• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What moves would you like to see for Pokemon that wasn't able to learn in Gen 7 and below?

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
This topic is called what moves would YOU like pokemon to learn, so I don't think you need to challenge everyone's opinion about what they would like a pokemon to learn. Why don't you give some of your own opinions? :)
Without engagement and discussion, what's the point? Then it's just a random list of moves and pokémon combinations with very little if any argumentation or basis, hence very little if any value. From discussion and engagement, from argumentation, you can actually learn new perspectives and grow. I already gave my own ideas in the previous thread in this forum that people don't seem to be using any more.

Anyway, if you want some ideas:
  • Zeraora should get Magnet Rise
  • Salandit and Salazzle should get Sunny Day
  • Bewear should get Mega Punch and Power-Up Punch
  • Meowstic should get Psychic Terrain
  • Meganium could get Floral Healing
  • Umbreon and Hydreigon could get Nasty Plot
  • Celebi should get a signature move with time-travelling effects, like rolling over turn counters on effects such as terrains, dynamaxing, weather, screens, and volatile status effects
  • Dialga and Palkia should get signature abilities. Dialga could get a time-manipulator ability which increases the duration of all timed effects set by Dialga and its allies while decreasing the duration of all effects set by opponents, while Palkia could get space-manipulator ability which gives a 30% chance to automatically Ally Switch at the start of the turn after move selection.
  • Kyurem could get Glaciate for the fused forms, skip the charge turns on Freeze Shock and Ice Burn in hail, and have some sort of improved form which sets up extreme hail weather.
  • Mew should get Sketch

Last edited:

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
Without engagement and discussion, what's the point? Then it's just a random list of moves and pokémon combinations with very little if any argumentation or basis, hence very little if any value. From discussion and engagement, from argumentation, you can actually learn new perspectives and grow. I already gave my own ideas in the previous thread in this forum that people don't seem to be using any more.

You can engage without challenging and putting down other people's wishes and wants. Sometimes people just want something, doesn't mean they also want to defend it and talk about the functionality of it. You can engage by adding to their ideas.

Anyway, if you want some ideas:
  • Zeraora should get Magnet Rise
  • Salandit and Salazzle should get Sunny Day
  • Bewear should get Mega Punch and Power-Up Punch
  • Meowstic should get Psychic Terrain
  • Meganium could get Floral Healing
  • Umbreon and Hydreigon could get Nasty Plot
  • Celebi should get a signature move with time-travelling effects, like rolling over turn counters on effects such as terrains, dynamaxing, weather, screens, and volatile status effects
  • Dialga and Palkia should get signature abilities. Dialga could get a time-manipulator ability which increases the duration of all timed effects set by Dialga and its allies while decreasing the duration of all effects set by opponents, while Palkia could get space-manipulator ability which gives a 30% chance to automatically Ally Switch at the start of the turn after move selection.
  • Kyurem could get Glaciate for the fused forms, skip the charge turns on Freeze Shock and Ice Burn in hail, and have some sort of improved form which sets up extreme hail weather.
  • Mew should get Sketch

These are all great ideas and make sense. Zeraora has the speed to pull off Magnet Rise, which is great. Meowstic has Prankster which would give priority to Psychic Terrain which would make it the second best pokemon to set up Psychic Terrain outside Tapu Lele. Nasty Plot Hydreigon would be great, it needs a good set up move. Floral Healing would be fun on Meganium (and I think it gets Grassy Terrain), but I also think Bellossom should get it as well, it would make sense on the two of them.

Celebi definitely needs a signature move. I feel like it is outclassed by the other "mew clones" like Jirachi (para flincher), Victini (great movepool with good accuracy), and Manaphy (tail glow). Heck, even Shaymin has a signature move. Also, absolutely agree on the Kyurem changes, it also needs more physical ice moves! And Mew learning Sketch makes so much sense but is so scary to think about.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Druddigon should get dragon dance. (Really, how does it not have it?)

I could’ve sworn Druddigon can learn DD, because I think I saw Drayden’s Druddigon use it in an LP of Black 2.

Nasty Plot Hydreigon would be great, it needs a good set up move.

And it makes sense as well, since Hydreigon is often seen as an ‘evil’ Pokemon (as with Ghetsis).

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
WAIT!!! It doesn't learn Drill Run!? What nonsense is that Game Freak?

I thought it did. I mean Fearow can learn it by level up!

Fearow can learn Drill Run because it can use its beak like a drill.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
Or it's face???

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I don't really know how Steelix would be able to use Drill Run. With its tail I suppose?

Most users of Drill Run have either horns or some other sharp body parts eg. claws or beaks.
The games have shown the body segments spinning rapidly like a drill. I can’t remember right now if it’s an idle animation or an attacking one. But it definitely has been shown.

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
Unfezant: Brave Bird, Wing Attack, Double Edge, Jump Kick.
Swanna: Hydro Pump, Blizzard.
I’d also like all the birds to get Smart Strike.

Kingudora

My favourite
The games have shown the body segments spinning rapidly like a drill. I can’t remember right now if it’s an idle animation or an attacking one. But it definitely has been shown.
That's true, each part of its body can rotate, so the end of the tail should too.

Unfezant: Brave Bird, Wing Attack, Double Edge, Jump Kick.
Swanna: Hydro Pump, Blizzard.
I’d also like all the birds to get Smart Strike.
The problem is that Smart Strike is called Smart Horn in Japanese, and is exclusive to pokémon with horns.

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
Unfezant should also learn Drill Peck, Bounce, and some more coverage moves. I hope it gets Night Slash by Level up instead of just breeding.