• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What memories has Pokemon created in your life?

GoldenLegend

I want to know what Pokémon meant to the people who grew up with it? What kind of friendships did you make along the way? Where did your journey take you? Did it ever help you through anything?

The reason why I ask is because of recent events in my life. My cousin and I were both children of divorced parents. We would only see each other once a month. Pokémon was everything playing, watching, and collecting cards. We would constantly trade, battle, go get a new pack of cards, and just be kids. Right when we hit our teens are parents moved away from each other. I hadn't seen him for years, until a couple months ago. We hung out and talked about our lives, and sure enough Pokémon came up. This guy had Pokémon Cards on him! It just amazed me and I felt like I gained my brother back.
He suffered from Borderline Personality Disorder otherwise known as BPD. This caused an emotional imbalance for him that he dealt with for years. He had told me that it was getting worse over the last few years. The depression and anxiety was eating away at him. He couldn't hold a job, didn't have his license, and never graduated highschool. Living out of his girlfriends car and just a lost soul. If Pokémon taught me anything is friends help friends. So I got a winter beater vehicle as a gift when we got his license, found an apartment close to a therapy center and night school for him to get his GED.
But it didn't matter. He took his life a couple weeks ago. 8 months sober, signed donor papers the week before, and hung himself in a way that would keep his heart beating but he would be brain dead. This way all the organs would be preserved for harvesting. This just shocked me so much. I was heart broken, but also so proud to be able to call him family. I immediately went and re watched all of season 1, the Indingo league. It was so emotional for me but so helped me so much.

Also I want to get a tattoo to remember him by, his favorite Pokémon was mimikyu. If you have any good art please post!