• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What manga series are you reading as of now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siddhar

Transcend
Vinland Saga and AoT, except that I'm waiting for new chapters. Apart from that, I also intend to continue from where Bungo Stray Dogs' anime left off.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Read Sweet Home.

It's strange. Have you ever seen a selfish cowardly character that you absolutely hated and then at the very last second, your actually starting to warm up to this character as she is given some great character development. This coward wants to stop being the coward, she wants to actually help and protect people after witnessing other people's heroism and just when that character finally wants to turn a new leaf after realizing how unhappy she was with her decisions and her life, she dies an unexpectedly tragic death. It's weird how one person perfectly described this moment, a satisfying and yet sad death because people still loathed her for what she did but at the same time, they'd feel she could've been redeemed if given a second chance.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I binge read Parasyte, and wow it was so good!
I don't like horror series generally but I give Parasyte a pass because of Reiko.

xEryChan

Demon Child
I am probably going to switch over to the One Piece manga after Fishman Island. I’m currently nesring the end of the arc in the anime so it seems like the perfect time to make the switch.

GrizzlyB

Confused and Dazed
I'm currently reading Edens Zero and Jujutsu Kaisen, so far I'm enjoying these series and can't wait to see the anime adaptation of it.
Have you read Rave/Fairy Tail, and if so, how do you think Edens Zero compares? I need to add some more weekly series, because all I've got currently is One Piece, and even though I got sick of Fairy Tail, Hiro Mashima is still 2/2 in long-running series that hold a weird amount of appeal for me. Though I'm also thinking about some other Jump series that I've heard are good, like Chainsaw Man and Spy x Family, if anyone reads those or anything else good.

I'm also going through The World God Only Knows. I didn't hate the anime adaption, but nearing the midway point of the manga, it clearly didn't do the manga justice. While several of Keima's captures that they skipped over to adapt the Goddesses arc aren't really "waifu" material I guess, they're pretty thematically interesting. There's also a lot of gradual characterization that I feel the anime cut out, or I don't remember it for some reason.

Nebbygetinthebag

Have you read Rave/Fairy Tail, and if so, how do you think Edens Zero compares? I need to add some more weekly series, because all I've got currently is One Piece, and even though I got sick of Fairy Tail, Hiro Mashima is still 2/2 in long-running series that hold a weird amount of appeal for me. Though I'm also thinking about some other Jump series that I've heard are good, like Chainsaw Man and Spy x Family, if anyone reads those or anything else good.

I'm also going through The World God Only Knows. I didn't hate the anime adaption, but nearing the midway point of the manga, it clearly didn't do the manga justice. While several of Keima's captures that they skipped over to adapt the Goddesses arc aren't really "waifu" material I guess, they're pretty thematically interesting. There's also a lot of gradual characterization that I feel the anime cut out, or I don't remember it for some reason.
I haven't read or watch Rave Masters and Fairy Tail so I can't really compare them.

I've read 6 chapter of Chainsaws Man and I find the series interesting so far, the art is really good and I like the characters haven't read Spy x Family but I do heard it's good so I definitely think you should check it out if you want to read other weekly series.

Last edited:

shoz999

Read the latest chapter of Gosu. Man, what a twist. I don't think I've ever seen anything like it since Aizen deceived Soul Society in Bleach.

Okay MASSIVE SPOILERS, but you know the evil Dark Lord trope, how stories build up the big evil bad? So apparently there is this big evil villain named Okcheonbi who is hyped up as the ultimate villain of the Gosuverse, utilizing demonic powers, since the first installment I think, never read Yongbi so I wouldn't know all the details but judging by what readers are saying, he was this OP villain pulling the strings. By the time our heroes meet this big bad villain, he's already on the verge of death. No epic fight, no epic conversation of wits, we only see this legendary villain already on his death bed, expressing how he wanted to be a great king of a powerful nation, not a infamous god of ruin. This legendary villain from another time expresses how he got outsmarted by the story's true mastermind, a sorcerer that played his allies like a fiddle and goddamn, this is so intriguing. I'm loving this sorcerer villain because we never see this guy fight once but from what we have seen from him is how he defeats his foes with his wits, how he is pulling the strings, how when his villainous "allies" realized he played them like a fiddle it is too late.

I think I may have found my next Aizen. Actually I suppose the difference between Aizen and this Sorcerer who I will not name is that his plans are actually not convoluted.

NPC

sleep researcher
I'm reading Dungeon Meshi aka Delicious in Dungeon. At first it seems like it's gonna be a cooking manga with a quirky "fantasy dungeon-crawling" backdrop, but it turns out to have approximately the best world-building I've found in a manga series in a very long time. Turns out it's a top-tier fantasy adventure that starts you off with low expectations and a very classic setting. It's also wonderfully paced, has lovely characters, and the art is fantastic.

