• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What moves would you like to see return for a TM or Move Tutor?

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Mimic, Rollout, Sky Attack, Water Pulse, Aerial Ace, Roost, Zap Cannon, Fissure (mainly to surprise any opponents online not expecting it), Seismic Toss, And Vacuum Wave are what I want to see!

DarkerShining

Well, since Toxic, Double Team and Swagger aren't available as TMs or TRs in Sword/Shield, I haven't been able to give my Umbreon and Klefki their usual movesets in those games, so having those back would be nice. Water Pulse would also be nice. If bringing back Signal Beam is an option, then that would also be nice, since there are several Pokémon I like to teach it to, mainly electric types.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Hidden Power is the move I want the most and think has the greatest chance of returning since Unown is likely still in the Dex.

As for Move Tutors, all of the ones from USUM that didn’t return in any way in SwSh like Defog and Knock Off.

raichu27

Well, since Toxic, Double Team and Swagger aren't available as TMs or TRs in Sword/Shield, I haven't been able to give my Umbreon and Klefki their usual movesets in those games, so having those back would be nice. Water Pulse would also be nice. If bringing back Signal Beam is an option, then that would also be nice, since there are several Pokémon I like to teach it to, mainly electric types.
Many Psychic Pokemon can learn Signal Beam, too. Be nice to see that move back.

Water Pulse and Bubblebeam make good coverage moves for Ice Pokemon. Plus, most water Pokemon are capable of learning ice moves.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Return and Frustration. I can see why they got the axe, but I think their removal without some other strong Normal-type move (more than Body Slam, at least) to take its place was too much, considering Normal cannot hit anything super-effectively.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
I agree with some of the posters above. Having Bubblebeam and/or Water Pulse back would be great for coverage on a lot of Pokémon. Hidden Power returning would also be good for coverage reasons, as would Signal Beam on psychic types to help against dark types. Knock Off would be cool too.

Return and Frustration I can do without. But the need for strong normal STAB needs to be addressed at some point.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
It would be nice if the new Move Tutor moves from the Sword and Shield Expansion Pass (Grassy Glide, Flip Turn, Rising Voltage, Burning Jealousy etc.) make it into the new games either through Move Tutor or even as new TMs. Flip Turn would be a good move for Buizel or Prinplup.

Last edited:

Cool Rafe

Cold & Anti-social
IMO, Hidden Power is a lazy move that GF came up with. It should be replaced by giving every single mon a wider variety of coverage so we don't have to rely on a single move over and over again.

Mew29240

IMO, Hidden Power is a lazy move that GF came up with. It should be replaced by giving every single mon a wider variety of coverage so we don't have to rely on a single move over and over again.

I'd like them to at least give an option to change the Hidden Power-type since it was so annoying to get the right type when you wanted it (not to mention it's impossible to get HP-Fighting on Legendaries or other 3+ perfect IV mons when they introduced that change in Gen VI onwards). They let us set our Pokemon's IVs to 31 and change natures, so I can see them giving the option t o choose a Hidden Power as well.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?

Okay, but what would happen to Unown?

Captain Jigglypuff

Okay, but what would happen to Unown?
My idea is to give them Cosmic Power, Stored Power (as their only offensive move), and Power/Speed/Guard Swap. That way they won’t be too strong but also not completely useless either. Stored Power makes sense as Dex entries imply that Unown has powers that it holds back in its body.

NeedsAName

My idea is to give them Cosmic Power, Stored Power (as their only offensive move), and Power/Speed/Guard Swap. That way they won’t be too strong but also not completely useless either. Stored Power makes sense as Dex entries imply that Unown has powers that it holds back in its body.
Don't forget Secret Power! It would be nice for someþing besides Audino to learn it by level-up, and it makes sense wiþ þeir mysterious powers (and Secret Power's basically a buffed Hidden Power).

Captain Jigglypuff

Don't forget Secret Power! It would be nice for someþing besides Audino to learn it by level-up, and it makes sense wiþ þeir mysterious powers (and Secret Power's basically a buffed Hidden Power).
Secret Power could work but I’m not sure it will be reintroduced into the game after being cut considering the move was gimmicky and online battles always made it turn into a Normal type move.

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
Secret Power could work but I’m not sure it will be reintroduced into the game after being cut considering the move was gimmicky and online battles always made it turn into a Normal type move.
Didn't play the Sinnoh games. Did you need Secret Power to carve out a secret base like in Hoenn?

Aduro

Mt.BtlMaster
Zap cannon is really fun, being able to miss outright or just deal a ton of damage or paralyse. Would also be funny if Ho-Oh could use it in VGC to hit Kyogre.

I'd also like it if Dizzy Punch and/or Heart Stamp came back as a fairy type moves with 75 base power. Fairy really needs another physical attack. Bulu and Koko don't even get play rough.

NeedsAName

Zap cannon is really fun, being able to miss outright or just deal a ton of damage or paralyse. Would also be funny if Ho-Oh could use it in VGC to hit Kyogre.

I'd also like it if Dizzy Punch and/or Heart Stamp came back as a fairy type moves with 75 base power. Fairy really needs another physical attack. Bulu and Koko don't even get play rough.
We really do need some more Fairy-type physical moves, but I don't þink Dizzy Punch or Heart Stamp should become some. Instead, I want at least 3 new Fairy-type physical attacks, preferably each wiþ some nice effects. I could easily see a Fairy-type attack þat steals stat changes or a weak one which raises evasiveness by one stage after attacking.

Orphalesion

We really do need some more Fairy-type physical moves, but I don't þink Dizzy Punch or Heart Stamp should become some. Instead, I want at least 3 new Fairy-type physical attacks, preferably each wiþ some nice effects. I could easily see a Fairy-type attack þat steals stat changes or a weak one which raises evasiveness by one stage after attacking.

We desperately do. Pokemon like Galarian Rapidash beg for more physical fairy moves.