• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What moments in Pokemon have touched your heart?

Cartoonami

To know the unkown
Mewtwo Strikes Back, Do I hear a Ralts, Gotta Catch Ya Later. These are just three out of many Pokemon stories in the anime(movie or show) that contain heart-tearing moments. In this thread, discuss scenes or whole stories of Pokmon-dom that have touched you, moved you, or even made you cry. Because at least one person will cry when Celebi dies in 4Ever.;385;

Lil Brother

Just kinda there.
Yes, Jirachi is so relevant to that post.

I think I've gotten a bit wet during Togetic's goodbye and the Max-Carrying-Ralts scene. I actually liked the song 4Kids used, believe it or not. I think it fits the scene better than Smile could have, but I haven't seen the Japanese version. The main thing that made the Togetic scene was the sunset setting, which actually worked for once. Thank you, Japanese animators.

When I was 8 years old, Pikachu's Goodbye managed to get a cry out of me. There was actually a mini-contest of sorts with the neighborhood boys including me to see who could cry the longest. XD

I have always thought the sad scene in Strikes Back was stupid, even as a little kid. No, it's not the content itself, it's 4Kids's God awful song choice. Brother, My Brother sucks, sucks, sucks. I've heard the music used in the original, and it is so much better. I am dying to see the original version or a subbed version of that movie. :(

Last edited:

Rugia

Alright!
Pikachu's Goodbye( despite the fact that I knew Ash wasn't really going to leave Pikachu) was pretty sad for me.

Kabuto

little punks!
Bye bye Butterfree, Pikachu's Goodbye, and even Charizards Burning Ambitions, were tear jerkers.

HoennMaster

Bye Bye Butterfree, Pikachu's Goodbye, Charizards Burning Ambitions, and Gotta Catch Ya Later!

MidnightScott

Super Gamer
Just about at every sad part, lol. Anytime the Pokémon are "fighting to the death" and the parts when a Pokémon or human die.

~Scott;229;

Kthleen

Wayfaring stranger
I cried when Lapras left. Ash dying in the first movie, Butterfree leaving, and maybe Pikachu's Goodbye all made me cry at one point or another.

Zoy_Herotic

Charizard Trainer
The parts that touched me were when Butterfree, Primeape (yes Primeape) Pidgeot, Charizard, Lapras and Squirtle left. I also cried in the first movie during the 'Brother my Brother' scene, and when Ash was turned to stone and all the Pokemon were crying!

Musapion

Boulder Trainer
Ignorance is Blissey, the 'fight' with Blissey, the ending, and when little Jessie parted ways with Chansey. T-T Pikachu's Goodbye, first movie Ash being a stupidhead and running between Mew and Mewtwo... :p

Lucario. Aaron. Ending of eighth movie.
SOBS.
Kasumi and Togechikku. ;-; Didn't see it dubbed. ^^;
Roketto-dan letting go of Lugia's leg in the second movie was awfully touching. The Butler and Diane thing in the sixth movie was touching too...

And the Chiisaki Mono video with Jirachi and Masato, if it counts. ^^; Waaah! Butterfree leaving made me whimper and shiver but I don't think I /cried.../

pikachus goodbye was really sad

FlamingRuby

The magic of Pokemon
"Do I Hear a Ralts?" holds the distiction of making me want to cry twice in the same episode:

--When Max was crying for Ralts, I wanted to cry with him.
--Ralts promise to Max at the end make me a little watery-eyed.

Medea

Excalibur
Bye Bye Butterfree-Just very sad to see Butterfree is all.
The Lost Lapras-Lapras was such a sweetheart and I couldn't stand seeing it abused. And when Ash and Lapras fell in the water...Oh my goodness (You all thought I was going to mention Tracey huh)
Tracey Gets Bugged-Any episode with Tracey in it can touch my heart and the bond between Tracey and Scyther just got to me.
Gotta Catch Ya Later-Being the Pokeshipper that I am, this one was one to always remember.
A Togepi Miracle-THE ONLY EPISODE TO MAKE ME CRY! Misty and Togetic...*sobs*
Do I Hear A Ralts?-I will be the first to say that I hate Max with the deepest passion, but when I saw Max and Ralts together like that...It was just...loss of words here, I'm stopping here :p

littlestchristian13

ThatEmoMetal-head <3
pikachu's goodbye, and byebye butterfree, I never have once cried watching a movie or show. but it was sad. I knew pikachu wouldn't leave though..xD

skarmachild

Cheer up.
Ignorance is Blissey, the 'fight' with Blissey, the ending, and when little Jessie parted ways with Chansey.
Team Rocket letting go of Lugia's leg in the second movie was awfully touching.

Mine. Team Rocket have managed to get the emotion out of me, brilliant characters often spoiled by the writers.

alyssa

<3 Cutie;
the episode that made my cry was pikachu goodbye and true blue swablu

game_mayhem

I'm too coo', foo'
The very first one was when butterfree was realeased and any other episode where pokemon are realeased.

nap*

Yeah Baby!
When Ash, Misty and Brock and so other woman were about to "die" Chikorita evolved just to save them.
When Ash lost in the PKMN league (Indigo Plateau)
*Ash always loses to a friend he meets*

Musical Mayhem

~Simple and Clean~
Pikachu's goodbye: My god I cried at the end, even though I KNEW he would never leave Pikachu.
A Togepi Miracle: Togetic left poor Misty. I cried then too.
Pokemon Heroes: I know it was corny, but when Latios sacrificed himself for his sister... Pure sadness