1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

What manga series are you reading as of now?

Discussion in 'Alternate Animé & Manga Discussion' started by Megchan, Aug 1, 2006.

1. shoz999

shoz999 The goofiest-looking dog I've ever seen. I LUV IT!

Read the latest chapter of Tower of God where it's villain vs. villain, an de-powered but ancient soul-devouring mass murderer going up against a powered-up former commander who is fighting with one arm tied behind his back, described by some fans as sort of an Akainu-like character, someone who is blindly devoted to his strict but also somewhat self-destructive values on what is justice. Guess who is getting their ass kicked? Considering the circumstances, almost everyone is expecting the soul devouring villain to be bested unless of course a certain characters picks a side or picks none at all.

I think the funniest part is that the author somehow manage to make a lot of fans root for the soul-devouring jackass responsible for a number of heart-broken tragedies causing some fans to say, "Hey? Remember when we all absolutely used to hate this guy?" lol.

2. Ubermuk

Ubermuk Sticky & Sweet

I'm reading Solo Leveling and Berserk. I think both are great and almost as good as my former manga trinity of FMA, Kingdom and Haikyuu!!

jaden767 likes this.
  3. shoz999

OH MAN! HA HA HA! I read the latest chapter of Tower of God and oh man, they featured this new character who is an adventurer right? Don't worry, I'll keep the spoilers vague. Okay so we see this kid adventurer in a flashback who tells this one major powerful character his adventures right? So this major powerful character is a veteran of war and even though she's seen quite a lot in her day, she's impressed by this kid's stories that they seem strangely real, that he's not making it up even though it sounds borderline ridiculous at times but at the same time, she can't tell if he's a good or bad person because of how confident this kid is that the war she fought in will still continue even after a certain ordeal is made and he's confident with a grin, a devilish grin almost as if he can see into the future. However what's most interesting about this adventurer is that he looks completely identical to another character lol and I thought this was a certain character until one person pointed out an important detail. This kid adventurer lacks a mole on his face that a certain character has which has caused the ToG fanbase to be in an frenzy of debate who the heck this guy is.

Leonhart likes this.
  4. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Kanae, Keeper of the Gates Emblazoned

Moles can be easily faked, just sayin'.

shoz999 likes this.
  5. juiccbox

juiccbox Idiot Extraordinaire

Just finished oyasumi punpun, now I’m reading firefighter! daigo of fire company

Ubermuk and jaden767 like this.
  6. shoz999

Well read the most recent episode of Tower of God. Holy ****. I take it back on Yasratcha being kind of like Neferpitou from Hunter x Hunter. He's much worst than Neferpitou! Jesus christ, I did not think the story would go there but it did! That is just freaking evil and depressing as heck.

7. jaden767

jaden767 Amphetamine

Started to read Black Clover because it was suggested by someone I know. Plan on reading Demon Slayer once I catch up.

Ubermuk likes this.
  8. shoz999

Got around to reading the first few chapters of God of Highschool and I can see why people love it. The action is good, real good but lol... this manwha is hilarious. The main character is literally a martial arts version of Luffy lol. This is a crazy manwha lol.

jaden767 likes this.
  9. Ashfahad123

Ashfahad123 Assalamualaikum

I finished Tokyo Ghoul and Tokyo Ghoul: Re, a couple of months ago. I am currently reading One Piece; started on March 15th. I am on the "Little Garden" island at the moment.
    Edit: On Chap 117.

jaden767 likes this.
  10. WildHennaCharizard

WildHennaCharizard Well-Known Member

I'm only reading two mangas right now, One Piece and Beastars

jaden767 likes this.
  11. shoz999

Reading Hardcore Leveling Warrior. @345ash-greninja I think you would enjoy reading this. It's an "Isekai" heavily influenced by the art-style & craziness of Gurren Lagann, from how the characters look & move to their wild cocky grins to the action, story & twists of it all, and I'm not a huge fan of Isekais and yet this is is easily in my Top 10 favorite manga/manhwa. Right now, I'm at the part where the dynamics of the whole world changed because of a certain character that you can't tell whose side he's on did something very unpredictable, yet fitting.

345ash-greninja likes this.
  12. shoz999

Gosu is back! Yes! The author made a full recovery months ago! His work is one of my Top 10 favorites! I'm glad the guy's health is much better now!

Leonhart likes this.
  13. shoz999

Finished the first main story of Magician. What a beautiful, sad, happy and yet strangely unsatisfactory way to finish the series. Also that guy's son, he's already a girl-seeking rascal compared to his gentleman father lol. Also love the new character designs when the teenagers finally grew into adults. Iremy especially looks more like a wise & mature witch who can be that mentor character, quite a change from her last outfit.

Ubermuk likes this.
  14. shoz999

Holy ****! I read Solo Leveling and I know why it's so popular now. Holy ****. The story is really good, it doesn't feel like the main character is a "chosen one" but actually earned his power and he's supposed to be essentially the "heroic knight in shining armor" right but the job class he earned is so unexpected that it defies a lot of hero tropes. I don't mean shonen tropes, I mean just hero tropes in-general. If I describe how surprising it is, it defies more tropes than the Shield Hero from the Shield Hero anime. The manwha is essentially an Isekai but it feels less like an MMO and more of a combination of Dark Souls & Legend of Zelda's dungeons full of puzzles.

Last edited: May 7, 2020
    TheCharredDragon and Ashfahad123 like this.
  15. Nodqfan

Nodqfan Well-Known Member

Been reading a really weird seinen series called Chiisai Nozomi to Ōki na Yume and trying to understand it.

From what I've gathered after reading the first volume A high school girl named Nozomi wakes up one day to find herself shrunk to 12cm tall or 4.7 inches tall with no memory of what happened to her other than her name, the fact that she's a high school student. After fleeing a cat, she finds herself in a studio apartment where an adult woman named Yume who has become a shut-in after quitting her job for some reason and when the two meet Yume believes that Nozomi is a drunken delusion created by her to help save her from being a shut-in,

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
    jaden767 likes this.
  16. Ashfahad123

Ashfahad123 Assalamualaikum

I've caught up with One Piece. Commence waiting each week, :(
    I've read all of Bas**** and I am also caught up with Home Sweet Home, both of which are amazing.

jaden767 and shoz999 like this.
  17. shoz999

Read the latest Tower of God chapter. Spoilers of course, this being Part 3.

After the shocking scene that happened at the cage, looks like tragedy might strike again for both the protagonist and antagonist this time. Or not, since Baam is finally going to use his new power. Although what I find interesting is that it's pretty normal for protagonists to have new powers right that it's become a trope all on it's own? The new power that Baam has happens to have a very dark cost and I don't mean the protagonist has to sacrifice something of himself, rather he has to sacrifice people, potentially in the thousands, in order to utilize this new power. That's rarely a thing in shonen don't you think? That's something the villain usually does. Then again the writer keeps mentioning how he wanted to get away from most of those tropes. Very morally questionable but at least Baam is taking this pretty responsibly, acknowledging that he's going to save his friends but that he's not the good guy.

Ubermuk and Ashfahad123 like this.
  18. shoz999

Read Ch. 68 of God of High School. You know the trope where the protagonist gets angry and overpowers the antagonist? I think I just witnessed the best "beat you to a bloody pulp" scene I've ever seen, at least the tamed shonen sort where there's a lack of blood.

I guess it's a bit spoiler-ish, but if I had to describe it. Imagine your in the antagonist's shoes and you wanna find out what the hero did to your partner-in-crime who you haven't heard back from in a while right? The hero doesn't answer and instead beats the **** out of you, using specific and precise moves to strike at you in specific body parts and when you find yourself attacked by those specific and precise moves to the point that he won't let you counterattack, that your effectively powerless, you realize that your partner-in-crime was in this same exact situation, that this has already played out before almost as if your living your partner-in-crime's life, inches away before he goes missing. Can't wait to see that animated in the upcoming anime, hopefully.

Last edited: May 29, 2020
    Ashfahad123 likes this.
  19. Ashscot

Ashscot Sheikah

Last chapter I was reading was in Kasane. I've been reading it real slowly for some reason.

Ubermuk likes this.
  20. shoz999

Read the latest chapter of Tower of God. It ended with happiness and hurrah for the hero, saving everyone! But, oh man. It ended in great tragedy for the villain, he not only lost everyone he ever cared about but they all died in vein, well ****. I kind of feel sorry for him. I was expecting him to be Tower of God's answer to One Piece's Akainu where fans would just hate his guts, was not expecting tragedy to hit me in the feels.