• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What Moves SHOULDN'T They Get?

Pichu learning Nasty Plot

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
We all knew it was only a matter of time before Rare Candy Treatment made its way into this thread.

But on that note, there's also the matter of Electrode with Sucker Punch.

Those are very funny images, I will admit that. =D

Most Normal types. They have an incredibly wide movepool, yet it makes little sense. Rattata being able to use Fire Blast doesn't make sense.
Raticate can't learn fire blast, nor can its pre-evolution.

But I do agree with that point though.

What sense does it make that a bull is able to use fire blast?

Then again, it's not a normal bull but a Pokémon. So I guess I can give that one a pass.

TheASC

Master of Mastering
Considering so many people mentioned surf, I decided to make this list:
Psyduck
Poliwag (It was specifically stated in the manga that it couldn't carry a trainer through water 'till it evolved. Dat's using surf)
Lickitung
Rhydon
Kangaskhan
Tauros
Snorlax (wut?)
Sentret
Qwilfish (ouch!)
Miltank
Tyranitar
Makuhita
Aggron
Rampardos
Munchlax
Audino
Almost every gen6 (inc. Avalugg)

Why???

Gampi

ガンピ
Xerneas and Night Slash.

Xerneas gives life, yet learns a move which is named Crossroad Killing in Japan. Unless this was intended as some sort of irony?

????

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
Considering so many people mentioned surf, I decided to make this list:
Psyduck
Poliwag (It was specifically stated in the manga that it couldn't carry a trainer through water 'till it evolved. Dat's using surf)
Lickitung
Rhydon
Kangaskhan
Tauros
Snorlax (wut?)
Sentret
Qwilfish (ouch!)
Miltank
Tyranitar
Makuhita
Aggron
Rampardos
Munchlax
Audino
Almost every gen6 (inc. Avalugg)

Why???

With most of these I don't see the issue.

Aggron, Tyranitar and Rhydon might be weak to water, but just because they are weak to water doesn't know they don't know how to swim.

Frankly I think the fact these can learn surf has to do with the fact that they can swim. I don't see the issue.

Though I will have to agree with you that it makes no sense that Tauros can learn surf.

How can a bull swim? What sense does that make? Not even Tauros's feet look suitable for swimming.

Murder Doll

Button Presser
Though I will have to agree with you that it makes no sense that Tauros can learn surf.

How can a bull swim? What sense does that make? Not even Tauros's feet look suitable for swimming.

Doggy paddle your way across Hoenn...lol at any rate how about Conkeldurr being able to use Grass Knot?

It doesn't have any psychic ability nor does it appear to be in tune with nature, so how exactly is it using it?

I meen is it dropping it's Concrete, trying to physically tie the knot with it's huge hands, all while the opponent doesn't notice it doing so?

Rio!

Composer
Just because a Pokémon is weak to water doesn't mean it doesn't know how to swim.

Have you ever heard of the term "conquering your fears"? I think that applies to Pokémon able to learn surf who are weak to water.

Plus, it's probably just a basic survival skill Pokemon have, especially those large, monster-grouped Pokemon.
The only type that absolutely cannot learn any Surf moves are fire types.

Last edited: