• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What Moves SHOULDN'T They Get?

TheASC

Master of Mastering
But Snorlax. But SNORLAX!!! BUT SNORLAX!!!

He obviously floats above it, like Jesus.

No, but seriously, I don't even know he had this move. How the hell this can happen.

Well, given his sheer size, even with his weight his density is low enough that he can float on water.

Of course, by that logic, Electrode should get Surf and Wailord should be able to Fly, but whatever.

SnowyHill

Snow Warning
Why does Wooper get Ice Punch? I mean I guess the tail but that's stupid

And how does Aegislash get Iron Head and Head Smash? I wouldn't call anything it has a "head"

Rio!

Composer
Landorus-i should not get calm mind!!! It is not a psychic type at all!!

Just because a Pokemon learns a specific-type move doesn't mean the Attacks themselves should all line up with that Pokemon's natural type though.

Creeper

om nom nom
Infernape gets it too!!!!! It's not like a psychic type at all!!!!!

The ability to focus warrants the ability to use Calm Mind, not the type. If you can suffiently calm yourself, the Pokémon can use Calm Mind.

Zubat learning Mean Look.

Xenomata

MS Paint Sableye
What about that one episode in the anime with the "Water-proof" Rhydon? Remember how other Rock and Ground type pokemon were freaking out simply by having water drop drip on them ONCE (and then Brocks Onyx flipping out when a lot begins to spill on it) ? I can't remember if it was ever explained how that Rhydon wasn't freaking out whenever it was in the water.

Anyways, for my presentation, Tyrunt/Tyrantrum and Charm. I can't even fathom how anything in its right mind would fall for it.

Rio!

Composer
Anyways, for my presentation, Tyrunt/Tyrantrum and Charm. I can't even fathom how anything in its right mind would fall for it.
But Tyrunt is so darn cute how can you not want to pinch its over-sized jaws!

Since we're talking about tyrunt/tyrantrum i'm also going to note that it shouldn't get horn drill. Neither pokemon has a horn/horns, so it doesn't make sense. The closest thing they have to horns are the ridges on their heads, but that's not that horn-like.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
Why does Wooper get Ice Punch? I mean I guess the tail but that's stupid

And how does Aegislash get Iron Head and Head Smash? I wouldn't call anything it has a "head"

Wooper grows arms when it evolves into Quagsire. That probably explains it.

As for Aegislash with Head Smash/Iron Head, I guess it performs the move with that spike on the top of its hilt. That's what I'm assuming might be its actual "head".

One that always puzzled me was one said earlier, the Fennekin line learning Power-Up Punch. Those foxes don't look like they can punch something, and they already have terrible Attack stat anyway.