• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What moves would you like to see for Pokemon that wasn't able to learn in Gen 7 and below?

raichu27

Heatran: Scald (hot water/steam comes from metal pipes)

Swirlx and Slurpuff: Lick (it was seen licking in the anime)

Amaura and Aurorus: Power Gem (They have gym stones and higher Special Attack)

Heliolisk: Sunny Day and Solarbeam (It's a solar Pokemon)

Empoleon: Drill Run

Magearna: Power Gem

Lycanroc: Play Rough

Scizor: Crabhammer

That's all I can think of, atm.

Last edited:

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
I hope:
Walrein learns Slack Off
Regice, Regirock, Registeel learn Recover
Lumineon learns Quiver Dance
Drifblim learns Roost
Sliggoo learns Shell Smash
Palossand learns Trick Room and Shadow Sneak
Onix/Steelix learns Coil
Corsola learns Baton Pass
Klinklang learns Iron Head and Zing Zap

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Inkay/Malamar- I think that they should be able to learn Gunk Shot by either move tutor or breeding and Octozooka by breeding as a form of ink attacks. Maybe Smokescreen as well.. Octozooka should definitely be given to these two considering the in-game description of the attack is, the fact that squids can produce ink, and both Pokémon can breed with Octillery.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I think Goodra on Shell Smash would be way too strong tbh. It has plenty of bulk on the special side to be able to set that up and a very wide movepool to make use of it. Shell Smash tends to be distributed only to pokémon with either a poor movepool (like Minior, and Minior also needs to reach Core form before it can really sweep) or poor stats to work with (like Magcargo). Cloyster is a bit of an exception but even there Cloyster's special bulk is so terrible it tends to be difficult for it to really set up. Goodra has significantly better stats than Cloyster. You don't see them giving Shell Smash to pokémon like Blastoise or the Tapus either.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Why do only ‘cute’ Pokemon learn Nasty Plot? The big bad ones like Hydreigon and Mewtwo should be able to learn it as well, since you’re literally thinking up an evil plot.

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
I think Goodra on Shell Smash would be way too strong tbh. It has plenty of bulk on the special side to be able to set that up and a very wide movepool to make use of it. Shell Smash tends to be distributed only to pokémon with either a poor movepool (like Minior, and Minior also needs to reach Core form before it can really sweep) or poor stats to work with (like Magcargo). Cloyster is a bit of an exception but even there Cloyster's special bulk is so terrible it tends to be difficult for it to really set up. Goodra has significantly better stats than Cloyster. You don't see them giving Shell Smash to pokémon like Blastoise or the Tapus either.
Disagree. I think it will give Goodra its niche over the other dragons that can set up Dragon Dance and what not.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Disagree. I think it will give Goodra its niche over the other dragons that can set up Dragon Dance and what not.
There's an enormous difference between Dragon Dance and Shell Smash. A Goodra outspeeds essentially the entire game after a single Shell Smash, with only a handful of exceptions like Alolan Raichu under Electric Terrain. There are indications that they initially planned Shell Smash for Kommo-o but that never came to fruition in the actual game simply because it was too strong, and Goodra has similar stats to Kommo-o, albeit more focused on special defence, which would allow it to set it up easier than Kommo-o.

Marzbar

Not sure what, but more Pokémon need to learn Power Trip. Something that’s bulky and has decent ATK to make the most of it. Maybe.... Mudsdale because it works well with its Stamina ability

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
Psychic Fangs for more of the bitey pokemon e.g Mawile,Luxray,Feraligatr and Tyrantrum etc)
Terrain moves to be more widespread in general.
Toxic Thread for Joltik and Dustox
Leafage for more pre-gen 7 grass types.
Spiky Shield for Sandslash (both)
Mystical Fire for Kanto Ninetales
Horn Leech for Pinsir,Heracross, Stantler and Girafarig
Reflect Type for Grimer(Both), Politoed. Butterfree and Mr. Mime
Rock Wrecker for Aloan Golem.

Last edited:

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Horn Leech for Pinsir,Heracross, Stantler and Girafarig

That makes a lot of sense. Why should only Sawsbuck and Gogoat learn Horn Leech?

STADIUM

Boulder Trainer
I've thought about this topic a few times, and the move I want to see on more pokémon the most is Crab Hammer. Armaldo, Scizor, Parasect, Crustle, Drapion, Guzzlord, Gliscor... I think all of them could make good use of it and fits well with their designs.

Other than that, Mirror Move on Mr. Mime could be fun, but I don't know if the original Japanese name of it has any meaning that makes it only fit flying types. (?)

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Other than that, Mirror Move on Mr. Mime could be fun, but I don't know if the original Japanese name of it has any meaning that makes it only fit flying types. (?)
Mirror Move’s Japanese name (Parrot Mimicry) does references Flying-types so I don’t think it non-bird like Pokémon will be getting the move anytime soon.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Mirror Move’s Japanese name (Parrot Mimicry) does references Flying-types so I don’t think it non-bird like Pokémon will be getting the move anytime soon.

Huh, can Chatot learn Mirror Move? Since it’s, you know, a parrot.

Ferrothorn should be able to learn Spiky Shield.

I think any Pokemon with spikes or spike-like apparatus should learn Spiky Shield. Pineco could work since pine cones have something like spikes around them, and Jolteon has spiky fur.

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I’ve always wanted to see Ferrothorn learn Steamroller for coverage and became seeing it get onto its side with its vines forming a circle so it can roll like a wheel seems so perfect. Phanpy And Donphan should also get it as a reliable way to deal with Grass types.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Donphan already gets Gunk Shot and Ice Shard to deal with Grass types. Steamroller is one of those moves that just isn't powerful enough to be worthwhile as coverage (as much as Bug is even worthwhile as a coverage typing to begin with when most relevant Grass types aren't even weak to Bug), and Donphan and Ferrothorn also just don't have the speed to take advantage of it causing flinches either.

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
Donphan already gets Gunk Shot and Ice Shard to deal with Grass types. Steamroller is one of those moves that just isn't powerful enough to be worthwhile as coverage (as much as Bug is even worthwhile as a coverage typing to begin with when most relevant Grass types aren't even weak to Bug), and Donphan and Ferrothorn also just don't have the speed to take advantage of it causing flinches either.
This topic is called what moves would YOU like pokemon to learn, so I don't think you need to challenge everyone's opinion about what they would like a pokemon to learn. Why don't you give some of your own opinions? :)

On topic, I would love for the Regis to get a signature move. It could be Assimiliation (like recover) or something else but I feel like they could use something cool to help them stand out.