I also started reading a gag manga called Me & Roboco which is only a few chapters in. It's about a young boy and his portly robo-maid in the near future. Each chapter is a comical misadventure focusing on some aspect of the character's lives, whether it's camping, school crushes, or Twitter. It also ruthlessly parodies and references popular ongoing manga like Jujutsu Kaisen and The Promised Neverland, along with Shounen Jump as a whole. It's a lot of fun.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I'm reading Dungeon Meshi aka Delicious in Dungeon. At first it seems like it's gonna be a cooking manga with a quirky "fantasy dungeon-crawling" backdrop, but it turns out to have approximately the best world-building I've found in a manga series in a very long time. Turns out it's a top-tier fantasy adventure that starts you off with low expectations and a very classic setting. It's also wonderfully paced, has lovely characters, and the art is fantastic.
Agreed, Delicious in Dungeon is great. Oh, you think it's just gonna be a fantasy manga with a cooking gimmick? Guess what, you're learning how ecological systems work now.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Let's see if I can remember everything:

Demon Slayer, Promised Neverland, My Hero Academia (both main series and the vigilantes spin-off), Pokémon Adventures (finished R/S arc but there's signs pointing to it being cancelled), One Punch Man, Sakura Card Captor Clear Card Arc, Sakura Wars, Hokuto no Ken, Saint Seiya Kanzenban Edition and Persona 5. With the exception of Persona 5, all of them are from the publishers in my country.

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
Before I say what I'm actually reading/following for now, I would like to mention a manga(? actually not really, it's a Korean webcomic...but Tower of God has been mentioned here so I think it still counts!) called Love Actually: Hades x Persephone. It's actually a spin-off of the author's comic Love Actually, hence the Hades x Persephone part, and I absolutely love it. I had found it because I jokingly searched "hades persephone anime/manga" and eventually that was a result.

As the name suggests, it's a story about Hades and Persephone from Greek mythology, specifically a reimagining of how they ended up together. It may be different from the myth, but I think it worked well foe the story. The art looked great to me, I just loved the designs for all the gods and goddesses (especially Thanatos. One of the most original designs I've seen of him) and it was great seeing the interactions between Hades and Persephone, aka I got my dose of Hades and Persephone fluff. In short, if you love Greek mythology, especially those two specifically, you'l probably REALLY like this. I know I do.

Now what I'm actually reading is two things, Fairy Tail: 100 Year Quest and Tonikaku Kawaii.

Yeah yeah, "Fairy Tail is bad", "Fairy Tail has too much power of friendship", "-insert FT arc here- was terrible", but I had finished watching Fairy Tail a while ago and I have never loved an anime as much as FT, so of course I read the sequel manga and, honestly, I'm loving it so far and what they've done in it especially the shipping moments. And I don't mind the bi-weekly schedule since that means I can focus on other things while waiting. So yeah, even if it's not the most amazing thing in the world compared to other works, I love it.

Just like Tonikaku Kawaii and oh my gosh do I love it. Like with FT, I watched the anime first and that was such an absolute blast that I decided to read the manga and it didn't disappoint. Even without the numerous references to pop culture (including Western media) and the jokes about it (like the MC, Nasa, was hit by Truck-kun in the beginning but didn't get isekai'd thanks to his future-wife, Tsukasa, saving him), it's a pretty heartwarming and hilarious story of a married couple navigating married life and being, well, couple-y around each other. And also an occasional wacky adventure and the cast commenting about said adventure (like them joking about bath episodes and common tropes in anime and stuff, likd death flags). I would definitely reccomend reading it if you want some heartwarming stuff.

Oh and I also finished reading The Promised Neverland a long while ago (binged on it actually). I thought it was good, if not great. And I was fine with how it ended. Yes even with what happened with Emma. I thought it compromised weel between being a fitting consequence for what happened and getting the happy ending that I at least wanted, though I had a feeling some wouldn't see it that way (from what I remember of some people's thoughts on the ending anyway).

NPC

sleep researcher
Started reading Golden Kamuy shortly before New Years and haven't been able to stop since. A carefully-researched, wonderfully-drawn historical adventure with unforgettable characters. The clean style and character designs remind of FMA in their down-to-earth simplicity, yet the author keeps finding new and exciting situations to throw at the cast. Everyone should read this.

shoz999

fBq53oF.png

Reading The Boxer, a new manhwa that's been getting real popular recently for it's unorthodox storytelling. What makes this so appealing is that you see much of the story told through the POV of every challenger, every antagonist, and every adversary our protagonist faces.

No matter how cruel or despicable some may appear, the story will often remind you that they are human beings with hopes, dreams, flaws, interesting and often tragic backstories, friends and family that are rooting for them. And for a brief moment, you realize each of them have the potential to be the shonen protagonist of their very own manga, the underdog hero of their own story only to later realize... they aren't the main character. The one crushing their dreams is.

shoz999

Read the latest chapter of The Boxer.

The manhwa went into a very unexpected direction. Everyone thought Yu was going to beat his opponent down like always but Yu's Coach decided to take things even further against Yu's opponent, a boxer who cheats, blackmails, and takes steroids. Holy ****. Yu's Coach is not playing around. He is putting Yu on the dark path to victory. To quote one person in the comments, "I don’t think I’ve ever seen a man more doomed than Yu's opponent right now."

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
That's Horimiya done, and honestly, I'll always feel left wanting more.
There's so many things that were slightly touched up on and never fully explored.

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
Oh gosh have I been reading WAY more manga and manhwa than I have ever done in my LIFE and I am both enjoying it and complaining to myself about jumping into another medium rabbit hole...

So for now I'm just gonna a list the ones I wanna mention that I've read and am reading, starting with the one that kickstarted my new reading spree:

Shingetsutan Tsukihime, the manga adaptation of the visual novel of Type-Moon, Tsukihime. I had finished the visual novel not too long ago and decided to read the manga because I knew it adapted Arcuied's route of VN. And boy there's a reason why Nasu himself loves this adaptation. Though in my case I probably just love this manga 'cause it's Tsukihime and it's focusing on my favorite girl from it. XD And also really liking how the manga ended over the VN. I would definitely recommend this manga if you wanna kinda know Tsukihime but not up to reading the VN.

When I finished reading the manga though, which I took my time to savor, I wanted to read more. So, I decided to finally get into a series a friend of mine loves. And yeah, it's One Piece. I'm loving the series so far. At the time of writing this, I'm in the early parts of what I'm assuming is called the Thriller Bark arc (don't wanna look up in case of spoilers cuz PARANOID) and I gotta say I kinda like this "island" the most so far. But it might just be the whole "haunted house" aspect and, well, Brooks. He embodies quite a lot of my favorite things in life. Here's me hoping he becomes my number one character of One Piece.

Since then, as I've said, I have started reading a whole bunch of manga and manhwa. But the main ones I'm gonna mention are ones I feel others should know.

Megami Ibunroku Persona, a finished manga that adapts the very first Persona game's story. Just like with Tsukihime, I would definitely recommend this to any Persona fan interested in the first game's story. Especially since everyone in the party gets a chance to be part of the story.

All Around Type-Moon - Ahnenerbe no Nichijou, a short finished manga that is an adaptation of a drama CD called All Around Type-Moon, as the name suggests it involves TM franchises. And not just Fate/stay night. No, it also includes the many Fate spin-offs, including Hollow Ataraxia, Extra and Prisma Illya, Tsukihime and The Garden of Sinners/Kara no Kyoukai and they're all having whacky fun times and interesting interactions.

And finally, I Married the Male Lead's Dad/I Became the Hero's Mom, an ongoing manhwa I'm reading that's, unsurprisingly, based on a web novel. Don't let the title fool those who think it'll be cliché...okay maybe it might be cliché for some since it's an isekai and I started reading jt because I was basically looking for a manga/manhwa where the female MC becomes a mom and her relationship with her soon-to-be-step-son is just so precious, but gosh dang it, is it so much more. It cannot be anything else but an isekai because there is a plot twist that just recontextualizes a whole lot of stuff that I think wouldn't work if it wasn't an isekai and the MC hadn't already known about the world she ended up in prior which can perfectly summed up with a line that the MC says (along the lines of) "I thought the genre was fantasy romance! Not a thriller mystery?!" and that made me eye pop because I also had the same question the the MC/female lead had and is trying to solve so now I'm just so excited and worried for how this is gonna go and argh...! Tl;dr I came in for the romance and fluffiness with the kind, plot twist happened, now the romance and kid means a lot more to me because that plot twist adding another genre to the story. Or even simpler...I WOULD DEFINITELY REC THIS. But maybe it might be just me ad this manhwa just ticks off a whole bunch of stuff I personally like... But still. Also I wish I could read the novel but it seems that doesn't have an English translation so...that's out for me... yes i love this manhwa as much as tonikaku kawaii can't you tell?

shoz999

Read the latest chapter of Escape Room.

I knew Heather, the main female character, did something terrible but I gotta admit, that took me by surprise. Almost reminds me of Monster's Johan Liebert.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Monster #8 has been a fun read so far. I can see why it's growning on popularity

shoz999

Never realized this but someone said Solo Leveling was basically Sword Art Online if it actually made sense, didn't had cringey romance, and the plot and characters were actually good. Hmm... I kind of actually agree with that. No offense, SAO fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.