... Time to update my list....

Right now, what I'm watching - and I'm including tokusatu stuff 'cause why not? - is:

Ultraman (the original 60's series)
Mirrorman
Ultraman Cosmos
Scarlet Nexus
Shaman King (please, may it end soon)
Dragon Quest Dai no daibouken
Ultraman Trigger
Puzzle & Dragons
Mazica Party
Digimon Ghost Game (starts next week but I'm putting in the list already)
Kamen Rider Revice (starting to pick up on it. Time will tell if I stick to it or not)
Danball Senki W
Beyblade Burst Dynamite Battle
Shinkalion Z
Triple Wing (which ended this week :()
Pokémon (that was a given)
wait there are beyblade manga? That sounds like the action would be a bit hard to follow

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Actually, I posted the anime I'm watching in the manga thread. Can't believe I let that slide :(

Status
Not open for further replies.