• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What moves would you like to see for Pokemon that wasn't able to learn in Gen 7 and below?

Kingudora

My favourite
But what about Togekiss? It sort of has horns with its head spikes. It should be able to learn Smart Strike by TM just like Togetic.
Yeah, I agree. It might actually be an oversight since most pokémon can learn the same moves by TM as their pre-evolution.

I know that in BW, Cinccino wasn't able to learn Thief while Minccino could. This was fixed in the next set of games.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
It's not even confirmed to be in gen 8 yet, but I really want them to reconsider Phantump/Trevenant lines moves. Namely the lack of low tier to mid tier offensive Grass moves.

It doesnt learn any offensive Grass move till level 49 and 54, namely Wood Hammer and Horn Leach. None. And to add insult to it, it's semi-counterpart-ish Pumkaboo learns Razor Leaf, even though between the two it's not the one with leafs in it's motif.

So in want to see Razor Leaf and the new Branch Poke added.

anjunajake

you were the sun & moon to me
I think a lot of non-unique signature moves could be distributed.. as in, moves like Fire Lash, Head Charge, Gear Grind.. that are good moves, but don't do anything particularly unique or special.

I think Aeroblast should be distributed to more special attacking flying types. Flying types need their own form of ice beam/flame thrower/energy ball/ect.

Kingudora

My favourite
I think Aeroblast should be distributed to more special attacking flying types. Flying types need their own form of ice beam/flame thrower/energy ball/ect.
I'd rather want another Flying-type move that was thematically like Aeroblast. I don't think Lugia will lose its signature move any time soon.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Even if they most likely won’t get in, I think the Legendary Birds should get a signature move since they’re some of the few to not have a signature move and/or ability. Same for anything else who lack one like the Regis and Genies

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I'd rather want another Flying-type move that was thematically like Aeroblast. I don't think Lugia will lose its signature move any time soon.
A shame Aeroblast Tornadus never came to fruition. Although I could see Suicune learning it considering it’s related to winds and all that.

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
Even if they most likely won’t get in, I think the Legendary Birds should get a signature move since they’re some of the few to not have a signature move and/or ability. Same for anything else who lack one like the Regis and Genies
Absolutely agree. I wish the Regis got Recover or a signature recovery move like Assimilation or something. They need it. The Legendary Birds (Articuno especially) could use something too!

A shame Aeroblast Tornadus never came to fruition. Although I could see Suicune learning it considering it’s related to winds and all that.

I could see Suicune getting Aeroblast the same way that Entei can learn Sacred Fire.

One thing that I've noticed people haven't mention is THAT LICKITUNG (and its evolution) SHOULD GET LICK!!!!!!!!!!

What are you talking about? Lickitung has been able to learn Lick since Gen II. Yes, it was definitely a weird oversight in the RBY games, but those games had lots of oversights like that.
Oh, Sorry. Didn't notice that.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
I think a lot of non-unique signature moves could be distributed.. as in, moves like Fire Lash, Head Charge, Gear Grind.. that are good moves, but don't do anything particularly unique or special.
Head Charge is a signature move because its Japanese name is "Afro Break", and there isn't a lot of Pokémon with afros (I guess there is Gurdurr, but his afro is just head muscles).

But yes, obviously.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I'd prefer it if Freeze-Dry stayed exclusive to Ice types tbh. Give it to a couple of pokémon like Dewgong, Jynx, and Froslass, but not to stuff that isn't even an Ice type in the first place.

Last edited:

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Dedenne. I honestly believe it's the worst Pikaclone, with Plusle & Minun at least having some gimmicky usability in doubles. Same can't be said for Dedenne. I feel like Moon Blast would be a great step to get people to look at Dedenne a bit more.