• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What Moves SHOULDN'T They Get?

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
And you will know that diglett doesn't have hands.

Yet they can learn moves like Shadow Claw and Scratch. But they did mention Diglett having feet in PMD Red and Blue

Luce

Milktank with Rollout anyone? (Really. Just. Don't. Mess. With. Whitney.)
Also... Dunsparce with Roost? Why do they make it like that anyway?

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Anyways, for my presentation, Tyrunt/Tyrantrum and Charm. I can't even fathom how anything in its right mind would fall for it.

Charm is あまえる in Japanese (translating roughly as "Spoiled Pout"). Given its proclivity to hissy fits and a royal sense of entitlement, it's a case of being lost in translation.

Rio!

Composer
Charm is あまえる in Japanese (translating roughly as "Spoiled Pout"). Given its proclivity to hissy fits and a royal sense of entitlement, it's a case of being lost in translation.

This makes me like it even more now when I thought it wasn't possible. 8D

I've noticed that the Rhydon line is perhaps the most over-represented pokemon in this thread. Just wanted to point it out there. Don't get me wrong, the pokemon is awesome, but wow..so many things in both the anime and the games just don't fit when you focus on that pokemon line.

Xenomata

MS Paint Sableye

Well that makes more sense than Pokemon falling for the "Charm" of the thing...

But here's another one: Dream Eater and most Pokemon that can learn it via TM. A lot of them don't even have the ability to put foes to sleep, or heck a few of them (Aipom comes to mind) don't even have psychic abilities...

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
Well that makes more sense than Pokemon falling for the "Charm" of the thing...

But here's another one: Dream Eater and most Pokemon that can learn it via TM. A lot of them don't even have the ability to put foes to sleep, or heck a few of them (Aipom comes to mind) don't even have psychic abilities...

Unfortunately the same thing applies to wake up slap.

Most of the Pokémon capable of learning wake up slap can't learn any move that puts Pokémon to sleep.

Granted, putting a foe to sleep is not needed to use the move, but really, most fighting-types are a lot better off with better fighting-type moves as the base damage on that move isn't very good.

Xenomata

MS Paint Sableye
Unfortunately the same thing applies to wake up slap.

Most of the Pokémon capable of learning wake up slap can't learn any move that puts Pokémon to sleep.

Granted, putting a foe to sleep is not needed to use the move, but really, most fighting-types are a lot better off with better fighting-type moves as the base damage on that move isn't very good.

Of course putting them to sleep isn't required, it just makes the move more powerful.
But Dream Eater is dependent on the target being asleep, which, at least for me, defeats the purpose of giving it to so many pokemon who don't have any form of sleep induction.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon

Xenomata

MS Paint Sableye
I think I have an explanation for this.

Maybe he can make some of his gas into a hand.

Correct.

"Gastly has no true form, due to its body being 95% poisonous gas."

"It has further been shown changing form and creating illusions, and it is capable of phasing through solid objects and forming tangible hands out of its gasses."

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Can't think of anything that bothers me off the top of my head, but maybe I can try to justify a few of these other things...

Snorlax getting Self Destruct. FAT GUY NO GO BOOM BOOM.
C'mon, what's more self destructive than being a slothful glutton?

Salamence getting Hydro Pump. Nothing aquatic about it.
Salamence is named after a salamander in both its Japanese and English names, and a salamander is kind of aquatic. Not much, but eh.

Lickylicky's explosion. I understand it is a good excuse for a normal type to have explosion, being Lickylicky is the only one, but I do not think it makes any sense for a biological creature to explode.
Maybe it just acts like a lickilicky that had a bad meal at Taco Bell earlier. o_0

Beheeyem learns Steel Wing in generation 6. It hasn't even got any wings. Makes no sense at all.
Am I the only one who suspects that making beeheeyem always able to use TM 51 was an Area 51 reference? It is an alien after all.

Snorlax and Whirlwind.

Why?
I always figured fat, wingless pokémon as belly bumping opponents away when using whirlwind. If not logical, at least funny.

Aggron, Tyranitar and Rhydon might be weak to water, but just because they are weak to water doesn't know they don't know how to swim.

Frankly I think the fact these can learn surf has to do with the fact that they can swim. I don't see the issue.
I certainly don't think that a water type weakness necessarily means getting wet would hurt them, but the fact that pokémon that are made of dense things such as rock and iron can swim more adeptly than a regular human is somewhat bizarre. One would think being in a deep body of water would cause them to sink.

At any rate how about Conkeldurr being able to use Grass Knot?

It doesn't have any psychic ability nor does it appear to be in tune with nature, so how exactly is it using it?

I meen is it dropping it's Concrete, trying to physically tie the knot with it's huge hands, all while the opponent doesn't notice it doing so?
The tripping seems to be the most staple part of grass knot, so if a non-grass type uses it I picture it as just tripping up the target with whatever it has. Conkeldurr could likely use its concrete canes to sweep beneath its opponent to make them fall.

Infernape gets it too!!!!! It's not like a psychic type at all!!!!!
Infernape using calm mind just makes me think of this.

Zubat learning Mean Look.
I never got why people thought zubat using mean look makes no sense. It doesn't have to be looking at someone in a mean way, it could also involve making ones' face look mean, which I could picture a zubat doing.

The anime showed Milktank's Rollout in action; it curls itself into a ball and rolls.

I think Luce just meant he wished miltank didn't learn rollout because it was frustrating to face in Goldenrod Gym.

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
After seeing all the ridiculous movesets Pokemon have now I've just givin up on Pokemon move logic.... Apparently Satoshi thinks logic or at least move logic is for pussies.

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
Another thing that doesn't make sense to me is how does EVERY Pokémon, including the ones that aren't toxic at all, learn the move toxic?

I don't see how Floatzel for example can learn that move.